Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So here is a question for you...

For what its worth, Dr. Laura Schlesinger, wh o i disagree with about a third of the time, says one year, after the divorce is final, to date again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    Hell-o Stephanie, Its still hurting, of course, 5 months isn't a very long time.
    Wanting to move on is great, but friendships/companionship are long term relationships.
    Don't worry being the dishonest person some here would make you think you are, IMO if you don't
    reveal at the get go, no big deal. Let your new friend meet YOU! Reveals can come later if things get serious.
    Sorry it's so difficult, but If it were easy, everyone would do it!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I agree. If love is blind and all of that cliche stuff, not telling them about it upfront is OK. As someone that likely doesn't want to announce that kind of stuff in the dating scene because many people could use that as a means to troll you or worse, it's natural to not lay out all the cards at once. Likely, they should feel privileged that you opened up to them and trust them enough for this secret. I bet they would even understand why you waited to tell them. I wouldn't wait too long though, honesty and trust are the signs of any good relationship.
    Last edited by Nadya; 07-09-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I was never married...but it took me a year..at least to get over a gal i dated for 2 years...so i could imagine it taking some time...maybe not as long as a year..but some time...in the meantime though as cliche as it sounds..focus, on you...enjoy you, spoil you..take care of you...you now have all the freedom in the world...get comfortable standing alone and on your own two feet...be happy with you. Maybe make some cd friends, go out with them to dinner, or groups etc...have fun with your new freedom. Enjoy it.

South Africa, where the lions walk the streets ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa_59 View Post
    You're sifting the sands for diamonds, remember? You want a real diamond and not just another cat dropping that someone buried.

~Mel
    I hope this doesnt imply that the ggs that dont support or prefer it, are seen as catdroppings... my husband knows well where I stand, and even though I might not be the brightest blue diamond found, I get the idea that he still sees me as a diamond of some degree...

Dont want to sound oversensitive, but was just wondering...
    Got overwhelmed by the BLUE Fog....

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    So why the heck do I feel guilty? I mean it’s been 5 months since the separation and the divorce is already final. It’s still hurting but I know I have to move on. deceiving. Although I know if I put the CD part of me in the profile then I might as well put that I was a leper. ( No offense meant to any lepers. Just an analogy). Why is life as a CD so darn difficult ( O.K., So that’s really two questions )
    You need a "wake up slap" my friend! 5 months after 40 years amounts to about a minute and a half of life... Back in the day when you were a "prolific poster" here,you spilled a lot. You have had a lifetime of GD,why be in denial? After all,you were the head of your local TRIESS [?] group for years,went out and about as you pleased,etc..So Stephanie is a big part of you,and so why deny it? YOU ARE A GREAT CATCH!!! and you really do know that under your bruised ego. You are busy with your business,and so why waste time in finding female friends from the internet..Better to post a real profile and only get a few good responses,than a less than honest one that will bring you many,but few that may be accepting and even less that may be embracing of your female self. Costs too much in time to "sort em out"...Too bad you are "so straight" cause there are lots of girls on here that would enjoy being with you!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Stephanie,
    As time passes so the wounds heal.

I also think you will find that pot of gold out there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.