Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer or Winter best CD time for you?

Gone to live my life
    To be honest I enjoy the cooler months more. Mainly because I like cool over heat. However, from a dressing perspective cooler weather allows me hide my arms and shoulders in the relative comfort of sweaters and jackets. In summer I can wear a light sweater but then I get very warm and begin to perspire and tend to have more critical make-up fails . . . so cool weather gal.

Hugs

Isha

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    Cooler weather is so much better than heat. I would rather shiver a bit than feel like I'm about to melt in the heat (even without make up, and in boy mode!).

As for crossdressing, the cooler weather is better. I love to wear pantyhose and tights, and I miss the feel of my legs encased in hose! I tried wearing them once or twice in the heat. I thought my legs would turn into liquid, they sweat so much.
    Charlotte

Anything but high summer for me. I like my makeup, and hot days are a nightmare. Fortunately I live in England so its usually a few weeks a year at most that I suffer. Aside that, I like the seasons - it does effect how you dress

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Definitely the cold... Under dressing is so easy... Hiding my bulk, muscle and scars under a loose sweater dress, jumper or jacket looks quite acceptable... Spaghetti straps, mini skirts, cami tops, midriff or crop anything... Sorry that just pushes any hope of illusion into the realms of the comical or nauseating... Definately will scare small children!!!!
    Call me Donna, please

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I'm a Fall to Spring girl. Since I love the feel of the heavier materials like satin and taffeta and always wear stockings or pantyhose I prefer the cooler weather. Also, the cooler season calls for more clothes to wear. I just don't have the physique for tank tops and shorts. I also can be hair free all winter. Need the body hair for the beach, yuk.

Platinum Member
    Hi Aleca, I enjoy all four seasons the fun of turning over my closets bringing out the things from the back of the closets.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I want to dress so just have to go with the seasons. Summer has the advantage of wearing strapless tops plus longer days; during winter my compression stockings aren't out of place, wig and boots are cozy. And as Blue Orchid said, finding fresh outfits to wear again. All good!!

I like them both, both summer and wonder styles appeal to me. But due to other reasons (arthritis), summer is by far my favorite.
    Stephanie

I prefer the winter as I love to be dressed up in cosy warm opaque tights. I can never dress without tights what ever the weather. Even when it is still hot in in the summer I never dress without my lovely tights/pantyhose.

Fall to spring would be preferred. Its cooler of course, but because I live in the city and want to get out of my townhouse and into an Uber or a cab to go out I prefer the cover of darkness. This is especially true since the ghost of Gladys Kravitz moved in a few doors up.

The summer almost makes me not want to dress, well at least here in the Augusta, Georgia area. It gets so hot, without much of a cooling breeze. Since when is 90-something degrees after 9:00pm okay? UGH!

I love opaque tights. They look hot (no pun intended) and feel great. However, they make me sweat like no tomorrow, when I wear them in the heat.

What is a "Uber"? Who in the world is/was Gladys Kravitz?
    Charlotte

Platinum Member
    Heck of a time to ask...it's 95 degrees here and probably will be till October. Needless to say, during the dog days of summer even the thought of cool days and sweater dresses is enticing. But I do really enjoy summer ....sun dresses, maxi dresses, sandals shorts and tank tops, even hanging by the pool in a cute one piece with a margarita....

As I get older I appreciate the advice to enjoy the moment, live in the now. We are only here...a place and time beautiful and all to brief.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Winter. Summer is just swimsuits, shorts, short sleeve shirts, flip flops (at least with my big feet). Fall, winter and spring are all sorts of outfits, some pretty shoes, cheerleader uniforms, dresses and skirts, things that are simply too uncomfortable in 90 degree weather.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Winters are best for crossdressing for me. My style of clothes (dresses and pantyhose/tights) works better then. The extra heat of the wig can have me sweat too if it's warm out.

I agree, I feel like I'm wearing a beaning in the summer, and I glisten like a pig, lol

Year round for me. Every season brings something new and interesting to wear!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Whilst summer is great for the soul, it's no so good for my head, as it sweats for Britain . Not very girlie, but there we go. If having a sweaty head was an Olympic sport, I'd have gold medals many times over, so for me it's winter, hands down...or is that hats off?

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle789 View Post
    Heat and humidity? What part of SoCal do you live in? Try the east coast for humidity.
    Hi Michelle, I reside in Bellflower. As I write this, 2315 hrs on Thursday, the 3rd of July, it's 69 degrees, with 78% humidity. I took a shower at 2100 hrs and turned on the A/C as soon as I'd dried off, just so I wouldn't start perspiring again.

I can't speak for the East coast, but I've lived in Texas in the past. I'm a firm believer in the notion "that it's not the heat, it's the humidity". I've not spent too much time in the San Fernando valley, but those of us in closer proximity to the coastal regions equate "June gloom" with a decided increase in underarm wetness and that uncomfortable feeling of your clothes sticking to your skin.

So far, the only women's clothes I have worn have been dresses, skirts, one top, pantyhose, tights, one garter belt, and platform pumps.

The main part I hate about dressing in the unbearable heat here are my wigs and my hosiery.

I, too, glisten like a pig.
    Charlotte

While I love summer and being able to wear shorter skirts, capris, shorts and sexy sandals it's generally so humid here that it's uncomfortable much of the time. Since I can't grow out my hair (not enough to grow) it becomes so hot wearing a wig sometimes, whereas the cooler months of fall, winter and spring don't hinder me that way.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Here in the midwest, the winter was extremely cold, and icy, dangerous footing. In the late spring, and summer, very hot, and very humid and muggy uncomfortable. Spring and fall seem best.

Sping and fall are my favorite times of year here in Ohio. Warm enough during the day to wear shorts, cool enough at night to wear jeans!

Fall and winter all the way. Hot and humid just doesn't work for me when Im dressed up. It hasn't been 100 degrees yet this summer and that is something to be happy about here. I can't wait for that first cold front to make it down here usually sometime in September or October.

It's a close call but I prefer winter, unfortunately I have hairy legs and arms at the moment so typical winter clothing helps hide that.

I enjoy it all year round, though I'd probably prefer summer if I went out dressed.

Aside from everything else, dressing is really practical in winter - being able to layer. Much easier to underdress too which is always fun for work