Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it all worth it?

I used to be obsessively paranoid about hiding anything associated with my alternate life especially when I had lived with a roommate that didn't know and I don't think would have understood. That being said, I don't think that it was a good way to go about things. Being so secretive can wear you down and stress you out. Before I started dating my girlfriend, I purged which helped alleviate the stress of hiding things. It was costly and left a hole inside me. I eventually got the desire to dress again and I had the courage to tell my girlfriend. She accepted me and the stress of being secretive is not longer a problem. I don't have to hide my stuff in my own home anymore. I don't have to hide in my house when dressed up anymore if I don't want to but I'm still working on that. Is going through this trouble worth it? It is because we need to do this. Could you lessen how much trouble you have to go through to keep it a secret? Yes but I know for me, I had to come to terms with my emotions before I could start.

It's not whether it's worth it, some of us just do it because it feels like the right thing to do. Of course, sometimes the right thing to do, comes with a price.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany CD
    Is it all worth it?
    Yes, it’s all worth it. If you hadn’t tried it, you would’ve wished you had…

I'm a crossdresser and love it. I do it for fun because I love wearing women's clothes, I love makeup, I love wigs, and I love looking like a girl. While it's been great doing all this, I can't help but think more deeply about all this. I am very private about all this, and I know that it could hurt some personal relationships if I opened up about my dressing, especially in the romantic life. Often I have to hide my girly things and have to make sure no one can come across anything. It's been making me wonder why I continue to dress up knowing the stress it can bring me. If I gave it up my life would not change, so it's something that lingers in my mind? Can someone give some thoughts on this?
    My thoughts? I’ll tell ya, Brttany, I kinda like the stress. Its fun knowing that I have (harbor) a secret of epic proportions, that I have a secret stash of femme stuff right under everyone’s nose, and that I think about decidedly un-masculine things 24/7. Of course, there’s no way to adequately explain WHY you want to do this, so the secret, exponentially increasing bit by bit and year by year, becomes delicious in the extreme…

I say “carry on” with what you’re doing, the way YOU want to do it, and enjoy life to the fullest…