Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Me + CDing + Camera = Yuck

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    The first time I tried dressing fully--dress, heels, hair, makeup--I was horrified when I looked in the mirror. Jill
    Do not believe her! Jill would look great wearing a burlap bag.
    Last edited by Jorja; 07-05-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Cheers again everyone for the replies.I feel way better today.I will definitely have to take some more pics so I can get some semi decent ones of myself to post.
    Plucked her eyebrows on the way Shaved her legs and then he was a she
    Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side - Lou Reed

Most seem to be blaming poor photography, but maybe that's not it. Yes, in the photos (and videos even more so) you look different than in the mirror. Use the photos to identify where you need to improve, keep trying new looks, and learn from mistakes. There are many ways to improve the look: different wig style or color, beard cover, more/less/different makeup, blending, contouring, pucking/shaping eyebrows, etc. Finally: smile - it hepls. One more: practice (it's fun).

Hi Kate. Greetings from across the ditch. Don't be discouraged . I'm a compulsive photographer when I'm dressed and the majority of pics are discarded but I also have hundreds I've retained . Often (like just yesterday) I'll look in the mirror and be delighted with what I'm seeing and excitedly grab the camera. Then I might be so disappointed with the pics. Other times the opposite will happen and the photos will be much better than I expected. I also notice my refection will vary a lot with different mirrors and lighting. I always find natural indoor light produces more flattering pics than flash or direct sunlight.
    What you see in the mirror is a true image and if you look good, experiment with your photography until you get pics you like.
    Good luck
    Tracey

I just did the same thing and was feeling bad, took off the make up but not the dress, threw my sucker in the dirt. Then I go on line and see this post, I feel so much better. Thanks gurls

I agree with everyone else. Lighting makes a huge difference. Also, have the camera up high and point down.

GGs hate how they look in photos too. So it's normal. LOL. Don't feel bad.
    "Harmony must come from the heart... Harmony [is] very much based on trust. As soon as [we] use force, [it] creates fear. Fear and trust cannot go together." ~ Dalai Lama

Let's not ignore the fact that a lot of us actually are guys in a wig with makeup You know what makes a difference? Realistic expectations.

"Me + CDing + Camera = Yuck"
    Yeah, that's pretty much the most common experience. Forget the camera. cover the mirrors. Do yourself up, and limit the viewpoint to what your own eyes see. It's much more enjoyable that way. Don't waste money trying to find the magic CD camera that makes guys look good made up as girls. They just sold the last one.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I almost cried after taking my pics for the very first time several years ago. Before taking pics I thought I was cute, the camera said otherwise in a most brutal fashion that I was ugly, really needed laser hair removal to get rid of beard shadow, needed throw away almost all of my wardrobe, and needed to lose lots of weight (there is some truth to the saying the camera adds 10-15 pounds). If it's any consolation my feelings still get pummeled on a regular basis by the camera. Oh, and I did realize the angle of the camera, and positioning makes a big difference as well (why I always sit in pics). Consider picture taking trying to emulate a woman as a skill which takes a lot of trail and error.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

So here's a trick I discovered last year, it will take practice as there are a lot of flattering poses you can see on Pinterest. I take a movie of myself on my iPhone. I can clip the parts I don't need, than transfer to my PC and take snapshots of frames I like. It is amazing how you weed out the unflattering, of course there are times when it's a good shot but that tummy doesn't look flattering. But that's where Photoshop comes in.

Kate take a lot of pictures and also try photoshop to adjust your lighting and see what happens it is all trail and error mostly error
    but don't fret just take more pics

Leann
    PS still trying on mine same problem try try try more

Kate, I feel your pain. I only get dressed up and take pictures a couple times a month at best, and when I do, I literally discard 99% of the pictures I take. I could show you pictures I have taken that make me look like I am a gargoyle....The beauty of digital cameras is that you can take hundreds of pictures at no additional cost other than time. Get a decent digital camera with a flash, and a cheap tripod, takes lots of pictures and try different angles, poses, outfits and settings. After a while you will figure out what works for you. Everyone gets better with practice , and this goes double for applying make-up!
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

I agree with you and many of the ladies here... I'm super critical of my photos and like some of the other ladies said, angles and lighting. That's how I manage to get my most femme pics... otherwise, I feel like you sometimes... a dude with a wig and dress on.