Thread: Alright already about the not pretty enough to go to a Group OUTing!!!!!

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar

Alright already about the not pretty enough to go to a Group OUTing!!!!!

I get PMs all the time saying "I can't go to a XYZ Group OUTing because I am not pretty enough." From various CDers who have getting OUT enfemme on their bucket list. They don't go OUT because they feel that others in the group are WAY more beautiful than they are. Obviously not referring to me. Certainly others in our group or others in different group. But for sure not me. But I have been deceitful.

In reality you do not have to be beautiful to go OUT enfemme. My earliest ventures out were way back when I started CDing, all of a year and a half ago. I in no way was convincing at all. So I kept my distance from others. let me tell you it was difficult being inconspicuous walking through the mall when I really was sliding down the concourse with my backside plastered to the wall, shuffling my feet side to side. No one noticed my makeup wasn't perfect for sure. Maybe the shuffling was the dead giveaway!?!??? But no one said anything. Mostly because I CHOSE APPROPRIATE VENUES AND TIMES! THAT is more the key, I have found. Over time, as I improved my presentation, I realized that small babies no longer cried out in terror as I passed by, as my ears no longer experienced the howling of the dogs and hissing of the cats in the pet store, I began to have some confidence. Now as long as it is dark enough, as long as they confiscate everyone's eyeglasses upon entering, I can walk through any public location, at night, during a power failure, sky overcast, with complete confidence that no one will realize I an a CDer. Until I trip over something in the dark and cuss like a sailor anyway. Sorry CDer sailors.

So it is time for a confession of sorts. I have a full time photo retoucher on staff. For the first time I am posting what I really look like.

A formal standard is set:
    You may attend our Group OUTings or be confident in attending any other group OUTing anywhere in the world, as long as you have no excessive body hair or beard, forms or your own boobs, women's clothing, shoes, accessories, wig or your own appropriate length hair, some lipstick, and an appropriate purse. Please put some effort in to it so you look as best as you can. BEST AS YOU CAN does not mean supermodel. If you look better than I do in any one way, you will be fine. Two ways better and you qualify for the lead CDer hot chick of the group position.

It really is more about appropriate attire, confidence, posture, movement, and voice (which can be a whisper) than anything else.

It really took a lot of guts for me to expose myself like this. So please be kind, provide lots of appropriate praise for how beautiful I am. Also make comments like you see no issues of any kind, that certainly I am entitled to go OUT and be unnoticed, that in the right places and at the right times, as is the case for everyone, even supermodels (of which I am not one), that I too can "pass".

Get OUT! Have FUN! A bucket list should always be on clean paper because the previous list was all done!
    Billie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 07-03-2014 at 09:59 AM.

LMAOROF...Billie, you are amazing. I always knew you were an angel for all you have done to help other girls get out (myself included) but now it looks like you might have a career waiting in stand up. :-)
    Hugs, GF
    Sammie
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

A professional photo re-toucher? How deceitful. I'd probably go, eventually, but I think the walk to Grand Rapids from Ohio IN HEELS, would just be the end of my feet! Well, that and the fact that I couldn't pass even down in a 5 mile deep underground cavern, during a total eclipse, with a bunch of blind tour guides.

A message for all of us - what a fun read, you go girl.......................................Debra

Quote Originally Posted by Desirae View Post
    ...but I think the walk to Grand Rapids from Ohio IN HEELS, would just be the end of my feet! ...
    Oh, c'mon! Read the other posts here today about the girls in heels. It should be a piece of cakewalk!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Come on... We've seen photos of you posted by others so we know for sure that they can't be retouched... and you look nothing less than gorgeous in those posts as well...

If I ever get back to the States then Grand Rapids will be on my itinerary and bucket list for sure, Billie...

That is a post full of humility, humour and inspiration....

And while that photo might not be one of your best (and goodness knows we've all had those moments...) I'd venture to say there's a touch of Lauren Hutton in that look....? (I think it's the teeth... )

Cool post Billie - and forthright and genuine advice...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sounds great Billie Ann, now could you convince the wife that I could do this and no one would care. Love your style

One of the things I always appreciated about group outings was that I didn't have to look perfect. We were all there because we were the same in our spirits, we were all cross-dressers. When out and about, the other people would look out for you and for everyone. The whole point was having fun and being together. No one expected anything of anyone.

For the closeted ones, there is a delusion that those of us who get out must be some special breed of male that looks like a perfect and beautiful female. We don't. Yes, we do our girly best and create good facsimiles, but there is a lot that still gives us away as males. The point is not to be a particularly beautiful woman to go out, it is to be confident that you are who you intend to be no matter how you look. And, it helps to be something like other women around you style-wise - no micro-minis or stiletto heels at the supermarket.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

My God! Billie,
    You are ugly as sin..

Who would even want to wonder whether you are a boy or girl.

I do think you still look like a girl and will pass.
    You may be passed by too but who cares.

Again, go for it. Show the no sayers a thing or two.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Billie, I'm so glad you're here with the rest of us. Love you girl!
    Stephanie

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    HA! Billie, you just seem to have a helluva good time ... if my travels ever take me up to Michigan, I'm going to have to hang out with you girls

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    great post......and so true...i hope some gals take note and head out...im tired of hearing excuses too

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm tired of excuses too.Lord knows I look like poo on a stick compared to others on here but it doesn't stop me from going out.
    I can guarantee if you go to a meeting there will be somebody that looks worse than you do.LOL