Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Point and Laugh

Point and Laugh

So my GG roommate and I decided to go to home depot to get a key made and when we were coming out, there was a car passing that literally stopped in the middle of the road and the two people started to point and laugh at me. It was very hurtful. I was in girl mode with a normal tank top, jeans, and hair pulled back. They just thought it was the funniest thing to see me walking to my car. It saddens me greatly. People like that are very hurtful and don't consider what that does to others. Im making an effort to lift my spirits by going to AppleBees with my roommate and enjoying our evening. It's tough, but I carry on... Keep on keepin on...

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    That's a shame Eva Lynn - the opposite effect of an unsolicited compliment. That which doesn't destroy us makes us stronger.

Look around and see what they are laughing at.

Really ignore them, you can't cure stupid
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Don't let it get to you. You have those type of people everywhere. Just remember what comes around goes around. Their behavior will eventually bite them in the A-- someday. I hope the rest of your evening went better. Don't let it get to you. All we can hope is someday the world will change and there will be mutual respect.
    Last edited by Robin777; 06-28-2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: correct a word

Welcome to the perils of acting on your principles. i have been spit on, called a f*g, groped, stared at, laughed at, called "sir" very loudly, and so on and so forth. I honestly don't care anymore, but it is par for the course when we step outside of what others consider "normal." Sure, none of it is justified or necessary, but the trolls get their delights where they can. Best to just carry on about your business as best you can and understand that it has everything to do with their own ignorance and insecurities and nothing to really do with you.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Hi Eva

Sorry for your horrible experience today. As Ron White says perfectly: "you can't fix stupid". Try not to allow 2 idiots spoil your day - they are simply not worth the bother

Gretchen

Take satisfaction your living your life on your own terms. And im assuming it makes you happy to do so.
    Of course its hurtful sweety. Those morons probably grinned to themselves for a couple of miles but went on with their miserable lives.
    Take pride in who you are and the ignorant barbs of the public cant sting.

Thank you all. I had a lovely time at Applebee's. We just got home. This sting is lingering in the back of my mind and no matter what I do, it won't go away. I hope some sleep helps. Goodnight all.

This lifestyle takes a thick skin. I too have had my share of set backs. From "you can't go in there" as I was headed to the ladies restroom to "OMG it's one of them" from a pair of 20 something's at the department store. I know it's hard, but don't let this get you down.

Renne........

Just don't let it eat at you. That is the worst thing you can do. Just compartmentalize it and put it away in the back of your mind. Remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I was at a party yesterday, dressed in drab, when my best friend casually mentioned how she thinks I'd be more handsome with shorter hair. This was one comment, and there were multiple people I had just met previous and afterward who commented on how beautiful my hair is. Yet, when my friend tells me she thinks I should cut my hair, it feels bad more than all of the compliments felt good. Part of it's the closeness of our friendship, but I think it's also human nature to see the negatives more than the positives.

I had to fight back the urge to explain to my friend that I've hated her haircut for over a year now. It's not my business how she cuts her hair, especially since we're platonic friends, so I bit my tongue and held back.

I think the take-away is that people are going to hurt you. That's why we have friends and communities to support us. We can be bigger than the people who hurt us, whether they meant to hurt or not.

Banned Read only
    I'm really sorry you had that experience Eva. Really, the best advice I can give you is to just ignore people like that. Ultimately, who cares what some obnoxious person thinks? They don't know you, they don't know what you are going through, and even if they did - they'd probably still be jerks. Learning to ignore this stuff will make your life more pleasant. I know full well that's far easier said, than done. Best of luck, hon.

Eva - that's too bad... You should try not to let it get to you... 'Ignore the ignorant' I say...

I like to think of something karmic or Darwinian happening to them... like, running themselves over while working on their own car... that type of thing - always puts a smile back on my face...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Eva and I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately that is the price we pay for being who we need to be among the Vanilla world. I know it is hard to not have that experience floating around in the back of your mind but if you compare that to all the good interactions you have had the bad truly do lead a "Mayfly existence" in our world. The best you can do is ignore people like that as they are truly ignorant and probably lead a sad and pathetic life. It is likely they would laugh and point at a homeless person, a person in a wheelchair if only to make themselves feel superior. I find a smile in their direction with eye contact normally unnerves these morons and allows you get on with your day.

Keep positive sweetie.

Hugs

Isha

It is surprising to see how insensitive some people can be. Cheer up and keep going. There are good times ahead too.
    Stephanie

Platinum Member
    Hi Eva, You just can't fix STUPID, There's no cure for it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Most people are funny looking even without crossdressing. I remember kids laughing their asses off in the car next to me because I was wearing a cowboy hat. Even though I was totally in male mode, I felt the same as you Eva. You can't control other's reactions, in fact you should expect some people will react in a similar fashion.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Sorry to hear you had such a rotten encounter. Insensitive, yes, and unfortunately that's the world we live in. Hugs!

Gold Member
    Eva, as a teen, I struggled to fit in. The one thing that I always told myself and I use it still is "It does not matter what others think of you, but only what you think of yourself".

Eva, I am very sorry that you had to suffer at the hands of those troglodytes. The good news is you had a nice dinner with a good friend and they were stuck with each other.

Platinum Member
    I'm astonished at the stupidity and indecency of these two individuals. Their behavior is inexcusable. Of course they enjoy the luxury of anonymity for the moment. But perhaps some day soon, they or someone they care about will be ridiculed and they will begin to know how it feels.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gold Member
    Never had that happen to me before (sarcasm)
    I am assuming it was two men? Or at least one man?
    In this case, it might be better that you didn't pass and here is why -
    First of all - if they detected you, that means they were checking you out. What if it had been two GG's they saw who they thought were cute? Men who harass women are a threat. They are the type of men that make necessary things like women's self defense classes, sex offender registry, etc. Those type of men are NOT human.

I know this is just a pipe dream fantasy but what if the same people had something horrible happen to them a moment later? Of course we cannot be fortunate enough to see something like that happen but if I ever did, I would run over and laugh at them and say "Oh my Go it's Karma at work!"

Forgot - If you ask pretty much anyone who has faced ridicule, you will find that the ones who run their mouths are usually the low-lives of society. I know it is still annoying to hear it from anyone but try to remember the ones talking crap are the same types who are rejects anyways, the type of people that no one wanted their kids hanging out with, the ones who cannot get jobs cause of their criminal record, inability to read and write, etc...
    Last edited by Nicole Erin; 06-29-2014 at 08:25 AM.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

"This sting is lingering in the back of my mind and no matter what I do, it won't go away."

Insults we hear when dressed come from people who are afraid of anything different, afraid that if they don't laugh at us their friends will think they are gay...The hurt doesn't really ever go away and it is ALWAYS a risk when we go out. The only advice I have is this: You can't control what people say, but you can control how it affects you. Those idiots forgot the encounter the next day. Going out in public dressed as a woman takes a hell of a lot more courage than anything they've ever don't in their meaningless, cowardly lives.

Eva I am very sorry you had to experience such ignorance and stupidity, those two idiots probably have a combined IQ of 100. You cannot let such ignorance get to you because they cannot help them selves. Just remember, you are living life on your terms and are being true to your self. People like that are forced to live the lives others dictate for them because they do not have the intelligence to do it on their own. Isha is right, all you need to do is make eye contact and give them a nice smile, it will shut them down and they will leave confused. You are a beautiful human being, and I know it can be hard, but don't let those morons get to you. Consider the source and move on!

Hugs
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Sadly, meanness has now permeated many aspects of our society.
    kids/ younger people are now taught (by example) that meanness is perfectly acceptable towards those who you do not agree with.