Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you wonder who else knows about "you?"

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    Honestly? The older I get, the less I seem to care... life's too short.
    "I'm a work in progress..."

I told a friend years ago, and she married another friend, and I wonder if he knows... my brothers might know. I think my roommates in the late 80s knew, but I have never been sure. Some shop owners in Connecticut, who never knew my name, knew, but who could they tell?

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

I'm sure there's some people that know about me. A high school friend and I were drinking one weekend evening when I was around 17 or so. He asked me about it, so obviously he knew about it already. I had had a few close calls when friends stopped over unannounced while in high school. Anyways, I "owned" up to it, but only to a limited degree. I'm sure he has told others over the years. After all, this was over 30 years ago. But, I never see him anymore. I have never been confronted by anyone I went to school with, although, I hardly ever run into anyone, either.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about some comments I have made in the past on here in various threads in regard to my ex and why we broke up. We had a LOT of problems and I've said that CDing was NOT one of them. Well, it really wasn't. But, I started to think about it some more and I do think now that she probably knew. I remember some "left-handed" type comments that I really didn't think about until recently. I bring this up because if she actually knew, and I think she did, well, then I'm sure that a lot of other people with whom I went to school also now know. My last ex's brother is married to the cousin of the best friend of another ex of mine. I'm sure it would have made it's way around. But, I never see or talk to any of these people, either, so who cares? There's nothing I can do about it.

I just presume that everyone does and like lots of others responding don't really care.
    ColleenW

I recently found out that some people at work and my sister in law have knower for years not bin an issue for me really don't ask don't tell seems to be the prefured tactic

I'm sure with my ex-wife and her big mouth more people know than I care to think about. I'm certain 2 of my boys know also, not a big deal it's who I am

Only my wife,beautician and make up lady know.

My wife and her BFF knows. I've often wondered if someone who I know has trolled this site and came across me. Wondered yes, worried Never!!

When I told my wife, I was to tell the truth a bit surprised she hadn't figured it out herself. But as she said there were clues aplenty. She did ask who else knew and I mentioned my two sisters and my brother but not the other two sisters or my Mother. 'I know your family' she said 'They'll have told everyone including your Mother' I denied this and pointed out that no on had said a thing about it in many years not even with drink involved. But it got me thinking. Maybe they did know and possibly the three brother in laws too?

I had told some friends too. In fact one is a classic example of how information can get loose. My friend's girlfriend suspected and eventually cornered me until I confessed. She promptly told my friend and he was cool about it. More than cool actually, ahem! Later he confessed he let the secret slip with someone I'd known previously and I have to assume he told some others. On the other hand he is an honourable guy and could keep a secret. So I don't know. I told another GG friend and you have to assume she told her husband and one or two others but again I don't know.

So should I be worried? No I don't think so. For many people it'll be a so what moment and in the real world today where being openly gay or lesbian is only worth a passing comment then my little secret won't exercise anyone's mind for more than a moment. I suspect anyway that most will say: So that's it. I always thought there was something'.

I wonder who knows about me all the time. I used to stress out about it quite a bit. I went to great lengths to conceal this part of me. When I told my girlfriend and she was OK with it, I started not to feel quite as worried about it. I often wear tights or pantyhose under my clothes and wonder if anyway has seen it as my shirt rides up in the back. Maybe someone could become suspicious why I don't ever take my shoes off when visiting a friend's house or wear shorts (either because I'm wearing tights or because I shave my legs). I imagine that most of my fears are just something I imagine and most people could care less about what I do (at least that's what I hope). The longer I keep my true self hidden, the less I want to keep doing it. I feel like I might not care that much if someone I knew found out.

My wife knows. We have a second home a few states away. It is absolutely the ultimate chick mecca. Love it and we spend lots of time here. Pink, pink, pink and a more pink decor (tastefully done). So we're here in the second home and have friends from home coming over to visit here, and my wife if is so worried about the impression they may get. Our creativity is currently working overtime . . .

Cheryl,
    Not many know about me these days, I was comfortable with it all some years ago with a different circle of friends.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm in the too many to count mode at this point. There are those who know and have been out with Nikki. There are others who may suspect, to those I neither deny or confirm, I just laugh it off and leave them to wonder.
    At this point in life, I really don't mind. When I shop I tell the SAs that I'm shopping for me. I get better service and usually never have a problem. Only once did I have an older SA keep telling me that they didn't carry pantyhose for men, I found another SA to help me and then made sure that the older one ring me up along with 2 bras that were on clearance.

