Thread: Took a night off...depressed

Took a night off...depressed

Last night by the time the kids stopped throwing tantrums and went to sleep, I felt like my nerves were too ragged and my attitude too sour to enjoy myself so I guess I just sort of gave up. I probably would have enjoyed life a lot more had I dressed but I couldn't convince myself of that. So instead I just sat around watching tv and overeating I guess subconsciously wanting something to change the way that I felt. So as you can imagine, when the first tantrum started this morning at 6:30 I didn't feel like I had a lot of patience. I still don't. It's a beautiful morning here but I feel like I can't go enjoy it or accomplish anything. God forbid a person try to still live her/his life with kids. Maybe this isn't even the right forum...

Don't worry - you're in the right place... and I can empathise with the sitting around and overeating... it's bad and we know it, but it's comforting and sometimes it's hard to find the energy to do the right thing as you can feel that even when you do, life has a nasty habit of biting you in the jacksey however hard you try...

I've felt like that at times - for different reasons to you, probably, and you just have to work through the feelings - make small efforts to do things that you now you have a good chance of completing or succeeding at and build on incremental successes...

I'm reminded yet again of Winston Churchill's great advice: "If you're going through hell - keep going!"

Hope that helps you too - it does me..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    It has been said that children were made to be more beautiful when they sleep so the parent's won't kill them. My daughter was precious. Hey, it's OK to just take a CD breather. The mallase has hit most of us here at one time or another and occasionally, I just get a good night's sleep buck naked. You're hopelessly normal.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

When you are tired it is often better to chill out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.