Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Underdressing

I think I have taken the next step.... I only wear panties .. all the time.. most all my clothes are female be it shorts or jeans.. of course I have dresses too.. I wear my jeans or shorts wherever I go.. and the white shorts shows the panties right thru them.. I am comfortable being fem and I just do it..

Jules, I started out trucking as a logger and I can tell you, your grandfather didn't lie to you. It could get mighty cold in the woods and I wore sheer support pantyhose to help keep my feet and legs warm. And this was early 1980's and I'm sure they still wear them to stay warm to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwarbonnet View Post
    Amanda, Try these. Alll are OK in "boy" mode. I am a practical crossdresser; usually an underdresser, but it shouldn't matter if suitable atire comes from the women's department. Wearing clothes usually associated with the opposite sex rapidly becomes normal. However, items that could be spotted as women’s clothes when underdressing, such as a bra and nylons, is more of a challenge; but when there is no reaction from either men or women that invites one to wear only womenswear. I have found these items both acceptable and practical:

!) Pants: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on and straighten pants.

4) Bra: This is generally considered a female item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders.

5) Pantyhose: An MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and sheer pantyhose are OK and are more available. I actually prefer thigh highs as they are easier to put on, they do not need to be lowered to go to the bathroom, and only one leg needs to be deep-sixed when a run becomes apparent

6) Purse: One cannot usually keep a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in the small side pockets and lack of back pockets that are typical of women’s pants. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse, which can either be worn or secured in a basket when that is available.

All these are mass-market items in the women’s department.
    sfwarbonnet, what kind of purse do you mean? I have been trying to find one that could be unisex for several months. Any suggestions / pics would be helpful!! Thanks

HI everyone,
    my favorite has been bikini swim wear as it fits so much more comfy especially the bikini bra top I can always adjust this for fit a lot easier than a regular bra the only difficulty "busted" wise would be the neck strap that most have it is easy to use stuffers in them when wanted ,I have natural "A"cup so the stuffers help a bit but the best thing about underdressing is I can be dressed and standing next to ol prim and proper and she does not have a clue LOL all the while feeling great
    thanks phylis

i really love wearing panties..at work..everywhere...love painted toe nails..pink and sparkily! Wish I could wear a bra but it would show..my clothing is tight...weight lifter..too much muscle..I am amazed by how terrific you all look! I cant quite pull off the pass thing..go out in my yard with girl shorts and shirts but never farther...shaved legs are a must!! cant stand body hair.. would get rid of all of it if i could!

My vote is always for the feel of smooth thigh-highs and panties, even under the most masculine of attire (unless I'm going somewhere that I'll have to change/undress, of course.)

I always wear panties, thigh highs and a cami when I go out it feels great. I just wish I could do it 24/7

I like trying to see what shoes I can wear. I have several pairs of boots and Flats that don't draw too much attention.
    I have also started trying a couple of sandal styles as well.

Mostly people just don't notice.

-Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by JennaGirl View Post
    sfwarbonnet, what kind of purse do you mean? I have been trying to find one that could be unisex for several months. Any suggestions / pics would be helpful!! Thanks
    I started carrying a small purse to carry computer disks several years ago. I think it came from Walmart. Later I found it useful in general as the side pockets in women's pull-on pants are usually small and are also difficult to access when seated. I am visually-challenged and usually carry a portable CCTV, but the small purse is not big enough, so I got a small laptop carrier (sans laptop) which works fine and is unisex.

Underdressing keeps me balanced. I always wear panties and usually pantyhose, too. When I can, I wear topsiders with no socks (just nude pantyhose). And when I need to be a bit more formal, I wear opaque tights and no socks. In the winter, I'll sometimes wear a bra and maybe a cami. It's not the same as hitting the grocery store in a skirt, but it makes me feel better!