As far as I am aware only my SO knows (only person I have told so far), but I have no intentions of denying it if people ask me.
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

Silver Member
    My CDing is a closely held secret with only a hundred or two knowing. Haven't had much flack about it. Still have friends, gone fishing with the guys and shopping with their wives. I've been caught/outed in the 50s, 60s, ... 2010s.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 07-05-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Last week, one morning during our regular meeting, one of my coworkers said something like "What if Amy were to show up unannounced one morning?" (He was here last Halloween, so he's seen me en femme and knows I was using the name Amy that day.)

Part of me was thinking, "Yeah, I wish!" and part of me was thinking, "OMGWTF! Does he know Amy is more than just a character?"

(Among my coworkers, the only one who I've told is my direct manager, and she's quite open-minded about it.)

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

GF, ex-GF (who is a very close friend), you all, a TS friend, and my support group. At this point, I don't plan to let family know. Mom is....a special case. Once she has passed on, I am sure I will open up waaayyyy more.

Outside of people I have met on this board or at a tg meetup group, my boss at work strongly suspects it, but has not seen me as Grace. Going out around town there are people who know me as Grace, but do not know my male identity. People in my apartment complex have seen me in both modes. There could well be people who know that I am not aware of, due to them not mentioning to me anything about it. Anymore, I am not overly worried if others find out.

Careful I bite <3
    I had an ex that told a bunch of people that didn't matter to me since she was an EX. I know most of who they are.

I also have a few people that have seen the clothing I have, a few that have guessed, and a few that I know wouldn't tell but might have some ideas.

Other than that I've mostly chosen who knows and who hasn't.

There is the small chance that people have caught me under dressing.

My wife, the most important person in my life, knows, accepts and celebrates who I am. That is bliss.

I have no desire to tell old friends or family.

Before marriage, a number of years ago, I was in the midst of a breakup with a woman. Our relationship was short, intense and volatile. I never felt comfortable revealing my CDing to her with all the other 'issues' we were dealing with. So with the breakup, she stopped by my house to pick up the last of her things. I was not planning on this drop-in and I was not home when she collected her things. She found a pair of very nice lacy woman's underwear in the sheets of the bed and later that day confronted me about sleeping with an old girl friend because she found the evidence. I was taken off guard by the fact that she would go into my house after we split without me being home, and then search the bedroom to look for her things.

When she confronted me, I sighed, and told her they were my underwear. To this day, I'm not sure if she thought I was breaking up with her because I was seeing another person; this seemed much simpler than the story I gave her, the fact that I enjoyed crossdressing.

She looked at me and said, 'But you're so masculine, why would you do that?"

I believe she was capable of accepting this part of my life, but given the nature of our relationship, we never got close enough for me to share this personal detail.
    I really didn't want a new x-girlfriend with this knowledge of me in a small town, but I decided to give the best answer, the truth, "I am a cross dresser".
    Being confronted put me into an awkward position. I felt very vulnerable and the entire exchange made me laugh and cry at the sometime. Now I giggle at the way we parted, it was apropos.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Only my wife, sister in law, my sons and their partners.......oh and the rest of the English speaking nations as a minimum by now, I should think .

It's just too good a secret to hold on to when the relative is not your own flesh and blood, but I'm not overly worried, if at all.

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 07-06-2014 at 06:21 AM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I am who I am and really that is all that matters.

If someone know and they truly care for you, it will not matter to them that you are different, and if it does, do you really care what they think?

Lets face it, I think that nearly every person on this forum like the female side of their personality, if they didn't they would not enjoy dressing. That being the case, I would think that people knowing would not bother you accept for an issue of the impact it might have on you being able to make a living.

I'm not sure how many people know.... I would say quite a few but who cares and I never look backwards at what has happened in the past for very long, its a waste of time.

I'd be curious to know if the neighbors know since I do go out all the time. My wife of course knows and I think my mom knew a long time ago.
    For me though it's just a curiosity as I really don't care who does and who doesn't.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Any more I really don't care who knows.