Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I met a girl yesterday

Samantha - with slightly moist eyes, I have to say the world could do with more like you! Big cyberhug!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

10? More like a hundred! Especially the young ones.

Thanks for helping a sister out.

Sammie, I'm sure that your kindness meant a lot to her, and that was probably reflected in her demeanor. But her self-acceptance and confidence is a lesson we can all learn from, especially touching given her circumstances. Let's all hope that things will look up for her.

Thanks so much for sharing this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    10? More like a hundred! Especially the young ones.
    You are most likely right April. Human Rights Ordinances are so important in that discrimination can be deadly...Way too many T's kicked to the curb and living in refrigerator boxes,with their only real possessions being their hopes. Very sad in this day and age. Once a person slides down that slippery slope,it is nearly impossible to turn it all around..And a lot of that is due to discrimination and social constructs that a dehumanizing..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Platinum Member
    Hi Sammie, That's the kind of goodness that will come back to you many fold.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That was very nice of you .
    Sarah Michelle Collins

Started HRT with Spirotone on 05/18/2013 an Estradiol Valerate Injections on 06/14/13 an Progesterone injections on 12/29/2014

Way to go sammie ! U will be rewarded in time . Feels good to help someone in need U go girl. HUGS DONNA1391

You are just as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside Sammy. I hope this girl is able to find a better life in time. Given her situation it warms my heart to see her in such good spirits for what you did for her. Some people would call me crazy but I couldn't tell you how many times I have picked up hitch hikers and given them a ride and offered them money or food to help them out. Surprisingly most of them don't take the money. Your story reminds me of a lady in particular I helped when I was in colcollege. Me and my friends would see her from time to time sleeping in the library. My friends would always joke about her to each other. I never said nothing though. I wish I would have spoken up for her at the time but remained silent. One morning after pulling an all nighter at the library, me and one of my friends went to burger king around 4am before our exam. I saw this same lady sleeping at a table while we were eating. We had both seen her before of course many times. After eating I went up to her and offered to buy her something to eat. I told her to get whatever she wanted to eat and I would buy it for her. All she wanted were some cheesy tots. I insisted she get more but that was all she would take. After I bought her food she was in tears crying and thanking me. It felt so good to help make her day. My friend didn't mention anything about it but I hope it lit a fire in him of how much of a difference you can make to a stranger in need. Then after leaving burger king we ran into a guy who needed a ride which I gave a ride without hesitation. I think my friend might have been a little worried though. Made my day to help not one but two people in the same day.

If you do keep in touch with the young girl I would be glad to help in any way that I can. Just message
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Genie, We know each other. Saw you at Legends a few weeks ago and the rock club. You will remember me and nikki. I was a big member her a few years ago, I just joined again. I need some more posts before I do my profile.

Sorry in advance Sam. Not trying to mess up your thread.

Hey Jolynn and yes I remember you and your wife very well. When you get enough posts send me a friend request. Would love to hang out with you two again in the future. Just ring me on here or send me a text if you two want to get together and do something. Unfortunately I can't go "out" Friday or Saturday since some sorority sisters will be spending the weekend....Sunday possibly if I have time. Take care.
    Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynn Harrison View Post
    Genie, We know each other. Saw you at Legends a few weeks ago and the rock club. You will remember me and nikki. I was a big member her a few years ago, I just joined again. I need some more posts before I do my profile.
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Hi Samantha,
    Thank you for the story, as so many others have said it is easy to lose perspective and forget all the blessings we have. Thank you also for your kindness.

You are the modern equivalent of the Good Samaritan. It takes a lot of moral strength and determination to help a stranger like you did. Thank you for your great kindness toward this woman.

Sammie, Good for you, and sacrificing for this person who is in dire straits. In the Seattle area, i ran across many homeless, when i was there, took a few in, one for most of a year. She was not a TGTS though, but had grew up in a station wagon and tent, father addicted gambler, abusive. She had always been homeless as adult. So much need for love and help, hidden among so much prosperity.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 07-19-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Small acts of kindness will save us! And this was not so small an act, but a significant contribution of time and help. Thank you Samantha for listening to your heart and conscience to help another. And for lending perspective to the blessings we so often take for granted.

Way to go girlfriend. Helping out in the bid D, one girl at a time.....

It makes me mindful of the blessings that I have....

Thanks for sharing....

Renne......

Banned Read only
    S.R.-

Thanks for the story. Sometimes we wonder why we happen to be in a particular place at a particular time, but sometimes we are reminded that we are exactly where we are supposed to be. Who knows? Your assistance at a critical time may prove to be pivotal.

The other thing that comes to mind for me is this. There are some people that, regardless of how difficult their situation is, they refuse to be weighted down by that. And, it is not a suspension of reality. It is recognition of what they feel needs to happen and staying focused on that. It is a trait to be admired.