Thread: Starting to Get More Looks

Starting to Get More Looks

So I've noticed that I am starting to get just as many strange looks when I go out in guy mode as when I go out as a woman. Lots of double takes, lots of bouncing eyes. For example tonight, my roommate/best friend/coworker and i were going out to eat at a restaurant after a long days work. I was dressed in a guys white company branded polo, guys dress slacks, and dress shoes, and yet... People were looking at me like they normally look at my when I'm dressed as my desired gender. I think I may have crossed the threshold into androgynous land. I wear makeup everyday, my hair is growing longer, and most importantly... The hormones are working!
    I'm not at the point where I pass as a female, or anywhere close, but I don't quite pass as a guy anymore either. It feels like the longer looks and bouncing eyes are people trying to figure out what exactly I am. And you know what?? I like it! It makes me feel like I'm progressing in my journey. Of course I have dysphoric moments, but I live in a house full of amazing friends who love me the way I am. I love this journey. The funny thing is that when I present as female, my friend that I had dinner with, opens the car door for me just as he would any woman. He's just that way. No, I don't have an interest in him and I know he doesn't with me, he's like that with all women. I just find it nice that he instinctively treats me as my desired gender when I'm presenting that way.

When my phone charges a bit, I may have to double post, but I wanted to get your thoughts and opinions on if I have officially crossed the andro threshold or if it's all in my head. You have been forewarned though, other than clothes, I am not presenting as a female. My makeup had been removed for the night and I have no wig on. I'll post a pic in a bit when I have enough phone juice...

Edit: Ok, got a bit of juice. Don't judge to harshly. It's 1:30am here and my picture taking skills are really rough right now. I still what to know what you ladies think though. Oh and I apologize for the lip shadow. Unfortunately, that's here to stay for the next few days. It's recovering from a laser treatment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aly Cat; 06-28-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Eva - I agree with you...

I think you have entered that grey area... probably your hair is the largest element that tugs you towards guy-look...

But your new avatar is the cutest...!!!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Eva . . . I also agree that you have entered the androgynous zone and could be taken either way depending on how you are dressed. So if you were wearing guy clothes, no wig, light make-up I might think "transitioning MTF"

Hugs

Isha

Congratulations!

This is me with makeup on like an average day in guy mode. And I'm not quite so sleepy Today is casual Saturday so I get to wear jeans and a work T-shirt.... Of course none of it is guys clothes but that's besides the point
    And yes, oh my gosh I hate my hair. It is the one thing that drives me absolutely bonkers. I can't wait until it officially grows out.

My GG roommate said that my painted nails is what throws me just over that edge of people being unsure of what's going on when I'm in guy or girl mode. She said it adds that bit of feminine flare that's just not there when they aren't painted.
    Last edited by Aly Cat; 06-28-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Definitely in that inbetween stage. There are feminine features about you so i can see you getting looks. Hang in there, the hormones are working.

Eva,
    That in between stage, better off wearing a wig as per your avatar.

That is really attractive.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've been told that wig looks too fake by several people. I have another one that is more natural, but I can't wear that one until I get a wig cap. I'm in a new area so I've gotta find a beauty supply place. I really want to get past this stage. I'm trying to be patient, but geeze it's tough.

I like the wig in your avatar. I think it looks really good.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You don't have to have a wig cap you know.
    I love the wig in your avatar BTW.
    I think you have entered the andro zone good for you!!!!

Yes you are in the andro zone, probably the nail polish which could be an Emo thing but you look a little old for that. You do look like you're making positive progress and I wish you well in your future. Sometimes I get mam'ed in male mode I kind of like that. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Hi there. Yes, definitely in the 'inbetween' zone... And as others have also stated, the avitar wig suits you VERY well.

So I've updated my hairstyle to be more natural. No more flat ironing for me! I'm still getting used to it but oddly enough, it feels more feminine and "true to form".

Just a little selfie while working on the 4th.... Happy 4th of July BTW!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Oh yes, no doubt about it, with eyebrows like that and eye makeup too, plus gender-neutral clothes, you do have a very "in between" look. I don't know what your voice is like but I can understand why people give you double takes. It's a cute look that suits you.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Your eyebrows are quite lovely, mine are short and fat like two dwarf caterpillars, and I am deeply envious of your smooth eyelids. My poor old eyelids look like last years party balloons.

Update Timeline

So I put together a timeline over the last 4.5 months. Im pretty happy about it. I didnt really include pictures where I was wearing a wig because i kind of felt like it was being unrealistic to the changes that are taking place. I think I am most happy about my cleavage that I am getting and the subtle filling out and softening of my face. Oh, and my hair has DEFINITELY started growing! It kicked into overdrive over this past month or so. Go biotin/prenatals!

Oh, sorry the pictures are kind of small. I had to be able to fit it all in a file size that fit with the website. The timeline starts top left and goes right. Im sure you all could have figured that out, but ya know.
    Bonus shots of developing cleavage and improving makeup skills...
    Last edited by Aly Cat; 08-31-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"