Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much time do you spend in femme?

How much time do you spend in femme?

Previous to my divorce, I rarely dressed. Those times when i knew she would be gone for a while, and it was only undergarments/lingerie. Back then, It was purely sexual. These days, I just lounge around, in a dress or skirt and t-shirt. Now that I have the house to myself, I own a larger feminine wardrobe than I do male. I immediately change when I get home from work, and on the weekends I glue my breast forms on for the duration. I have actually declined going out, just so that I could stay home dressed. I love the feel of my forms, much more so when glued without a bra. I cant go to Wal-mart or Target without picking up a dress or panties, maybe a bra too. I know that this lifestyle would never be accepted by my friends or family, and have actually thought about leaving them all behind, to move somewhere where who I am becoming, however far I choose to take it, would be okay.

just wondering where everyone else that does this is at, and if I may be obsessing a bit.

JD

Silver Member
    I think that staying in and dressing can become a bad habit. It isolates you from others. Moving may be the best for you. I moved as soon as I got out of high school. Years later I found that many of the people who I thought would never accept me did.

Moving does not make you free to go out in fem. You have to make the same decisions as to who knows your alternate lifestyle. I've moved many times as I climbed corporate ladders. In each case I went through the agony of who or what I was or wanted to let out. Today most everyone has seen me wearing women's clothes and all. The interesting thing is that in two of the first places that I lived I found out that most everyone figured it out. That was years and years ago.

It wouldn't be a generic move, more of a deliberate move to a place specifically more accomidating. Brazil, India, San Francisco, Boys town in chicago etc. Due to a motorcycle wreck, Im about to become independantly weathly, my father is about to pass, and my mother is very understanding though she doesnt know about this. With as many options as Im about to have, Im wondering if I should make my life this, or just keep it as a private thing that I do. I have a girl that I'm seeing here, and though she is very accepting of many things, in general conversation she has made it clear that this is not one of those things.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    IMHO I don't think you are obsessing, I think that what you describe is a fairly typical way a CDer who enjoys their CDing (without any guilt) goes about their business. Staying in at home can be just as rewarding as going out if you feel that's all you need. I think you should carry on doing what makes you happy.

To answer the question in the title of your post. It varies, but about 4 to 6 hours a time, 3 to 4 times a month (basically, once a week) ... unless its the month of June when I am going to different Pride events that either last all day or sometimes all weekend!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 07-08-2014 at 11:14 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    good for you...enjoy it..and have fun..you only live once right? It is great to be free ! I dress at least 2 or 3 nights a week, it would be more if i had my own apt again...i miss having my own place soooo bad and the freedom that went with it.

I would say, I just feel comfortable. at home, its my sanctuary. my place to be how I want. though I would love for that to extend into the world.

Silver Member
    I am sorry about your father and suggest that you do not make any significant life-changing decisions until you get over both your divorce and your father's death. It is certainly understandable to begin planning a move to an area you can live openly in the life style you care to. There are many places you will fit in. Take some time to explore them. Don't stay locked in your home. Get out. It is much more fun to be dressed and be out and about. Go to a few crossdresser events if you have the money Beauty and the Beach in Delaware in November is a great week-long CDing experience. Also, Diva Las Vegas and a few others. Don't stay home if you don't have to. Take care of yourself. Good luck.

I don't do anything fem during the working week. I don't like to snatch short spells as I prefer to savour the longer experience when I can try different outfits and relax. So Friday and Saturday nights are the times I dress, usually 8 hours Friday night and 10 hours plus on Saturday (yes I have very late nights) sometimes going to bed when the sun comes up. Since I wear fem night clothes that extends it further. I might try to fit in a bit of girl time on Sunday morning depending on what I have planned.
    I look forward to the opportunity to meet up with others and go out for a coffee and chat. I think it will be a real adrenaline rush
    Amanda

JD, this feels a little awkward but I'm going to give you my two cents worth anyway.
    Be very careful about thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, going to some other country because your going to be accepted as a crossdressing male, I'd be surprised, very surprised. Spending too much time alone is not a good thing for anyone, please get out, join some groups with common interests, whatever they are. We all need social interaction, it is very important.
    And given the amount of time you spend en femme, I wonder if you've ever considered discussing how you feel with a counsellor or therapist?

Oh, and I spend far too much time dressed, far too much.

Take care,
    Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

HI,
    I seem to do the same pattern ,love when the wife goes out of town for the weekend!

The best answer is "not enough".
    I wear panties and some jewelry every day, a bra and makeup a couple times a week, but I don't get to fully dress and go out more than about one a month.
    Stephanie

It varies between 50 and 70 percent of the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Hello:
    I would estimate that I dress approx. 50% of the time. I usually come home from work Friday afternoon, If I'm not doing a guy project I dress up right away. I then fem up that evening plus Sat and Sun. However I partially dress (bra and panties) every day. I also sleep in a nightie and forms every night.

Danielle

JJ,
    you say you are seeing someone who makes it indirectly clear she would not be tolerant of what you do. But in the OP you indicate you are considering moving to be who you want to be. Thats an either or if ever there was one. If she's not accepting, then you aren't going to "be yourself" any time in the future now are you. If you choose the route with her, are you ready to hang up your heels? Sorry to hear it, but to me it sounds like you just might need to wait out the issues with your Father THEN make a decision.

Aspiring Member
    Basically to costume parties.

But am going to start doing it around the house since it is only me there.

Why not since I enjoy it! And it makes me look and feel so much younger!
    Last edited by Martha G; 07-09-2014 at 09:48 AM.

Careful I bite <3
    It really varies. The more I spend time at home the more it goes towards 100%. I still have too much social stuff that requires I be male, plus I like some of them more in male mode that I'm happy to have my guy time a lot too.

I don't get to dress as much as I wish. But at least one day a week

Not enough, and I wish I could spend more time.

About 98% of the time.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    If your talking clothes only about 50 percent but if your talking clothes makeup and the works, right now very little if at all

Fully dressed once or twice a week, underdress 4-5 times a week.

Nightie or most every nite .4 days a week when I get home from work I dress , some times just panties and a house dress, may be twice a month full make up .panties 3or 4 days or none at all, mostly thongs.

I wear the clothes about 90% of the time

At the moment just once a month. I was lucky for a year and a half to dress up at least twice a week at weekends. At the moment I cannot do this due to personal circumstances. Whenever I do dress I do so from the afternoon until the early hours of the next morning. I spend most of the time in front of the mirror singing along to ballads by easy listening singers like Vicki Carr. I normally start off by singing along to "It Must Be Him" in a convincing female singing voice. Singing in front of the mirror to girly songs really makes me feel like a girl.

Christen, well said! Good advice
    Emmax