Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man in Dress - Yuk or Nice?

Always nice.

Depends. Do you mean a man in a dress with "obviously" man features like a mustache or beard? If so, then no. I don't want to use the word yuk, though. A little effort put forth is nice.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    that's the way I roll. as of yet, i have not had a bad experience going out in public as a "man in a dress".

A lot of women look yuk too. Since I joined this forum, my judgment seems to have improved. I don't see anyone as below 6. I'm a 6 too, hoping to be a 7 before long.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

so true

Quote Originally Posted by Alice_2014_B View Post
    I agree with Nicole.
    In my opinion, one's own mind can be the most judgemental.
    I find this to be so very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineke Vashon View Post
    I am confused. My dilemma consist of being turned off by pictures of a man wearing a dress.
    I don't understand why it's a problem. Who we are, and what we are turned on or turned off by, are two entirely separate things. I'm an old bald overweight guy in a dress and a cheap wig, and I would not find myself sexually attractive, however I do find young slim women with long hair (even if it's dyed bizarre colors) tremendously hot, no matter what they're wearing, or even when wearing nothing at all.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    You've been subjected to 76 years of social conditioning, so give yourself a break if you can.
    Thats what I think. Youve had a ton of social conditioning, and your feelings may be a knee jerk reaction... according to alot of society, youre SUPPOSED to think yuk.

There are a few people who pull it off quite well in very different ways:

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/201...fine-with-that

http://www.hisblackdress.com/

Wish I had both the look and guts to pull this off.

Not always that nice

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenn View Post
    There are a few people who pull it off quite well in very different ways:

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/201...fine-with-that

http://www.hisblackdress.com/

Wish I had both the look and guts to pull this off.
    Me too. I am totally comfortable with the first one (laweekly). She looks femme. But the minute I looked at the shiny silvery dress of SO I thought: "OMG, I so want that dress. Love the slinky look."

As for 'hisblackdress' - while I admire his guts I am still uncomfortable with it. But what he choses to wear is really none of my concern. More power to him. Perhaps, one of these days.....

Thanks everyone for your input. I am aware that 76+ years of social conditioning has left its imprint. Fortunately, it is not too late for this old dog to learn new tricks, or I would not be participating in this forum.

Ineke