Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gender issues

Hey everyone, sorry been away for a couple days but i'm back now .... thank you all so much for your advice, think i might have a lot to think about but i will definitely talk to someone about how i feel not sure if it will be my GF at first ( shes not the most understanding) and all of you will be pleased to know i have now signed my contract so soon i will be a Mechanic Apprentice!

Zoe x

That is wonderful, I am so glad that you did not allow the strange ideas about gender that many people have distract you from pursuing a career. There are very very few careers that are really gender specific (sperm donor certainly, male stripper maybe, can't think of any others, oh yeah surrogate mother). The rest are all the delusions of gender power plays. Also you did something really great. You recognized that your interest in exploring your gender was not what was important for you to concentrate on when you were thinking about how to make a living. Gender issues are very important but, thankfully, they are not so important that everything else in life has to be subsumed by them. Congratulations!

Well done Zoe! When you get your qualifications you can offer discounted prices to the girls in South East England. Could be a good side business.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Take a look at "Project Runway".. how many fashion designers are men?

No limits sweetie, your brain is your brain...which has nothing to do with your bits. If you feel like a female, then that is who you are.

Do what you are GOOD at, and don't make apologies or excuses for it. Have the courage to stand on your merits, gender (identity or otherwise) be damned.

I had to spend years 'untraining' my daughter from the helpless mindset my ex taught her. Now she is confident and fierce (I <3 my she-spawn!!) and scares off the 'traditional' guy. The 'traditional guy' doesn't deserve her.. she is a force of nature, and I'm insanely proud of that!!

You are ENTIRELY entitled to get grease under your nails while wearing Jimmy Choos. Did you fix it or not? Let your skills speak for you hon!!!

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder