Thread: Dressing at a fetish event

Dressing at a fetish event

Hi Everyone,
    I've been dressing in private since I was a teenager and now 14 years later, I am dating a girl who not only accepts it, but encourages it. She is pushing me to go out in public because it would be a huge turn-on for her, but I am still not comfortable enough in my presentation to take the plunge. I have always had a fetish for latex clothing and recently purchased a skirt and long sleeve jacket and love the way it makes me feel. I've been considering attending a fetish ball/party during a Florida trip as my first time out and I wondered if anyone could share any experiences/thoughts with me. I've never been to one of those events period and I don't know if I'm jumping into the deep end wayyy to fast. I'm not really into the BDSM type stuff at all and not sure how intense all that gets around party goers. Also if anyone knows something similar on the west coast, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Steph

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That is awesome that your girlfriend encourages your "girly nights"!
    I've never been to a BDSM even, but have always wanted to go; I'm not into the hardcore scene though.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

You are very lucky to have such an understanding girlfriend! Please post a picture or two when you get up the nerve!
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

In May, I attended the "DomCon" event en femme on all three days! You'll have lots of fun, and we want to see pictures!
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    is that the fetish factory ball?? i always wanted to go...i love that kinda stuff too..latex fashions...i dont wear it out in public..but would to a party like that, always loved the pencil skirts, and the latex stockings are soooo sexy...its fun to get down like that ..ohh the long latex opera gloves...sooo sexy...
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 07-09-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm not into rubber, but attended the RWR last month in Minnesota. I can tell u for a fact that these Dolls were all great fun and good people! U will be surprised at how nice fetish folks r. I would put them in the same class as T's and CD's. Excellent company. The organizers were discussing sponsoring an event on one coast or the other.

Go. U won't be sorry!

(Guess which one I am?) Mods, this photo was taken from their internet site.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I also suspect you are thinking of the Fetish Factory monthly party! Have fun! Great group of people...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Aspiring Member
    I can't help but have to ask - wouldn't you overheat and sweat buckets right after the first dance?

Ineke

Banned Read only
    We have some Fetish type event [I think yearly] here in Tampa that always makes it into the news and apparently makes a lot of money and pulls in people from all over the US. I have never been though or have any clue as to what it is called.

We also have Busch Gardens, plenty of beaches and the [often claimed] "world's most famous" strip club.

We also have shorts weather year round!

I think take up your girlfriend's offer and practice a little walking the malls first.

You may get to like it.

It is also an opportunity lost if you don't.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would definitely take advantage of going to an out of state event. Odds are extremely low on crossing paths with any one you know. I makes it so much easier to get out. Plus, you will most likely never cross paths with any one you meet at the event again unless you make an conscious effort.

Just because you attend a fetish event, it does not obligate you to participate behind closed doors.

If I had had a supportive SO 45+ years ago when I first started going out and was out of town, I would have jumped at the opportunity.

yea latex gets hot...it is great in the winter though...keeps you so warm...i used to love my latex catsuit (meow) with a fur coat..used to keep me warm on a cold winters day. I had a blue one and a red one...the red one looked hot all shined up with armor all with black heels.. too bad I threw all that stuff out during my purge..its sooo expensive if you get the quality goods...I couldnt imagine it in Florida, in the summer heat though..WITH makeup...ouch..yeah hot..i actually bought alot of stuff from fetish factories website..at that time they were the best in the u.s...overseas has some great latex fashions
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 07-10-2014 at 02:11 AM.

AIRCONDITIONING!! I was at an LGBT event last week[Coming Out Monologues] and I don't believe ice cream could have melted in that place! Should have worn a sweaterdress rather than a sundress ! The venues that fetish events are held in are most always refrigerated..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Thanks everyone! Yes, I was talking about fetish factory events. I have to fight the urge to unload my credit card whenever I visit there online store. So many fun outfits I want! I looked at the DOMCON page and it seems like another possibility. She's not into the latex thing because of the way it feels to touch and causing her to become claustrophobic, but puts up with me dressing up in it once in a while. Might try some more lube-ie shine product and see if there's a way to make it more slippery. I'm super excited just thinking abut doing this. A year ago no one knew about the crossdressing or the latex fetish and now I'm considering doing both at once in public ! I really appreciate the encouragement from everyone. I plan to take her up on going out to a normal place like a mall, but for some reason I think being in full costume I could really become Stephanie easier than dressing casually. It's a little scary taking what I did in secret for years to something I do with someone all the time, but I think I'm hooked! Thanks again for the words of encouragement. It means a lot.

