Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telling your SO what you did during the day

Telling your SO what you did during the day

I'm just wondering what others say, with a knowing SO, and you have a day off and when they come home from work, and they say what did you do today? Do you say I dressed as a girl, I played dress up, I got my girl on today or something else along those lines? I'm just not sure what other significant others feel comfortable with. My wife asks and no matter what I tell her she says "oh", it feels awkward for me no matter what I say.

What would you expect her to say? Or rather, what could she say that would convince that she wasn't appalled by what you did that day?

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Now that my wife knows I like to dress as a woman I'll probably tell her when she asks.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Jepheia,

If my wife is at work and I dress, I'm out to her by the way, then I normally text her to say that I'm dressing or dressed. That way, she is fully aware of my situation when she comes through the door.

Before I was out, I got busted when she came home early one day, quiet as a mouse, to find me in her nightie and gown. Very nice they were too, but I've got my own now .

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

She is fully aware of Jepheia, it just feels awkward yet, I guess I still feel weird about it with my wife. We have awesome communication, but I grew up with a hard core manly father.

Banned Read only
    I'm a retiree with a working wife. When she comes home from a tough day I let her relax, check her personal email, and visit some discussion boards. I do tell what I did during the day: vacuumed, washed and dried towels and laundry; washed dishes; baked a banana bread; changed the bed linens. Of course i do not tell her Stephanie was in full femme mode; heels, hosier, bra, panty, slip, dress and wig. My wife knows I am a cross dresser. We're in a DADT. There's no reason to tell her Stephanie was out. What purpose would it serve? Of course, I would love to prepare and cook the evening meal and do the dishes en femme with a pat on my ass from her.

Not a part of my daily conversation really.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If she doesn't ask, I don't tell. If she asks, I say "I dressed up". She's rather indifferent about it.

Banned Read only
    I don't consider cross dressing "doing something." I'll bet if you cleaned the house, she'd appreciate it, dressed or not.

I actually do all the house work, dusting, dishes, laundry, mowing, but like I said I came from a traditional hard core father disaplinarian family so it still feels awkward, I guess I'm just wondering what term everyone uses with their SO?

I'd tell her that the maid (Christina) came by and did the dishes, vacuumed, etc.

My wife is in the know about my female side so that is not an issue. Still I think she would be REALLY surprised if I told her I was home alone and just got my girlie on for the halibut. Not that she wod cafe. I just get no real easier by just dressing around the house any more. I'm more of an outside girl. Like shopping or the movies or the theatre. The real only exception and why this is or how it a stRted I don't really know. But if I am painting g a room or pairing in general. I get out my painting outfit. That is my biggest forms. Tight see through burnout shirt denim micro mini and 4" heels to paint. Otherwise In the winter I may on occasion lounge around in a maxi skirt. WRm and comfy.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Read only
    Well, as for the term I use, i think it varies a lot. If I dress, I will be dressed when she comes home. I think if I tell her in advance, I'd say that,"I will be dressed when you get home."

Platinum Member
    Hi Jepheia, My wife pretty much knows what I'm doing that's why she will call me and
    tell me that she is on the way home so everything is cleaned up and put away.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member
    Some times my wife would tell me..."Go and put your bra on and do some laundry"
    I did and did the house work as well. She was partially disabled and could not walk around
    well; There fore I got the duties, and was able to dress as well.
    Rader

I love dressing and doing the house work. My wife loves it also as she is not retired and I am. I just say I dressed up today and cleaned the house no big thing with her or me any more. I don't tell her I took a hundred pictures and only liked two.....

I openly dress with my wife at home, but I can only dress when there's no chance the kids will be over.
    If I was home alone I would just say Jackie was here. Then show her all the pictures I took.
    Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a your life.

Facebook Page

Tell her you enjoyed a little personal time. Not to descriptive but she'll understand.

The emphasis should not be on dressing unless you are asked, just say you went shopping paid the bills and the fact that you did it dressed is probably apparent to her. Does your wife say she went down town in a skintight ski suit to buy cosmetics?

You can say you bought a nice top and if asked about it then expand on the information.
    Sometimes too much information destroys the moment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I just tell her what I did/am doing. How I dress is no matter to either of us anymore.

I tell her what I did during the day - it is almost always writing, grading, or housework (she can see what I wore - it is still on)
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 07-05-2014 at 10:31 AM.

If you did nothing but dressing up and staring at yourself in the mirror all day (or whatever your cross-dressing routine is), there probably is nothing you can say that's not going to disappoint your wife a little. You're not going to make it sound more productive with a few magic words.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jephia. When I do plan to dress and go out I normally tell my wife the day before as we have logistic issues (who takes what car) and who may be wearing what from our shared wardrobe . However, when she gets home she does ask how my day went and if I had any issues (rudeness) while out. I might talk about any interesting things that occurred (odd stares, rude comments, laughs or if the outing was non-eventful) but I don't go through a litany list of things I did start to finish.

Hugs

Isha

I'm your typical dude most of the time. Most answers from me take the form of a non-commital grunt. My dress-up days at home usually entail a photography session and my wife insists on seeing every photo so she's fully aware of what's going on. As for going out, I will tell her in advance that I will be going somewhere "in full gear" and that has been enough for her. I don't do anything that would hurt her or that she would disapprove of and she knows that so things aren't really complicated.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

I am retired and my wife still works, she knows all about me so if she asks what I did, I just say I got changed, no dramas.
    Where there is tea, there is hope.