Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you wonder who else knows about "you?"

Aspiring Member

Do you wonder who else knows about "you?"

My wife knows about "me" for sure. So does my nasty ex-wife who told our children about Dad. At least they're fine with knowing I CD'd. And I've often wondered who else might know. Maybe a year ago I was in a conversation with my sister-in-law and she told me that a few in her family knew about me from the beginning when I started dating my wife. She was fine with it. She wouldn't tell me how they found out. My in-laws are great anyway. I suspect some people I once worked with definitely know. But that contact is no more.

Still, I find it unnerving at times when I might meet up with someone. I'm sure there may be some who don't care and don't say anything. I wasn't thinking one day and while my wife talked with her mother outside I walked out in my capri jeans and pink flip-flops. (In my mind -- Oh S---T!) Nothing happened.

So how do you feel about this issue? I haven't had any real problems over it except that it keeps me wondering, guarded, and defensive in some ways.

Cheryl

Well, there is nothing you can do now. I am single, but accidentally left a thumb plug in at the local library in this small town, and someone has it, with thousands of my pics, and videos. There is nothing i can do now, so i quit worrying about it. However, if some folks in this town, and my brother, sister and dad found out, it would be very harsh. Nothing we can do. Don't worry.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Who loves you?
    Those are the ONLY people that will EVER matter.

Aspiring Member
    I am sure my ex-wife outed me to anybody who would listen, but nobody has said anything to me. Perhaps we now know who is liked and who is simply tolerated.

don't care

Well I know a few know now days, but I really don't care except for my teenage girl so she don't have to put up with it at school, high school girls can be so mean, so I try to keep it as quiet as possible, but I am still me and need my time in the sun. Yes it is a hard to always not do want we want, but when you have a family it is not always about us. If people look at me that is ok, but not if they give my kids trouble about it.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    I know for a fact that my ex-wife told everybody she could about me, but nothing you can do about it life goes on. There are some people and some friends that know about me but non have said anything about it. I don't dress or say anything to them about it. An ex-lady friend had made a comment to a friend of ours one evening, the question was if one of his kids or grandchildren wanted to dress as the opposite sex how would he behave. He told her if it meant that the child was happy and content with his/her life then he would accept it, he may not like it but it was the child's life and let it be. It wasn't the answer she was hoping for.

Banned Read only
    Cheryl once you start to count up more people know than you think ! To say basically you're in the closet.
    I would think more SAs know about me than the family, then I got outed by a commuter train and a horse rider !
    As to how many know on and through the forum ! I don't know if there's a tally kept of members and viewing guests over a daily or weekly period?
    If I'm confronted by it I know I'll have some tricky questions to answer but I'm not going to deny that Teresa doesn't exist I'm not ashamed to admit it anymore!

I have an ex girlfriend who knows. She found a photo of me dressed and I told her. She was fine with it. But I know she told her new boyfriend, which haunted me for years, because he and I had some mutual friends he could have told...but they both moved away a while back, and I have encountered no comments....

Since I'm pretty much in the closet it's a good question. My ex has a pattern of getting into fights with all the roommates she's ever had. When she moves out, she tells everyone all the bad things about those roommates. I'm sure she's at least told everyone in her family and probably my family too. No one has ever confonted me, so I don't know. It's not something that I dwell on or worry about. But if confronted I would have some stress to deal with.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    To me, this is like worrying about being hit by a car. Of course, it could happen, but I NEVER worry about it. I don't even think about it. Just not worth the effort to worry about such things.

No not really I don't broadcast it. but if people find out so be it. I see it like being in the closet but the door is open. It is certainly a headache I don't need
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I'm aware the number of people who know about me is growing outside of my control... Those that know are sharing, or like me accidentally letting slip the info...

Thing is, I don't really care now. So far I'm yet to meet anyone who has reacted badly but I'm sure that will happen eventually. What I have got now are plenty of people interested, lots of make up and fashion advice and the promise of a makeover and girls night out (on the proviso I don't look better than them!!!).

I am, however expecting some hurdles from work, but ultimately there is little to worry them. I don't doubt there may be discrimination, quiet whispers and name calling, but if I catch them at it... Well suffice to say our laws over here are pretty good.
    Last edited by Donnagirl; 06-29-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Call me Donna, please

I did make the foolish mistake of telling, and sending many photos of Alice. She said she would not tell, but NOT!!! She has told several people who knew me in that church, i was int then. It is looked down on as deviance. Nothing i can do now, and let them who is without sin, cast the first stone.

I think the cat may have found out. I'm not sure, but he gives me odd looks - usually around dinner time - and I'm pretty sure he saw me that day I was at the mall with my wife.

Seriously, I have come to a point - after 20 years of dodging shadows and bullets - where I don't really give a dingo's farts if anyone makes the connection. I'm not going to go on parade and declare myself to the world, but I'm not hiding myself. I come and go as i please how I please and if anyone puts 2 and 2 together it isn't anything to me.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

My wife knows and I do not know about the children. They once found out when I was underdressed. However, in the end, friends will not care and to "hell" with all the others. When they are talking about me, they are leaving someone else alone.

Don't care really. I'm sure all the Intel agencies know but don't consider me a threat. Even so I can still beat the best (or worst) of them playing UNO (inside joke).
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

everyone who has ever clapped eyes on me in the last couple years knows. it's a good feeling

Isn't it funny how the ex's always tell your friends and family about your "hobby" thats what my ex-mother-in-law asked me about one day. Why do you wear womens' clothes as a hobby ?

I often worried that if the wrong person found out I might lose my job. Now, I'm not so sure about that, and to go further I'm not sure if I did lose my job, it might not be a bad thing... yeah, I am sure some family know but they keep it to themselves, if they do know.

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Gone to live my life
    Like Donna said ... there are so many people who know now that the information has grown outside of my control. I don't wander around with an "I'm TG t-shirt" on but I don't deny if someone were to ask. For security reasons I had to disclose at work (compromise and all that) so quite a few people know . . . I am okay with it.

Hugs

Isha

I do my best to just keep it here and in my own little world of me and my wife. She is ok with it and we both have our deepest secrets that we share anyway. I do worry sometimes about posting any pictures.

My wife, a few close friends, my mom and brothers, my doctor and church pastor all know. I personally would not mind letting the cat fully out of the bag but it is up to my wife's comfort level as to who knows. I personally feel like it would a burden lifted from me though.

My wife is the only one who knows. My mother on the other hand has her suspicions . In my early teenage years, she caught me modeling in front of the mirror wearing pantyhose. She didn't say anything to me or anyone else that I am aware of, however, she did search my room and confiscate on a regular basis.
    I'm certain that my younger sister has an idea. And because I shave my legs regularly, some tennis buds poke fun.

Platinum Member
    Hi Cheryl, Absolutely no one except my wife of 50yrs who has know from the beginning.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

As far as I know only my wife knows. Maybe a few salespeople may suspect but I don't know them so Who cares.
    Angie