Adriana, I think I need to do some shopping now! Could you buy a catsuit off the rack/webpage or did you get someone custom sized for a crossdressor?

-Stephanie

CAM00411.jpg

Silver Member
    No worries, you won't be pushed into anything you are not comfortable with (trying to pressure someone into doing things they are not comfortable with is a severe violation of kink etiquette.)

My experiences at fetish events have been great. EVERYONE there is very accepting and friendly. People always respect each others boundaries and are open to different fetishes. I haven't been to that one in particular, but from the coule I have been to, you'd have no problems. If your nervous about it you can always go and check it out first, then decide if you want to dress up.
    I say do it though, you don't want to look back on it later and wish you did.

My wife and I attend several fetish/BDSM weekend events every year, we both crossdress and also dress twinsies and at Dark Odyssey Fusion last month, we bought her a terrific red latex dress. we like to see and be seen and these events are great for that. Very accepting and encouraging, and oddly safe even as they can be edgy. There is about zero risk of being outed, anyone who recognizes you has the same secret you do, and nobody will recognize you anyway.

Steph, you have no idea how lucky you are to have a g/f that not only accepts it, but encourages it!! Take full advantage. I know my wife would never accept. In fact during a recent move she found some of my en femme fetish stuff and luckily she bought into me telling her they belonged to an old friend and it was a Halloween costume that was his otherwise I think I'd be facing divorce lawyers. I hate having to lie but that was the only way to save my marriage, but this isn't about my marriage. I went to a fetish ball back in 08 in Winnipeg simply called "The Ball". It only happens there about 4 times a year but I was in your shoes, very scared about going out in public etc. A great supportive friend on here (Princess Chantal) and a few others talked me into going. So I went but had to lie to my wife which I didn't feel good about, but I felt this was something I had to do for myself. So I shaved my legs, chest, bought some knee high boots and went out as a biker chick and I felt like one hot bitch in the leather & fishnets & boots, in fact I never felt sexier than I did that night. Everyone at the ball was very open minded, I got hit on by both men & women, and it just felt so good to be a real bad ass biker babe. Another biker GG complimented me on how I walked in those boots and I felt all along that as soon as I put on the heels I would fall right on my ass. BDSM is optional, but I can't speak for the Florida event that you're going to. I say just do it, you obviously have nothing to lose if your g/f supports the woman in your shadows. In fact my Winnipeg sisters have been trying to talk me into taking the plunge again, but I went on a purge after my wife found some of that stuff. I might go to the Halloween ball since anything goes that time of year, but most of my biker babe outfit has either been tossed or donated sadly. I will leave you a link to the Winnipeg ball website and perhaps it might shed some light on what to expect etc.... www.theball.ca
    You can call me Colleen

Most fetish/BDSM events are very open and accepting, and most are strictly supervised and controlled.
    You can find local or other events easily on fetish/kink sites. PM me for a specific name if you like.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I would totally go for it if I were you. I have only ever been to two fantasy fetish balls and both times were awesome from the point of view of people's acceptance of you ... unlike (IMHO) going out in the mainstream public unless you pass reasonably well. Here's a pic of me and my wife at our last fetish event. It was a while ago in 2006 and it was in Las Vegas. In fact it was the last ever event at the famous Stardust Hotel before it got pulled down.

P.S. I have a better wig now than I did in 2006!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

the catsuits mostly come in sizes if i remember...pricey..between 200-300 for a basic one...and they can go higher with more detailing. Most of the high quality detail stuff i only found overseas...it seems that scene is bigger over there. Now you got ME wanting to get some new latex too.
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 07-10-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Never been to one but have played out lots of fantasies with the wife or I dressing a part. This one sounds like a lot of fun and if there is no danger involved I say go for it and experience new things. We never can live out all the adventures we dream of but when one gets a chance as you have go for it.