Thread: Heels & Tired Hurting Feet

Heels & Tired Hurting Feet

I doubt if anyone here would deny that heels are feminine, sexy & attractive but they are not made for comfort. At "Diva" earlier this year I spent too much time walking in order to find one of the restaurants and returning to my hotel. This hasn't been the first time this has happened to me in Las Vegas either. This town often requires much walking. Ceasar's Palace Shops covers a large area.I had tired hurting feet by the end of the evening. I've installed permanently a pair of Footzyfolds in my purse now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I usually try to match my shoes to the amount of walking I plan to do. If I'm only going to walk from the valet to my restaurant table anything goes! For a walk around the mall with Mimi a pair of 2" or 2-1/2" Clarks wedge sandals work well. If I'm going to do a lot of walking flat sneakers or other athletic shoes are required.

The fold-up flats are great for those emergencies where your heels are attacking your feet, but remember that they are folding because their soles are wafer-thin. They're really more like footie socks.

I have a lot of fun with shoes, but I don't want to end up sharing the fun with a podiatrist!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    I agree with Eryn. I try to match my shoes with my outing. If I will only be walking from the house to the car to my destination, then "the sky's the limit" (as in sky-high heels!). If I will do a little bit of walking, I try to wear my 4" heels. If I will do a lot of walking, I try to wear athletic shoes.
    Charlotte

Platinum Member
    Hi Jacky, You know when you put on heels that it going to be painful but we do it anyway.
    taking flats along is a great idea.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Or, maybe dress like a real woman who typically doesn't wear heels over 3". Unless you think you need to wear CFMs (sexy 4+"), then do yourself a favor and stop. I can walk all day in 2 /34" heels and that is my max. And at 67, I have little need for CFMs.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I have some 5" and 6" heels that are as comfortable to wear as my steel caps. Admittedly I don't walk for hours on end but I will keep them on for 5 to 6 hors. The feet may feel a little cramped at the end but its worth it for the femininity.
    Cheers
    Amanda

My one experience of going to a party in heels showed that having a spare pair of flats or something comfortable with you is a great idea in case you feet start hurting. I even tried to break the heels in by wearing them for a week before the party. I lasted longer than I thought but I could barely walk at the end. Granted, dancing in heels was rough on my feet but I had too much fun.

I often wear a pair of flat boots for walking.
    They have enough style to look attractive.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Granted, walking constantly in sky-high heels will tire anyone's feet, and backup flats in the purse is always a good idea.

Having said that, there have been times when the same pair of great-fitting 5-inch heels have easily lasted all night. Those same heels a few days later are hurting my feet after an hour. So, I paid attention and the next time they started to hurt I stopped to think. What I realized was that I was inadvertently beginning to lose my normally fluid feminine gait! So, I was able to rest for 5 minutes and tried again, conscious of tightening my abs and leading with my upper thighs as I normally do. I was on those heels for another 4 hours with no problem.

So, don't run cross country in heels, and avoid any 'male' body movements!

Just A note. This first time I had a problem with heels was on a limo tour which I anticipated wouldn't involve too much walking but it did & the last time involved difficulty in finding a restaurant in the Caesars Palace complex. It helps to have a GPS in that place

What are "CFM" heels?

Amanda, you look great.

I love to wear 4"+ heels. Most of mine are 6" ones.

I have never been to Las Vegas.
    Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by mikiSJ View Post
    Or, maybe dress like a real woman who typically doesn't wear heels over 3". Unless you think you need to wear CFMs (sexy 4+"), then do yourself a favor and stop. I can walk all day in 2 /34" heels and that is my max. And at 67, I have little need for CFMs.
    My sentiments exactly Miki...
    Heels are sexy and feminine, but these shoes aren't made for walking. As my wife is prone to say, "these are Sitting shoes".
    I have my Clarks with 1.5 to 2.5" heels or platforms and they are comfy for strolling about the mall. If I'm doing a lot of walking then I'm more casual and just wearing some good sneakers.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Ladies,

I keep forgetting to post this. Stupid memory!

Try Dr. Scholl's (spelling?) Dreamwalk line of shoe insoles. I got some of the Ball of Foot Cushions, and my heels didn't hurt as much!
    Charlotte

I have a pair of six, five and four inch heels. I actually clean the house in them and wear them for hours some days. I also have found that to be in some kind of shape is easier to walk in heels for hours. I use an elliptical trainer and actually daily do seven minutes on it to keep my feet and legs in shape just for heels. I do it up on the balls of my feet. It throws my butt up in the air and my thighs feel like I have heels on. I found that by deven just three minutes a day can make legs look great and can add to your height of heel selection. It strengthens the right muscles and now the second secret is getting a good fitting pair of heels.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I absolutely adore wearing heels. They just go with the outfit and make me feel good. And I can wear heels all day just not the 8" ballet boots. I can barely walk 10 feet in those but that's a whole other scene. For my morning walk when I'm really covering some ground, nothing beats sketchers flats.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I've noticed that wearing heels in the house is fine. I can wear them for hours at a time, with little or no problem. Maybe it is the fact that I am mostly on carpet or the fact that I am mostly sitting down. When I wear them out, that is a totally different matter. I walk more when I'm out.
    Charlotte

Banned Read only
    When I am at home I wear a three to four inch heel. I get a lot of work accomplished around the house, but, the total distance covered is not that great. The key for me is to not wear a very slim pointy heel, but, rather a heel that will support my weight better. I learned years ago, if I am going to take a neighborhood stroll, then I will wear a one inch heel which qualifies as a flat. I still want some support between my feet and concrete sidewalks. When I am in an area where young women park their cars and walk a distance to work, especially on the steep hills downtown, they wear athletic shoes and carry their "office" heels in a tote. If the athletic shoes are clean and stylish and a color a woman would wear, I would suggest that for long distance neighborhood strolls.