3 weeks now panties 24/7.
    Toes painted for last month and a half.
    Love the feeling, but like full Monty better.
    Char

Hi everyone
    I started this thread 2 months ago to get some understanding, from others here, around the fascination with underdressing. As I said in my original post underdressing is not something I usually do and that I like to keep 'guy' me separate from 'girl' me.
    Well in the past 2 months nothing has changed (how boring). I have given it a bit of a go but I have come to the firm realisation that with me its all or nothing.
    My girl me and guy me do not mix and match our wardrobes. I love dressing and becoming my female self but I also love being guy me.
    Whilst I can identify some character traits that spill over from girl to boy they are traits that only make me a better person. Being a woman makes me a better man, my balance is restored.
    Thank you to all who have posted and visited this post. I hope it continues and more people share their views about underdressing
    Luv
    Amanda

I've said it before, but not in a while.

I honestly don't see the point in under-dressing. If it cant be seen, however it feels on your skin, then why bother?
    The whole point for me is my appearance and behaviors.
    If I wore a bra and thong, but under jeans, t-shirt and a hoody, with no wig or make-up then I don't consider that I am crossdressing, I'm just wearing women's underwear under my clothes.

Just my 2c
    Samantha -x-

Smile, thanks for your opinions. I infer that to you crossdressing means that one must present themselves fully dressed as a female. This may be a goal, but presenting as a female 24/7 may not be possible due to employment and/or family considerations. An alternative to dressing fully, wearing makeup, and living as a female full-time is what I call practical crossdressing (see my post on 8/25) wherein clothes from the womens department are worn because they are comfortable and have a viable function for a male.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwarbonnet View Post
    Smile, thanks for your opinions. I infer that to you crossdressing means that one must present themselves fully dressed as a female. This may be a goal, but presenting as a female 24/7 may not be possible due to employment and/or family considerations. An alternative to dressing fully, wearing makeup, and living as a female full-time is what I call practical crossdressing (see my post on 8/25) wherein clothes from the womens department are worn because they are comfortable and have a viable function for a male.
    See, that registers in my brain as 'androgyny'. You're not presenting as a female, but you're wearing (for instance) boot cut womens jeans and a low cut top.
    The word 'crossdressing', with me at least conjures up my own female self image because I identify as a CD. Therefore, crossdressing, from my view point is about the overall appearance.
    Ie full makeup, wig, forms, underwear, dress, heels, nails, perfume, jewelery etc etc.
    Anything less than the full package and I just see the male side (in myself anyway)

I never mentioned 24/7, as I am not 24/7. I can do this once a week and stay perfectly sane LOL
    Samantha -x-

Amanda,
    There are days I just don't have time to go full e-fem (it takes forever to get total e fem) so I go under dressed. (have you spent hours getting e-fem only to realize you really dont have to go out after getting ready?). The desire to get out and feel like a women is too strong even if I am under-dressed. Instead of full e-fem I go to under dressed: minimal make-up, neutral lipstick, lip liner, women jeans (they are so comfortable), bra/forms, t-shirt, neutral shoes. Most time I go unnoticed and but enjoy the time being out experiencing the feeling of bra, bounce of forms, women, jeans, hose, etc. There are times when out in public when I show myself more (in the presence of women) than other times I am more discrete (around men) with the use of a cute unisex coat to cover breasts when needed if a bunch of guys are around. I am getting less concerned with time; I am now quite comfortable going out in jeans, white t, bra forms and navigating most store (have had and sun glasses in case that odd co-worker is in the same place). It happened one time in the city library. I turned the corner and me and this male co-worker almost bumped into each other. I was quick to cross my arm over my breast and grab my backpack to cover my other breast and excuse myself with some urgent need.

