I don't post much, so a quick update as so much has been happening over the last three months: I found a gender therapist, got a job and started saving up money. I'm also drug free for the longest time in few years which has been a big deal for me! My therapist wants to see me for a few more weeks (her policy) and then she'll write me the letter and I'll be able to start HRT. I plan on getting as much facial hair taken care of as I can afford starting around then. So everything seems to be falling into place.

Fortunately my parents are pretty liberal, especially about gay rights since we have close gay relatives, but I've never heard them speak a word about transsexualism. I planned to tell them right before I go full time and when I have more of a financial standing for myself. The problem is I'll be going back to school in a few months and I'm afraid I'll be outed too soon. I keep wondering if changes to my appearance, subtle as they may be, will stand out more since I'll be away for a while before coming back and prompt questions. I haven't talked to my therapist directly about telling my parents yet but she doesn't seem to condone it and didn't at all share my fears about being able to remain in the closet.

Also recently my mom cleaned out my bathroom counter and found women's razors and some other feminine products hidden back there. What really surprised me is she just put them up in the drawer they were behind without saying anything to me and casually mentioned later that "my things were organized now". Even later she jokingly mentioned that I should get waxed instead of shaving which felt odd to say the least. I'm probably thinking too much into this because it's not like they'd see hair removal and jump straight to transsexual, or hell even crossdresser but it can't be a bad thing... though I am quite annoyed that she invaded my privacy like that at my age (20).

So do you think I'm just being paranoid or what? Think I should make anything of my mom's nonchalant reaction to finding my things?