Thread: I finally saw one of US

Complex Lolita...

I finally saw one of US

Yep, it finally happened. I was working at night, and a couple strolled into view at the limits of my aging vision. At first it looked like a she and she couple, the kind that frequents the joint after hours, but, as they got closer to my location, I could see that the other woman was not quite so obviously a woman. I thought about that as they strode, arm in arm, around the corner, only to reappear later very near to where I was standing…

Yes, it was a crossdresser, MtF variety, in tasteful clothing, makeup, wig, bra, the whole nine yards. I would surmise that the boyfriend/husband/partner was on an “excursion,” here in this relatively safe yet famous haven for crossdressers, otherwise known as my workplace. Nobody mentioned this sighting later, but I kept thinking about it. One of US, like me, maybe even a member of this here site, sauntering by as I observed the miraculous happening…

I had curious feelings about this later. I was glad the person in question was out and about, in relative safety, enjoying being dressed, but I felt kinda sad that this is what it amounts to – a slow march around a safe haven, with few people to encounter, and few problems to foresee, and, if it all goes well, there will be more “showings” in the wee hours. REALLY wee, these hours were, I mean 3-4 A.M. A brief feeling of being dressed in public, I guess, but there is little public to engage and reflect off of…

No children were around, so no parents. unless an RV might arrive from goodness knows where, and few workers (like me) to ogle the dresser. But, you know, little excursions like this are really special, and I wish I had been this person – I could imagine the feelings of uncertainty and nervousness, going hand in hand with exhilaration. I’ve been there, but never with a partner in tow. Where I work you can come in, easily CD and go relatively unnoticed, unless a CD like me is tuned in to your wavelength. You can also fondle the CD friendly merchandise, please…

One of my co-workers mentioned that she had encountered a CD one day at another store. I absorbed her interesting story but said nothing, and she made no judgment one way or the other. I work in a place that has declared it is TG friendly – I assume this applies to crossdressing and all variations thereof. Seeing it from the inside, so far, I would say they are making good on their word, but I would be happy just walking around a store late (VERY late) at night, not bother anyone, and enjoy whatever outfit I was wearing, assuming my own risks…

Speaking as a worker, I wouldn’t equate tolerance with fatigue from the demanding job we do, so any indifference we display can be seen as preservation of energy. Plus, the store needs ALL customers, and they want you to come back and shop again, or simply walk around again in your favorite femme finery…

Can you guess where I work? MtF crossdressers go there often…

Aspiring Member
    Welcome back, Frédérique. It's been awhile. Between 0300 and 0400? - that eases guessing where you might work.

Speaking of one-of-us:

While wandering through Walmart yesterday evening (early) I happened to notice a middle aged man checking out women’s blouses. He looked up and found me looking at him looking at me. I wasn’t trying to stare. Just one of those unplanned quick glances. If he had just returned to his selection I wouldn't have given it a second thought but he elected to toss the blouse as if it were hot, and rapidly walk away. No point in running after him: “It’s ok, it’s ok, me too.”

Tomorrow, that might be me in the panties section. In drab, like he was. I hope not to give myself away like that. It struck me as kinda funny, though.

Ineke

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Dear God......Frédérique!

I thought you were dead Miss. I'll reply to your post when I have something better to contribute, but was just
    thinking this week as to where you had gone?

I've had two outings around the local area with my wife in the wee hours, shortly after I first came out to her. It was an exhilarating feeling then and still is to this day. I love my clothes and my duality. I just wish the world could too!

Rebecca
    Last edited by Katey888; 07-09-2014 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Platinum Member
    Hi Freddy! Welcome back! Fascinating puzzle, late nigh, CD friendly shop in Lindsborg, KS. I googled and came up with a few possibilities, but I'm going to guess: Swedish Country Inn Gift Shop!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    I had curious feelings about this later. I was glad the person in question was out and about, in relative safety, enjoying being dressed, but I felt kinda sad that this is what it amounts to – a slow march around a safe haven, with few people to encounter, and few problems to foresee, and, if it all goes well, there will be more “showings” in the wee hours. REALLY wee, these hours were, I mean 3-4 A.M. A brief feeling of being dressed in public, I guess, but there is little public to engage and reflect off of…
    Most of us have to paddle about in the shallow end of the pool before we're willing to go off of the high dive! My first trip out was to a very safe LGBT restaurant with a group of ladies. I was still petrified but I got over it quickly.

Wee hours in Kansas? I thought they rolled up the sidewalks at 10:00PM! Even Big Nose Kate's closes at 2.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore! j/k
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    We don't have enough information here to construct a scenario. Could have been the first time out or they could be coming back from a night out that might happen with some frequency or anywhere in between. We just don't know.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good to see you here again Freddy.

Platinum Member
    Hi Freddy, Welcome back, It sounds like Wally World.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Welcome back. Missed you. Spelled correctly, well-written. I don't know of any art galleries open at 3 am. "...fondle the merchandise." My vote goes to an all night bookstore. Is there such a thing?

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93
    Fascinating puzzle, late nigh, CD friendly shop in Lindsborg, KS. I googled and came up with a few possibilities, but I'm going to guess: Swedish Country Inn Gift Shop!
    Oops! Not in sleepy Lindsborg, darling…

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn
    Wee hours in Kansas? I thought they rolled up the sidewalks at 10:00PM!
    More like 8:00 PM! Strange but true…

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID
    It sounds like Wally World.
    We have a winner!

I really want to have an experience where I meet a fellow cd. Dare I say I would want to go so far as to befriend someone? That's been my goal ever since I started but haven't had much luck with anyone who lives nearby. :/

Hi Ryce
    Come over to South Australia. We would greet you with open arms
    Amanda
    Last edited by Amanda L.; 07-09-2014 at 06:55 AM. Reason: left out the subject of the post

Frédérique,
    At three o'clock in the morning you do tend to stand out in a large department store devoid of customers.

My friends who are professional shoplifters say this is not a good time to carry out their activity.

Likewise for those that are dressed.

Twelve hours later is better for dressing, just watch out for thirteen year old schoolgirls.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gotta watch out for those CDers Hon. They are everywhere.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Hi Freddy!
    I sure have missed you great wisdom and thought provoking threads!
    Glad you doing well and enjoying the bounty of Walmart employment.
    Since they are TG friendly, here is your chance go to work and enjoy a Freddy day!
    Hugs
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims
    At three o'clock in the morning you do tend to stand out in a large department store devoid of customers. Twelve hours later is better for dressing, just watch out for thirteen year old
    schoolgirls.
    I agree. My advice to you: avoid the “chips” aisle before midnight…

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons
    Gotta watch out for those CDers Hon. They are everywhere.
    You know, I’m surprised I hadn’t seen anyone before now, but this IS the middle of nowhere!