Panties 24x7.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    See, that registers in my brain as 'androgyny'. You're not presenting as a female, but you're wearing (for instance) boot cut womens jeans and a low cut top.
    The word 'crossdressing', with me at least conjures up my own female self image because I identify as a CD. Therefore, crossdressing, from my view point is about the overall appearance.
    Ie full makeup, wig, forms, underwear, dress, heels, nails, perfume, jewelery etc etc.
    Anything less than the full package and I just see the male side (in myself anyway)
    Smile, if impersonating a female, including outerware, intimates, breasts, make-up, wig, and accessories works for you in defining crossdressing, that’s certainly OK. However, I submit that presenting as a female is a narrower definition of crossdressing than most of us here would subscribe to.

I was curious, so I looked up “crossdressing” in Wikipedia. It seems that features other than clothing are indeed mentioned, but are not required. For those of us who cannot “pass”, or must present as a male in public, underdressing, wearing clothes that are traditionally associated with the opposite sex, is a viable option. In “thinking outside to box,” one can identify and wear women’s clothing that is suitable in “boy mode.”

I am lucky enough to wear my nylon panties every single day and when the weather is cooler I ad a nylon camisole under my t-shirts. When it get very cold outside I add stockings and a nylon pants liner under my jeans.. What a wonderful feeling it is to be reminded every step how lucky I am..

Dianne
    Your true frieds are folks that know how you are and like you anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnsheila View Post
    I wish I could paint my toe nails more often but I teach martial arts and that would really raise eyebrows with the students and other instructors.
    I challenge your shyness on that. I have literally been in this fight situation (wearing sandals):

Ok, my toes are pink and sparkly.. I also have 10 years of training and a garage full of trophies.

Which do *you* think matters more in the next few minutes?
    Seriously. Put those nails out there. It is a signal of strength, not of vulnerability.

<== Kung Fu. 10 years, 6 different open hand systems, 18 different weapons. Top 3 in every competition I have ever been in.

Nails? Seriously? Make them glow in the dark and dare someone to challenge you about that!

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 09-22-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I underdress as often as I can. I wish it was every day, but at my work that is not always possible or practical.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I agree on pantyhose in the winter under jeans or work pants.
    Underdressing is no big deal just wear what you want nobody is going to know or care for that matter.

I was out with some shooting sports buddies that are high testosterone types and while helping them work on a car one saw my lace trimmed pink satin panties as I bent over in the engine compartment.
    He gave me a funny look and said well you have the long hair to go with them.I said thanks now try to start your car I think I found the problem.
    That was the end of it nothing else has been said about it.
    I didn't act ashamed or scream out "I'm not Gay" and make a big deal out of it.
    If you don't act like its a big deal it wont be.
    What guy would admit to his buddies he was looking at your ass and panties?

Banned Read only
    Yes when I was working "underdressing" was my own little rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I agree on pantyhose in the winter under jeans or work pants.
    Underdressing is no big deal just wear what you want nobody is going to know or care for that matter.

I was out with some shooting sports buddies that are high testosterone types and while helping them work on a car one saw my lace trimmed pink satin panties as I bent over in the engine compartment.
    He gave me a funny look and said well you have the long hair to go with them.I said thanks now try to start your car I think I found the problem.
    That was the end of it nothing else has been said about it.
    I didn't act ashamed or scream out "I'm not Gay" and make a big deal out of it.
    If you don't act like its a big deal it wont be.
    What guy would admit to his buddies he was looking at your ass and panties?
    I'd suggest wearing a short slip to hide pantyhose and panty tops.

Really...when you think about this topic, how many of our SO's wear a dress or skirt on a daily basis? I know that my wife for one wouldn't wear a dress or a skirt if her life depended on it. She wears mostly blue jeans or "chinos" daily, but underneath she wears panties and a bra. Does this make her a CD? Of course not!

If we wear panties and a bra under our blue jeans and blouse (shirt), and nobody notices it, so be it.

For me it seems like it really shouldn't matter what we wear for underwear as long as we don't flaunt it or show it off intentionally. Look at the woman next to you...on the average, can you tell what she's under wearing? She's probably wearing something that's "comfortable" to her. That's what I do too!
    Last edited by Judy; 09-27-2014 at 06:20 AM.