Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enough is enough... time for a change

Good luck to you MzVanessa!!!

I got fed up with myself this past spring and actually decided to lose weight for the girl in me. I had ballooned to a very heavy 188 lbs. and on my 5'10" frame, I was just plain fat (that is the fat me in my avatar)! It is so true the nothing tastes as good as sexy feels... I really like that idea! Could be a motto for us Adriana!

Lack of exercise and a lazy mans diet was my biggest problem (OK my sweet tooth probably didn't help either...). What everybody mentioned is true, less sugar more water and the biggest thing, exercise (lest's be honest.. the only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in). I found that just replacing what I was drinking with water was a big help. One other thing I found helpful was finding a substitute for desired foods, I have a sweet tooth and would always cheat with sweets, so I started eating Greek yogurt instead of cookies or ice cream. Besides watching what I eat I added walking 3-4 miles a day since the end of March (and you can walk while dressed). I'm down to 150 lbs. now. I'm to the point where the pounds are harder to lose now, but I'd really like to get down to less that 145.

Best of luck to you and everyone else that is trying to keep in shape... I wonder how many of us work at this, just for the CD in us?

I went to a nutritional class for a while. There are some proven strategies to losing weight aside from the known "diet and exercise". Tracking your diet and physical activity is very helpful, and support of others is also very helpful. If I could offer one bit of advise, it is use "My Fitness Pal" It is an app on Android, probably Iphone, and also a web site. It allows you to input your food intake including scanning bar codes that already have the nutritional information. It allows you to enter and track your weight. It allows you to enter exercise so you know how much you are burning. It allows you to enter physical measurements in addition to weight so you can track your measurement changes. It also allows you to link others with your account so you can help each other. If you eat the wrong things your friend can contact you in your time of weakness and ask you "what the heck"? If you have a fem email account you could always use that to log into your app / web site and get together with others here so you can keep each other on the right track, we all shoot for one dress size smaller at some point in our lives.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Losing weight and keeping to your new lower weight is very difficult. I lost 50 pounds a few years ago using the heart disease diet which I suggest you avoid. I regained 25 of those pounds but stayed there. I could be a few pounds lighter but not much more. since I really do start looking cadaverous. I have really spent a lot of time trying to understand why people are, in general, so fat these days and how to avoid it. Here are a few tips for getting to and staying at your proper weight:

Never eat any processed food.

Eat out as little as possible. Try to only eat the food you prepare.

Never drink soda or other drinks with added sugars.

Never eat anything advertised on tv or elsewhere.

Eat mostly vegetables, raw, steamed, pickled, grilled, roasted and sometimes stir fried in coconut fat.

Eat meat and fish as a condiment. Small amounts for taste. Eat eggs often. Eat the whole egg.

Try to avoid anything that declares it is low fat. This usually means it is high sugar, which is probably worse than fat.

Eat nuts, at least a handful or two a day.

Exercise moderately three to five hours a week. Walking is the best exercise. If you go to the gym go no more than twice a week and walk the other days.

You can have a couple of drinks a day if you want but do not binge. Be consistent. Avoid beer if you can. Try to avoid all diets. Real success in achieving your ideal weight comes from eating what your body needs, that is whole foods, prepared for tastiness, that you enjoy eating.

Food preferences are all learned behaviors. You can fairly easily retrain your tastes.

Be kind and tolerant to yourself. Losing weight is not a stick with which to beat yourself.

Good luck. Enjoy the journey!
    Last edited by devida; 07-08-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Vanessa, That's how I control my weight when my favorite pencil skirt starts
    getting tight I have to change the program for a couple weeks.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Careful I bite <3
    I've got some to lose too. I around 30 lbs already, but I want to get rid of my love handles in particular.

I'm working on getting to under 180lbs from 200, with an absolute floor of about 160lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Badwolf View Post
    I've got some to lose too. I around 30 lbs already, but I want to get rid of my love handles in particular.

I'm working on getting to under 180lbs from 200, with an absolute floor of about 160lbs.
    At one point in my life, my SO got me down to 120 in hopes of getting rid of mine; pretty thin on a 5'9" frame. No such thing happened, it just made them stick out more. You may have to go to liposuction or similar and I've made it a rule not to undergo surgery unless it's the best chance of curing something life-threatening (before I get jumped on, let me say that that includes transformation surgery). Hospitals and surgery can be very dangerous.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Eventually I wouldn't mind also getting to 160-165 Badwolf. I'm only 5'6 but I'm a little muscular so less than 160 for me and I start to look pretty unhealthy.

Ok... so it is Friday and my progress for the week, since I started this on Sunday, is I have lost 6 lbs. I'm pretty sure about 4 lbs is mostly water weight considering I had quite a few beers and lots of BBQ the Friday and Saturday before. I feel a whole lot better than I did Sunday morning and am even more motivated to keep going and work even hard. I haven't exactly been living a spartan lifestyle this week either. For example Wednesday night I went to Chilis for happy hour and had two beers and an order of boneless wings. Last night I had a double double and half order of fries from In n Out. I am just playing the calories game and creating a good enough deficit to shed weight. I would like to motivate others who have mentioned the want to lose a few lbs too so come on gals... let's do this together... it's not that hard. Here's an example of my meals and exercise yesterday....

I assume since I have a job where I move around a fair amount and do not sit in a chair all day I burn around 2600 calories on a work day. I also went to the gym after work and burned off about 700 calories in about an hour using a combination of jogging 2 miles, elliptical for 20 mins, and stairclimber for 15 mins. So thats a caloric burn of around 3300 for the day. Here are my meals.

