Thread: July 3rd and 4th

July 3rd and 4th

Kinda had an interesting few days.

A young relative of my spouse has been wanting to move to L.A. for some time. On Sunday he called to say that he was arriving Tuesday!

Yep, he's going to be spending "a few days" at our house. With a busy few days of events and appointments already set this could have cause some real problems! So, just before supper Tuesday evening we sat him down and explained life in our home.

He took it all rather well and said, "No problem."

So bright and early Wednesday morning, with me in a flowery top and denim skirt, we started showing him around town by way of my en femme appointments.

First was a bone density scan at the medical center. They used to do them in the Women's Center but have moved them over to radiology. My paperwork still is in my male name but with Barbara listed as an AKA, so, when I check in at reception I always just quietly say, "I prefer Barbara," and it seems to work just fine.

The tech is a lovely woman. When I came in the room she said, "Your skirt has metal buttons, so you'll have to change into a gown." She left me for a few minutes while I changed and then proceeded with the test.

As we were arriving and leaving the medical center we ran into several of the personnel from other departments, all of whom always greet me, "Hi Barbara!" What a wonderful feeling!

From there it was a straight shot to my next appointment, eyebrow and forearm waxing. My spouse ran another errand with our guest while I went in to the salon. Again, it is all smiles and "Hi Barbara!" My spouse and our guest were back and waiting in the car when I finished.

From there we went south to Ventura Boulevard, the "main street" of the San Fernando Valley, and had lunch at Mulberry's Pizza, near my next appointment, a shot of facial laser.

I started going to this particular laser center for a touch-up because of a coupon offering on Groupon. It was only after I'd made the purchase that I noticed the fine print on the coupon, "Women only," since the center has a price for women and a higher price for men.

"Oh well," I thought to myself, "we'll just see what happens."

They accepted my coupon and never questioned me and this visit was my third session. I was just having my upper lip done but when the tech, a very nice woman, finished she said, "Would you like me to do your chin? It's only $10."

"Sure!" I said. I was particularly pleased since $10 is the "women's" price, the men's one being $20.

Whirlwind appointments finished we all went home to relax, and, later, had dinner with my son.

On the 4th we went to fireworks. We arrived about 4 p.m. in order to get a good spot and "camped" there for the rest of the afternoon. I guess I was a bit flamboyant, but didn't seem out of place.

I knew that one of my friends was going to be there so I texted her and she came over to where we were. A big hug between us and a "Hi Barbara" and a chat.

The fireworks were great!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 07-06-2014 at 01:35 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

It's so nice that you managed to get so much done in so little time, and have a great time in the bargain.

I wouldn't worry about gender and the laser place, they want your business and you both "walk and quack like a duck!"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi Persephone,

Great couple of days. Especially cool that your visitor was so OK with things -- so far I haven't presented as female when we have house guests, but down the road....
    So now there is another reason to be Out and About -- I wonder if there are other places where women get a price break?

Hugs,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

You had such a great fourth. All I did was sit at home and watch the New York fireworks. Yours sounded way more fun. Wow on your busy schedule. I couldn't keep up with that Barbara.

Platinum Member
    You're such a busy lady! Glad you and your spouses chose to explain your lives to her young relative.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Barbara,
    Those are interesting times you are having.
    They seem to be more frequent too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.