Thread: Did one of you prance through Baltimore's main mall (Townson Centre) last Saturday?

Did one of you prance through Baltimore's main mall (Townson Centre) last Saturday?

I spotted a platinum-blond-wigged CD-er stumbling on high-heels in my city's main shopping mall, looking great in tasteful clothes and makeup, proudly walking down the main aisle and I wondered if I should approach her and thank her for being so brave. I didn't because I thought she might not want attention.

Whoever you are, thanks for venturing out on the weekends in the busiest shopping mall in the city and helping get people used to alternative lifestyles!

How can you be sure that it was a CDer?

Generally we do not approach people we think to be sisters in public unless we address and treat them exactly the same way we would a GG.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

i never pranced through to or from anything. I also don't care for stumbling. So, not me. There are way more trans* people of all types out and about all over the place - you just don't always know it.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Platinum Member
    Hi Jessica, You are libel to see anything at the Towson Town Mall, It's just fun to set and watch the people walking by.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    If she was on roller skates and walking a penguin it was me. I had some free time.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

That's why we need the secret handshake to know who is and who's not. .... Lol really I don't think you should approach them other than call them mam or acknowledge they pass by treating them like a lady.

Well, we are the most secret secret society, to the point where we don't even acknowledge membership to each other!

When I'm out and about my mental state is that I'm part of mainstream society. Going out isn't a joke to me or a lark, but an expression of who I am. Having someone approach me, even with the best intentions, who asserts that I am not a part of the mainstream would be jarring.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

So. Was she
    A. Walking
    B. Prancing
    C. Stumbling
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Platinum Member
    Well, I don't prance and with rare exceptions don't stumble in heels, and I live in Houston, and dishwater blonde would describe my hair. Guess it wasn't me.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    So. Was she
    A. Walking
    B. Prancing
    C. Stumbling
    I guess stumbling and occasionally walking (she had 3 inch heels that were pencil-thin... much braver than I to attempt that). I mentioned prancing because she also seemed very confident and proud (again, much braver than I).

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn
    When I'm out and about my mental state is that I'm part of mainstream society. Going out isn't a joke to me or a lark, but an expression of who I am. Having someone approach me, even with the best intentions, who asserts that I am not a part of the mainstream would be jarring.
    I agree, which is why I didn't acknowledge her, just looked down and ignored her like all strangers do walking through a mall. Still, part of me thinks if I were brave enough to venture in public, I might not mind a discrete thumbs-up from a fellow member. I don't know. I guess I was filled with happiness that she was able to do it without points and stares and that gives me huge confidence toward going out myself.

Jessica,
    It wasn't me but I would have complimented her on her cute shoes!

Hugs, Connie Marie

If you find out who she is let me know. I'd love to learn how to prance through a Mall (or anywhere really).
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Jessica,
    She has probably read this and is running a mile the other way in her shoes.

As you can see it was none of us.

On a serious note it is not the best idea to walk up and say you're busted.

It might really be a platinum blonde sex bomb.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Careful I bite <3
    Wasn't me, but I'm glad she's inspiring!