Thread: Mean Ol' Society...

Banned Read only

Mean Ol' Society...

won't let me?

Very very flimsy.

Why not be happy that you live in this day and age of online shopping and "good clothes"?

What if you had been born not that long ago?

BEFORE high heels, pantyhose and "nice" undies, shapewear, forms, makeup, wigs........

Or maybe many/most here would have been perfectly happy in wearing whatever the GGs were wearing at the time?

It was not that long ago that women stayed COVERED up from head to toe.

Feel better now?

Probably not, but things could be far worse.

Couldn't they?

Believe it or not some CDers love wearing those period clothes. Teresa did but she's not here any more.Others still like wearing petticoats, bloomers and the like. I guess if that is what girls and women previously wore, many of us would be up for it too.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Point well taken. It is so much easier today, whether you're a closet dresser or venture out on the streets. Often the barriers we see are erected in our own minds.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Society has all sorts of good and bad impact, Wild...

Society provides the standards and expectations of behaviour that allow us to enjoy our individual freedoms, whatever and wherever they are - I don't see society 'not letting me' - rather my own fears of consequences that constrain me...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Or maybe many/most here would have been perfectly happy in wearing whatever the GGs were wearing at the time?
    Yes I would - and if I could choose I'd go for about 1,002,014 years back, as I recall they had a nice line in doe-skin bikinis back then... not much makeup around though, but definitely not covered from head to toe...

Society isn't such a bad thing, on the whole, it's the desire for boxes to put people in, that's the problem...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Things could be far worse, that's for sure. I live in one of the most regressive states in the US and yet I am able to live openly and go about my business without encumbrances. So, event Texas society seems to be less than restrictive. I even had a breakdown in Muskogee, Ok while traveling en femme, and was treated not only with respect, but it think genuine deference. I felt like the GM dealership went out of their way to be nice.

Now, imagine if I were n Saudi Arabia.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels
    Why not be happy that you live in this day and age of online shopping and "good clothes"?
    It’s great to be living in this time of “options,” n’est ce pas?

Well I was told once "Cheer up, things could be worse."

So I cheered up, and sure 'nuff.

Things got worse.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Careful I bite <3
    I don't agree that we are in a very repressed part of US history.

Banned Read only
    I think/thought a "good portion" of the regulars here needed all the rest of the female "trappings" besides the clothes?

Couldn't a case be made that there has never been a better time to be a CDer?

Careful I bite <3
    Wild I'd agree. There are cross dressing fashion models, plenty of support, some states have actual laws protecting any version of Trans.

All of these things are why I'd make the argument that if we are in decline, this is by definition still the golden age.

Still with popular support for LGBT community on the rise, I'm not so sure about the decline yet.

I use to love to wear all the long dresses and look old fashion... but i am SO HAPPY i can wear clothes of today. I am pretty lucky:P i love all the variety and being able to be understood by my girlfriend. But i am still far to afraid to let the rest of society know who i am. Where i am from.. i'd be shunned for who i am, especially if my friends or family knew. And you are right tho! things could be a lot worse! I am fortunate to be in the time i am in. Its hard to accept myself as a crossdresser. Im slowly learning to accept and love who i am. This forum is really helping me

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    I think with rare exception, we're simply comfortable in whatever we feel like we should be wearing. In earlier posts here, I gave the example of being in a bathing suit at a formal affair, that even if it's gender appropriate, it would be uncomfortable being dressed like that. I compare that, to wearing the clothes of the gender that we do not feel we are, and those clothes feel just as inappropriate, whether they are or not, we simply want to wear what DOES feel well, 'just right'. Whatever era, I'd most likely only feel normal in girl clothing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi.

To be a dresser in the 1400 -1700...Now that would have been a great time in many aspects I know it would have for my self, granted im a female, yet many of those with in our
    = The S C A group =. Thought I was a male dressed in the garb of those times we are reinacting,

Now I wonder why would that be the case had it not been done then , I belive so . hence why they had thoughts about my self,
    now thinking about it and judging myself would I have passed then because I don't now, yet would it have been that hard to gain or be accepted as being different then , for some groups of people it was accepted and others maybe and still others no.

So dressing in the garb of the day men were dressed in dress';s and skirts and tights wigs and so on judging by what i'v seen , it's yes I would / could have been able to dress and it would have worked well.

...noeleena...

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, I have three closets full of all kinds of things feminine, Life is great.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!