Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling All Baldies!

Aspiring Member

Calling All Baldies!

How many of you are like me? A baldy!

I have only a little gray fringe around my head and when I dress, I look so much younger. Now you know why I like to dress up!

Just wondering?

My hair started falling out just after school. .. if only I started hormones then... I would of at least saved it. But there is nothing that will change that now, so I keep it polished, and wear wigs...
    I never liked the look of a balding head, thus I keep it clean.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Yup, I am losing it. It is pretty sparse up top so I keep it buzzed cut. And yes I love the look my wig gives me, though I wish I could grow it out like I had it in my teens!

On a side note, did any of you read the post here by a GG where within it she said that being bald is something like socially unacceptable and caused people to point and stare at you. My wife and I still talk about that. Oh and I so scare those little children with my freakish balding head! Hahahahah...
    Last edited by Nadine Spirit; 07-09-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Hormone treatment in my twenties is one suggestion that I still have a good head of hair.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Bald on top hair on sides, don't like wigs but found out fem. hats work very well

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I've been shaving the little that remains for about 15 or so years...
    Call me Donna, please

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    My once-vibrant follicular civilization is rapidly fading

Cue balls have more hair than Me. Hugs Roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just a ring around the head. Keep it shaved.

Aspiring Member
    I so wish I had the thick head of hair of my early 20's. (1970's) Back then I could have grown it out but being around conservative family and friends, no way. Today I could blind people with my bald spot and the sun shining just right.

This reminds me of a woman several years ago who worked in a state government agency many years ago. She chose to buzz cut her hair to about 1/2" long. A co-worker who lost her hair due to cancer treatments filed a complaint for whatever reason. The gal was reprimanded. Go figure.

Cheryl

A good excuse for SO

Next time you're all dolled up and your caught by your SO explain to her that you look so much better this way than you would with a toupee, a bow tie and trousers!

Bald as an egg on top, with a grey fringe around the edge, which I keep in a buzz cut. Oddly enough, women seem to like it that way. I don't. Hence the wig.

I started going grey when I was 25. A friend told me that I should be happy about that, because if your hair goes grey, it doesn't fall out. Yet another urban myth bites the dust.

Virility, genetics, headboards, acid rain and hats are some others, though I'd like to think that virility had some major truth to it!

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    Gotta love being over 50..... No hair where I want it, (on top, bald since my early 30's) and all kinds everywhere you don't want it.

ina
    Just a run-of-the-mill underdressing CD

Balding...but it seems more like a migration to other places on my body...d'oh

When I was young I had a head full of hair that barbers hated because it was so thick. Then the Follicle War started, and the hair started retreating (cowards!!!!) When it got so that it looked like I had just a band of hair around the back of my head from ear to ear, I surrendered and started shaving my head.

Wigs are nice. So is sunshine. Either way, I can be a redhead again with very little difficulty!

~Mel
    ~Linebacker Melissa

If only we could get those darn hairs to retreat where they need to be on top and not everywhere else.
    Yea I am one of those that could scare kids at the pool and still wear a hat as not to sunburn the head.
    If only wishes where fishes !!

Leann

Remember Friar Tuck's hair in Robin Hood? I see it every morning... The circle does keep enlarging too!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

OMG.. I knew I'd like it here.. I've been follically challenged since my mid 20's.. My sister in law told me years ago, "Don't worry about that, God made only so many perfect heads, the rest she covered with hair.." But the worst sunburn ever, oh my..

Look at the bright side. You can save the cost of a wig cap.

I don't have much on the dome but that %&$#* nose and ear hair grows like weeds.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Natures practical joke on men. What was on top done went plum down...on my back.

Me too Alice! Shaving the back so I can wear these low neckline summer tops (without looking like some type of primate) gets to be a real pain!
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 07-10-2014 at 06:25 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.

I have the same problem.
    When others hair was turning color, mine was turning loose.

I have a bald patch on the top left of my head where I had major surgery some years ago, I keep my hair long as in shoulder length and it covers it up nicely if I had a short hair then it would stand out a mile, this is why I also wear a lot of head scarfs and bows in my hair or have my hair up with hair clips because I don't want people seeing my scars I get embarrassed by it, other than that I'm lucky I still have a full head of hair, because my dad and my brothers are all bald, the only one to keep his hair in our family is my grandad my dad's dad and had a full thatch until he died at 86 so I'm hopping I got his genes to keep my hair, I look like my grandad so I can only hope... I love my hair
    Last edited by CrossJess; 07-10-2014 at 08:11 AM.