Thread: Wasn't what I expected. But still got out and enjoyed myself

Wasn't what I expected. But still got out and enjoyed myself

First gay pride event not what I was expecting. Oh my gawd. I couldn't believe the crowd. I found where I wanted to go out after an hour search for a parking spot. Then decided to find a hotel I could afford for the night. which took another hour. Showered dressed and headed out. Again looking for a parking spot. finally about 11 o'clock I find on a couple blocks away. Walk to Neighbors and couldn't even get into the door. Went around to a few more and they was so busy couldn't make it to the bar to order a drink. By now I have a blister on my foot. Decide to go back to the car and I can't find it. Luckily someone got out of a cab across the street from me cause I couldn't walk anymore with the blisters on my feet. Raining I took off my heels and ran for the cab to help look for my car. finally found it, I turned the wrong way on 12th. and pine. So I went to the store got my first beer and went to the hotel to drink it.

Saturday was a little better went to the park and watched the rugby match and listened to stories and someone making soap balloons. Then walked down pine where a lot of venders was. But then decided to just go to Auburn and get a cheaper hotel cause that's where the concert I was going to see was. Got up late and missed the parade so just went to play golf and wait for the concert.

But Amanda had a fun time out and can't wait to go up there again when it's not so busy.

Quite the ordeal, but I'm glad you found a way to have a good time.
    There are two cardinal rules about pride events in larger cities.
    -There are no parking spots.
    -There are no hotel rooms.
    Also, be prepared to walk a long way. When I first went to Toronto pride many years ago, I wore body padding, forms, wig the whole nine yards. I just about died of the heat, and my feet were going to abandon me in protest, in their high heeled pumps. Good Pridewear- sneakers, or ballets, bare legs, a skirt or shorts, and a tank top. It's a party, not a fashion show.
    Don't let some small things effect enjoying pride. Go next year, forewarned, and forearmed, and party as was the intention of the event.

Hey, since you brought it up. I always wondered, never having been to one. Are there actually a lot of CD girls at these gay pride events? Or are they more oriented for the non-CD gay/lesbian crowd? What is generally folks reaction as they encounter a CD girl like yourself?

As a veteran of thirty or forty pride events- First off- It hasn't been called Gay Pride for years. it's just pride, and celebrates diversity, into which a CD fits.
    At the trans march this year there wear hundreds of CD's from guys with beards in dresses to drag queens. Don't worry about fitting in because the whole point of Pride is that you DO fit in, no matter what your identity.
    When the revelers encounter a CD? Welcome...the more the merrier!!

Glad it all ended up being a fun time out Amanda. Sounded like the first part might have had you wondering what the heck have I gotten into.... Lol been there done that but not at a gay pride event....

Looked like a whole mix of people there. Didn't see many CDers. But seen gay and straight people just wondering around checking things out. I forgot to pack my black flats and had to wear my 3 inch heels sandals. The next day I was happy to find a Value Village and bought me some flats. Not to mention 2 new dresses I seen. I was dressed in just a simple top and slacks but nobody paid any attention turned and laughed or pointed. It was a fun weekend and can't wait to do it again. Just a little more prepared.

I remember my plans all going astray a few years ago, big crowds and not the type of organization I expected.
    I just stayed on the sidelines.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sidelines is the place I should of stayed. By the 2nd day my feet forgave me and we became friends again.