Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of going out in the daylight for the first time. Fear is creeping in. Ugh.

You are going to love it! If you have been dreaming of this moment them seize it. Don't look back! When your heels hit the pavement it is going to be a thrill you will never forget. The world is waiting.
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Yes! Go for it! You will wonder afterward why you ever hesitated. And it just gets easier. You rock, honey.
    Hugs
    Sammie
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

I am near sacramento, and the gems told me I wasn't welcome

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RenneB View Post
    The hardest thing for most of us to pass ..... is the front door. ..
    Yea Renne !!!! You nailed it !!!! Yes have fun....and put on some cute sunglasses..I love daytime for that reason...wearing my favorite pair of Jackie O's .......

I did it. I did it. IIiiiiieeeee dddidddidddidddd iiitiiitiiiitttttttt. OMG. I did it.
    Pant pant. Holy Cow. Talk about a mission. Whew. It was awesome and yet terrrrriiiiffffiinngggg at the same time.
    The support group was awesome too. The group is the Diablo Valley Girls (www.diablovalleygirls.org) and they are great. If your in the North end of the Bay Area, it's a great group to be with. Sacramento is a little to far for me.

As for the experience. Yips and Yippieeee. Jorja's response is perfect for this experience. You will all love this one.

Out in the daylight!!!! OMG!!!! Call Emergency Services first so they can set off the sirens and announce to hide all the children, dogs, and those that might have weak hearts. - - - This is precisely what I expected. I have a mother that drove into me the horrors of men that Cross Dressed. Or as she put it, "Men who dress like women are sick. They need to be castrated and then hung. Killed slowly". No, she has no idea and as long as is possible, won't know. So yes, I was fearful of being attacked, or arrested as if I were some child molester or something. So it was very hard to go out. Yet, Iiieee dddiiiiiddd iiiititttttt.

--- My original plan was to go a few hours early to try and just relax and adjust. Give myself time to breath, relax in the meeting room before meeting, etc. Fear was there though and in the end, I left early enough to be there about 45 minutes early. -------

There are several ways to go out. As mentioned, a trip to a support group is a good choice. ---- agreed. This is probubly the BEST time to do so for the first time if it's an option -----
    A trip to a park in the middle of the day usually works because there are less people. ---- I bet this is the case...normally. So, I got to the meeting 45 minutes early and felt confident enough (getting out of MY town and into one that no one knew me helped here) that instead of sitting around, I went walking. Well, across from the building was a park with a TON of people. There was a Farmers Market like thing going on with Massive amounts of people. (aaaaaaaa!). Yet, I took a deep breath, and started walking to the park anyway....and fell down. LOL. OMG, I was laughing so hard while getting up. People came running over to help me but I was up before they could. I was laughing at myself thinking, "only me, only now. This is a test of my courage and dam-it, I am going to pass it". Off into the park and about 1000+ people (at least that is what it felt like) I went. For those that know Concord Ca, it is the park across from the Spaghetti Factory and it was Thursday. I walked all the way around the park, kept from looking at anyone in the eye and just smiled a lot (I do that when nervous AND happy). Yet, the smile got many others to smile back. Not only that, but I got the Humpf, she thinks she's so cute (grumpy) looks from many (grungy looking, unclean, dirty, don't care how bad they look) women. I also got a Wow, she's hot, from a man. It was pretty intense.

It gives you a chance to get out in the sunshine and stretch your legs. ----- I stretched them for a good 30 minutes of walking around the public. Oh how good I felt by the time I was at the meeting. I felt like I could do this every day. Wow.-----

Go for a ride in your car. ---- The drive is were my confidence started. Once out of my home town, it was as if I was Vicki and no one else. I felt ......well it felt like I was me. I belonged the way I was. It felt right, and great.

Start small and as your confidence grows step up your outings. Soon you will be at the mall on Saturday mid morning with everyone else and not care one way or the other who might see you. ------ lol, my GF asked me this am when we were trying to figure out what we wanted to do if I wanted to go out as Vicki with her to the Mall. OMG. I was wanting to, but with it being the 4th, I was wary that we might run into a lot of people and more worried that if people were drinking, they might not be as....well they might not be in control shall we say. So I opted out and said that we will go on a different day when it's not a holiday. Yep, it's going to come. She is wanting to. She likes the idea of going out with Vicki to the Mall. To the stores and such. Now to get myself ready for that because that will most likely mean having to do the one most scary of all for me. Using a restroom. (Holy @#%%@#. Now that really does scare me). Can I be arrested for using the women's restroom if I am not in transition and just a CD'er?

