Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever been "discovered" on the internet?

Reality Check
    In theory, I believe you have to join the forum and have several posts before you can view the photos.

In practice, some members leave computers up and running while logged in so anyone could walk by and see photos, and some members share their passwords with others (against the rules, but unenforcable).

I haven't posted any photos of myself dressed, but if I did, I would hope my presentation makes me unrecognizable as my male self.

Of course if you're going to post photos, don't have something in the background that will lead people to you (like your 1955 red Corvette).

Banned Read only
    Susana I've only posted pics on this forum but I always have the element of doubt, especially when the forum closes down. I always think it's been hacked and assume a site like this would be a reasonable target and as such the forum security should be fairly robust to protect its members.

Honestly the thought of someone seeing me online doesn't bother me. I've posted pics of myself in various states of exposure online and if someone I know sees it, so what really. First of all I don't ever associate images with my real name or personal email. Second if anyone who knows me as male would see a pic of me presenting as a female I don't think they would recognize me without looking really close. I do have tattoos so that could be a give away but there are so many images out there no one ever connects an image on tumblr (for instance) with a real person. And like I said even if they did so what. What are they going to do? Expose me? What would be the point of that? And why would it matter really that people see me dressed as a woman. It's not that big of a deal. If it was a revealing pic that got out it would be kinda embarrassing but I can guarantee if I've put it out there I look good in it lol so oh well in the end!
    Last edited by Jessy Jamz; 07-29-2014 at 10:15 AM.

No I haven't not to my knowledge anyway. If I was the chance of someone saying something are pretty slim 1/10 of 1% is probably to high. If your cruising a CD site why? I did go to a trailer trash party once and there were a bunch of really ugly people set up around the room and I had seen some of the pics before on CD sites.
    Generally I don't worry about it and don't really care
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Luckily, I have a few innate protections against that sort of thing. I seldom take pictures of anything; if I do, a self portrait is way down the list and, most importantly, I'm a terrible photographer. Age has not improved my skills, as you can see from my avatar. My reasons for wishing to remain private have more to do with not having to explain myself to others (not that I would bother in most cases) than anything else.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    No, not been outed on the web, so please don't tell anyone about my web page, listed in my signature.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

It is simple, if you are afraid of being outed, DO NOT POST ANY PIX... simple as that.
    Once you have a pic online, there is evidence that could be linked to you, and with facebook, google and other social media, it is just a matter of time before some links are made, and just waiting for someone you know to stumble across.
    Me, personally, dont care about being outed, but it is just the sequence of who knows what before the other.
    But then again, its different for CD's and TS' s

Yes and no.

When I set up a facebook profile for Donna, I mistakenly included my high school. Got a friend request from a fellow alumina. I ignored the request and changed my profile right quick.

Not even my own mother or daughter recognize me when dressed, so I'm not worried about being outed online.
    DonnaT

Once you have put pictures or other information onto the WWW, there must be a finite chance of someone you know stumbling upon the information or the pictures. So, I would imagine one is always at risk.
    On the other hand, as several people have pointed out already, "So What". If someone says "is that you" you can always reply "Yes" and leave it at that. I always wonder what would happen if someone who is publicly outed and being mobbed by the Press just says " yeah, its true. Have to go now" I wonder if the real story is the attempt at denial and secrecy. That seems to cause a frenzy of curiosity and the Press etc. love that. That's when the story has "legs".

I'm at a point where I would welcome that opportunity to have a conversation. I'm having a hard time bringing myself to do it on my own.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.