Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone just do CDing for themselves

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    dont we all??? we all started out deep in a closet, just doing it for ourselves with nobody looking or judging just having fun and exploring , not much has changed i guess, we just kept improving and learning. As we continue that approval may play a roll, but a small one, more as an inspirational boost for the effort put into the presentation..

Of course it's possible, but what is possible for many should not be a generalization that it is possible for all.

If an SO has concerns, then the SO and CDer need to be honest with each other and not rely on possibilities.
    DonnaT

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean
    Is it possible that a CDer may just dress and go OUT for their own satisfaction?
    Yes. I do exactly that. You have hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head, my dear…

I find that I dress for the pure pleasure and sexual buzz of seeing myself in lovely feminine clothes with makeup and hair in good order.
    At the same time I would really enjoy being looked at and given approving glances.
    I feel the same way when dressed in drab and I like to make sure that I am dressed well and neatly with good looking shoes that are well polished. i really dislike the "dress casual" movement in the workplace as to me it looks like "dress sloppily and crudely". My Mother always looked great when she stepped out of her front door and for her it was an issue of self respect as well as pride in herself.
    I well remember a beautiful woman friend who was dressed very well and you could almost see the enjoyment in her face and movements. She knew that she was attracting admiring glances and it was giving her great pleasure.

Aspiring Member
    Like most of the ladies here I dress for myself and if I could pass as a woman I would certainly go out as one. I would like to shop as a woman and to enjoy myself out and about as a woman. The closest I can come to that is to be under-dressed as a woman. I would like to find an understanding woman and to have a lesbian affair with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasia View Post
    Of course!
    CD does not mean TS. CD means that a person loves to dress as the opposite gender, but it does not mean that he/she is a transsexual.
    I for one, do it just because I need it. Need to feel a nylon on my legs, skirt moving around my knees, sun on the shoulders with thin straps, clicks of heels... And if some guy try compliment me - he is risking to get a broken nose... Passing for me is just a freedom to walk in peace.
    Maybe crossdressing was sexual for me (when I was a teenager) but now it just a very comfortable clothes which for some reason, I do not fully understand, are considered to be wrong for me.
    Wasia, I'm not understanding why the implication of violence. This really bothers me. If a woman or even another CD complimented you, would they too be risking the same violent act? I don't see the need for possible violence because of a positive experience. Even if a guy tried hitting on you. (tried to pick you up).

hi there
    I've only ever been out ,as dressing up (halloweenie type but still very ladylike and not cheap

I've never tried to attract men i do it for myself ,but i do try to fit in with the girls and when out hang around the girls mostly

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    If you dress to impress others, you are doing it wrong
    I'm with HER.
    I dress to please myself and how it makes ME feel.

I only dress for myself. I love the feeling that get when I have my bra and forms on (I like them big) my heels and a tight top. I will not pass and I really dont try, this is me time. Sure I would love to to try a full make over but I enjoy my little piece of femamenity when I can
    ​Jamey

Must be for myself, because the few that know, don't approve.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Billie,
    You've pretty much described my situation too. I know that I don't 'pass' even moderate scrutiny - for me 'passing' effectively consists of confusing folks into thinking that this person might be female for a few seconds longer than their attention span! That way they don't reach for the proverbial pitch fork! I do the best that I can with makeup etc for my own pleasure and satisfaction rather than to please / attract anyone (haven't the slightest interest in men). However, it is rather gratifying when a GG who has looked long enough to realise that I'm a cross dresser (that doesn't take long) compliments me on makeup / outfit / whatever (or I get a compliment regarding an un-touched-up photo).

I CD ust for myself and my own satisfaction.
    If I go to parties, there is a little theatre involved but in the end any success is self satisfying.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Just for myself!

When I go to costume parties dressed as a woman, most of the time I am passable. Especially looks and voice. Mannerisms, still a little shaky.

But when I pull it off I feel so good.

But basically I do it for myself.

Careful I bite <3
    You've heard plenty of people confirm your thoughts, but especially in terms of sexuality, sexuality and sexual expression aren't always going to overlap in such a way that just because a male presents as female, its to date males.

This means that both TS and CDers are very possibly going to follow homo-sexual norms to what their sexual expression is at the time. The opposite is true, that just because they identify as a CD and not a TS they might still be interested in men, or even presenting as female is at all required to be interested in men.