So, the experience was awesome. I already know I will be Vicki tomorrow and so, I will try to get some good pics of me to post even. Give you all a chance to see me.

Till then, this is, was and will be an amazing experience. If there are any of you in the North Bay and have not yet been out but want someone to go with. Let me know, we can see about you coming with me to the DVG when I go. Going to the Support group as your first time going out in full in the day time is great way to go. Who better to help you feel secure once you reach your destination than a support group.

Love you all. Thank you so much for all your words of encouragement.

Oh, before I go. I am going to post one more time with an explanation as to why I think "I" Vicki feel the comfort of being Vicki over when I am not. So catch it if you see it.

Again, thank you so much.

Vic

As promised, pictures are up on the following thread. "Thread: Post your Selfies HERE!!"
    Love you all.
    Vicki

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Good for you, Vicki!

I remember the butterflies in my stomach the first time I went to a supermarket as Amy...I nearly slipped on a slick part of the floor, and some teenagers coming out of the store may have been laughing at me (or not, I couldn't tell), but it went just fine!

Now, all fear of being out as Amy is long since gone. I am no longer the frightened crossdresser I was, I have become a "woman of the world"! Just today I went out as Amy three times to do some shopping for my fiancee...and this was in the middle of the day, in brilliant sunlight! (And I regretted I couldn't stay out long enough to go looking through Ulta Beauty or Sally Beauty Supply lol ) Nobody paid me any mind in my black-and-white sundress and sandals...I even saw another woman dressed much the same as I was!

Keep going out, and eventually you, too, will lose the fear.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Careful I bite <3
    Congratulations!

Glad your experience was positive, Gamer! I think that we all remember our first experience out the door and mine was similar to yours, a CD group meeting.

Looking back on it some of my fears seem a bit silly now, but they were very real then!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Vicki just go out into the light and be Vicki!
    "Missed it by that much!"

Hi Vicki,

Yes! You did it. "You did it. UUUUUUeeeee dddidddidddidddd iiitiiitiiiitttttttt. OMG. U did it!!!" ... and yes, Jorga and everyone had it right on. (Thanks for the fun read -- it's like we were all experiencing what you were feeling!)

If you are like many of us, you won't forget that first time -- I know I haven't! Even though I've been out a fair bit, I still get that little rush when I'm out the door. (kinda nice, really.) Bet you can't wait for that shopping trip with your fiancee -- you'll both have a lot of fun! We've had lots of threads about using the ladies' room -- do check them out. (E.g. empty the bladder before you leave, and if you do need to use it, just do a quick in - out.) Isn't it great how a smile reaps its rewards? One bit of advice from Lacey Leigh -- do "Look in eye, look in eye" -- it adds that touch of confidence that helps (at least it helps me.)

Enjoy!!!

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    Hi Vicki, You are out there now and there will be no holding you back now.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I just did for my first time, how exhilarating it was. If you didn't go out and do it now!

The first time is the hardest. I now actually prefer going out during the day and doing "normal" things as long as it is not too hot out.

Congratulations Vicki! What a great outing, bet you will be buzzing for days

As with most things that require confidence, baby steps is generally the way to go. Set achievable targets and continue to challenge your self with each successive attempt. Now to follow up on my own advice. My first (and so far only) outing occurred recently at a seaside town away from m y home. I had planned to go out at 3.30am as remote chance of meeting anyone. Renee is right when she says getting out the front door is most difficult. I went to the main street, parked and walked up and down window shopping. The experience was absolutely amazing and one of the most exciting things I have done. Every fibre of my being was stimulated.
    A more detailed account is described in Playing away from home.
    Vicki if you went out I hope you felt the same way. I look forward to the next outing and the opportunity to experience with other CD friends
    Cheers
    Amanda

My first time out in the daylight happened the day I was expecting a package from amazon. The mail came I went out to get the mail and had completely forgot that I was dressed. I was walking back to my house with the mail and package an noticed I was dressed. I saw my reflection on my car window. I was a bit nervous for a second then just walked back into my house.