Thread: Health and Wellness

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar

Health and Wellness

I've seen several threads on how crossdressing, at least to look more passable, has motivated some to want to get in, and stay, in better shape.
    I figure make a single thread for it.
    It has really helped me to cut down drastically on beer.
    I've also eliminated soda to mixed with alcohol only, and I barely consume such.
    I'm also doing more exercising, cardio, to slim down and to stay in better shape in general.
    I hate the little belly I have; it must GO!
    I figure here we can share fitness advice and stuff here.

Last edited by Alice_2014_B; 07-01-2014 at 02:44 PM.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Same here, really needed to shed the beer belly... Having a slight relapse, living out of a hotel for a few weeks, but I have lost over 10kg (25lb) since February. All that just with replacing beer with red wine, cutting down portion size and a little exercise... Still got a few more kg to go...
    Call me Donna, please

Banned Read only
    Alice you may have already read my comments on this but I didn't intentionally lose weight because of CDing, it just happened through increased exercise with a new dog ( lossed about 25lbs. ) It's given me a smaller waistline so I don't have to bother with padding, I don't overdo my bust size so I look more or less in proportion, Ok I wouldn't make a buxom GG but I'm happy with what I have. The great thing is I can usually get UK size 12 off the rack and it fits.

I'm sure we could all stand to lose a few pounds. Last year, I switched to ONLY eating salads for dinner and I lost nearly 30 pounds over about 6 months. Yes, they are HUGE salads, but it did the trick. I make them with cucumber, carrots, green peppers, celery, tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, and kale. I do add a few croutons for some crunch and added flavor and I use red wine vinegar and olive oil for the dressing. I top it all off with a little bit of shredded white cheese. I have to make huge salads in order to even remotely feel full. I weighed my salad once and it was just shy of 6 pounds, but that was with the bowl, which only weighed about 12 ounces itself. It was hard to keep it up, though, I must admit. Once winter and cold weather hit, it was very hard to only eat "cold" food for dinner. I had to stop and go back to hot food, although I did eat more sensibly. I'm back on salads again now, though. I admit, it is hard to eat the same food day, after day, after day, after day. Even now, I need to take breaks from it. But, it does work to help shed the pounds. I imagine if I exercised, I could lose even more weight. But, in my experience, with strenuous exercise usually comes increased appetite. Another plus is that I have regularity in the bathroom now.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I think there are many things we can learn from what women know about staying better looking and healthier. Something as 'simple' as moisturizer and sunscreen was never on my male agenda! Nail strengtheners have been a godsend from my ratty male fingernails.

There are also the issues of trying to fit into a certain type of dress, or just getting the waist/hip ratio more in line with typical sizes for women, but those are things we could have done in male mode but just didn't . For me, I'll take any motivation I can get

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    there should be a section for it.....like the beauty section.....it is ALSO one of the LEAST followed threads or topics I noticed...yet probably one of the most important from a physical point of view rather than emotional support that most come here for and the pantie discussions. My workout/diet routine borders on insane right now..but I enjoy it and its not a chore to me...I look forward to it..and once you start to lose weight, you feel better, look better and want to continue...I have a few routines...here is a typical weekday...btw..im off all week ...

Wakeup ,Run 6 miles
    Do a few laps in the pool...maybe 20-30..sit in the hot tub 10 mins
    WALK...from the gym home...
    Have a smoothie for breakfast organic blueberries, strawberries, rasberries...
    Nibble on radishes,brocolli,cauliflower,and grape tomatoes for a snack later in the day..
    Dinner is usually some sort of taco ( no..not from taco bell)..homemade,organic as i can make them no meat ( except shrimp or fish or just plain veggies) lettuce and mango salsa..some hot sauce..
    Go for a walk..take a nap
    Do some design work,whatever else i need to get done
    DO yoga or stretching...also an INSANE ab workout , not to build the core, but the sides...
    Bed...
    no beer,burgers,pizza fast food...nothing....now when i look at fast food commercials i get sick. Last time I ate bacon..I got sick...

Once or twice a week I will have chicken...but not greasy fried junk. diet is like 70%...cardio is the other 30...

and when it comes to workouts...if you workout like a man, you will look like one... leave the arms alone...cardio, yoga, stretching,all those kinda things, i also try to do a ton of ballerina stretches,and back stretches...start stretching out that back on a yoga mat and see how femme you feel...

its easy to be lazy...its harder to be and stay motivated...make a playlist of your favorite girly songs...and run....sore is the new sexy...and nothing tastes as good as sexy feels. "

Beer?? beer is awesome...but I will have a good beer on a special occasion as a treat , ..if i wanna catch a buzz and knock back a few I stay LOW calorie...vodka,seltzer,lemon...very low calorie. Good Luck Girls !!!

Funny this is my shopping list from this morning.

1. Blueberries
    2. Strawberries
    3. Rasberries
    4. Avacadoes
    5. Corn Tortillas
    6. Salsa
    7. Green Tea
    8. Lemons
    9. Radishes
    10. Brocolli
    11. Grape Tomatoes
    12. Cauliflower
    13. Bagged fresh Lettuce
    14. Small flour tortillas
    15. Frozen Shrimp
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 07-01-2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: shopping

When I hit my highest weight tipping the scales at over 230, the Dr. said "eat less - move more". Pretty simple I thought. Takes a lot of motivation. While I started on appetite suppressants, I eventually weaned myself off of them and now am motivated by that size 10 dress I want to get into.

Keeping my diet under control and my walking workout constant, seems to make everything a little better. Not a drastic change, but every little bit helps...

Renne.....

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I'm also much into getting fit, I use a product I'm involved in selling to help but I do enjoy the exercise, besides the workout clothes are just so darn cute

It is amazing how I always think about weight lost as soon as I see myself wearing a dress and that pot sticking out. When my wife sees me watching my weight she will ask what's wrong grey dress fitting a little tight.

This is a lot of info and inspiration.
    I used to thing it was 70% exercise and 30% diet; didn't know I was incorrect for the longest time.
    Love that grocery list, Adriana.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    It is amazing how I always think about weight lost as soon as I see myself wearing a dress and that pot sticking out. .
    Dont we all ...LOL...I have some clothes that are too tight on purpose as motivation ( i will wear them at home in private)...and now i have clothes that are too big too which hit the trash....the good kinda purge...i agree its hard to keep motivated
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 07-01-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Alice,
    I found that consciously cutting down the amount I put in my mouth does wonders.
    Also I do a lot of outdoor activity.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good outdoor exercising has always been easy for me.
    I'm just now getting a good diet down.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I too try to eat well and exersize
    Goal 135 lbs
    today 138

woohoo