A couple of cups of coffee with a bit of sugar early in the morning... 100 calories

6" Egg white breakfast sandwich for breakfast, no cheese or sauce... 400

Half Grilled chicken lunch with small portion of rice... 800

In n Out Dinner... 900

So that's a total of 2300 calories consumed. So from the 3300 I burned subtracting the 2300 consumed that's a 1000 calorie deficit for the day... not starving myself at all. Now if I had not gone to the gym after work and maybe had just gone on a walk I probably would have skipped the In n Out and had a healthier dinner. I hope to have a deficit of between 7000-1000 per day so in the following weeks I will continue to lose between 1.5-2 lbs a week, hopefully. Come on girls... its actually not that hard if you have a plan and stay somewhat disciplined. Let's do it together

Careful I bite <3
    MzVanessa: I'm a bit taller than that, and that's why 160 is my absolute floor. I'm still figuring out exactly where I want to be in-between.

donnalee: As for the love handles, I'm still trying for the first time and as you know, these things are different for different people. Mine aren't huge but they create some issues for my silhouette under most clothes since it just makes the lack of hips stand out.

I have had some success with the Green Coffee Been. In combination with Reducing my sugar intake and my wife is on a gluten free diet now. I have lost 25 lbs since last October and I have not even started working out regularly. (I Hate Running... maybe it's men's running outfits )

Careful I bite <3
    Running is what got me down from about 230lbs.

Then my knees gave me some issues, and I got a lot busier. I've been relying on diet since then and I've yo-yoed a bit from 180-200 or so.

Now that I have more free time I'm doing some quick workouts at home inconsistently but I'm hoping to ramp that up a bit after a trip I'm taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrianna View Post
    I have had some success with the Green Coffee Been. In combination with Reducing my sugar intake and my wife is on a gluten free diet now. I have lost 25 lbs since last October and I have not even started working out regularly. (I Hate Running... maybe it's men's running outfits )

Quote Originally Posted by Badwolf View Post
    Running is what got me down from about 230lbs.

Then my knees gave me some issues, and I got a lot busier. I've been relying on diet since then and I've yo-yoed a bit from 180-200 or so.

Now that I have more free time I'm doing some quick workouts at home inconsistently but I'm hoping to ramp that up a bit after a trip I'm taking.
    I have applied for a job that will require me to be in better shape physically...I dred it but i willl have to start running soon...Any tips on footwear???

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I am going to add this here..it was from an older post called (Health & Wellness) it is my insane workout & diet routine. It was an interesting thread, but it never gained legs, hope this motivates some of you.
    My Daily Routine ( Keep in Mind I Work Only Fri-Sat Nights)

Wakeup ,Run 6 miles
    Do a few laps in the pool...maybe 20-30..sit in the hot tub 10 mins
    WALK...from the gym home...
    Have a smoothie for breakfast organic blueberries, strawberries, rasberries...
    Nibble on radishes,brocolli,cauliflower,and grape tomatoes for a snack later in the day..
    Dinner is usually some sort of taco ( no..not from taco bell)..homemade,organic as i can make them no meat ( except shrimp or fish or just plain veggies) lettuce and mango salsa..some hot sauce..
    Go for a walk..take a nap
    Do some design work,whatever else i need to get done
    DO yoga or stretching...also an INSANE ab workout , not to build the core, but the sides...
    Bed...
    no beer,burgers,pizza fast food...nothing....now when i look at fast food commercials i get sick. Last time I ate bacon..I got sick... If there is a commercial for it on TV, you probably shouldnt eat it. Funny how you never see commercials for vegetables,fruit and.....

Water...water...and MORE water

Once or twice a week I will have chicken...but not greasy fried junk. diet is like 70%...cardio is the other 30...

and when it comes to workouts...if you workout like a man, you will look like one... leave the arms alone...cardio, yoga, stretching,all those kinda things, i also try to do a ton of ballerina stretches,and back stretches...start stretching out that back on a yoga mat and see how femme you feel...

its easy to be lazy...its harder to be and stay motivated...make a playlist of your favorite girly songs...and run....sore is the new sexy...and nothing tastes as good as sexy feels. "

Beer?? beer is awesome...but I will have a good beer on a special occasion as a treat , ..if i wanna catch a buzz and knock back a few I stay LOW calorie...vodka,seltzer,lemon...very low calorie. Good Luck Girls !!!

Funny this is my shopping list from this morning.

1. Blueberries
    2. Strawberries
    3. Rasberries
    4. Avacadoes
    5. Corn Tortillas
    6. Salsa
    7. Green Tea
    8. Lemons
    9. Radishes
    10. Brocolli
    11. Grape Tomatoes
    12. Cauliflower
    13. Bagged fresh Lettuce
    14. Small flour tortillas
    15. Frozen Shrimp

Did I mention water ??
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 07-11-2014 at 05:12 PM.

My knees are shot to hell, so much exercise is pretty much out of the question. So, I'm on the atkins kick. NO CARBS. None. four weeks, six pounds down. Eating as much as I want. Omelet and sausage for breakfast. Chicken, ribs burger or steak (a teaspoon of steak sauce, if any) for lunch. Same for dinner. I'm using McCormick's spices on the meats, they have a nice selection of varied salt/pepper/spice shakers in the spice section. As I'm in the older category, I keep up my intestinal motility with psyllium fiber capsules, I take two in the morning and two with dinner, and make sure I drink plenty of water. So far, it's working just fine.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.