Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing at the movies

Hi havn't seen it because you cannot get it in U.K. but Gun Hill Road seems to have a very good plotline, an ex con returns to the bronx after 3 years in prison to find his wife estranged, and teenage son seeking sexual transformation. porbably worth a look.

Careful I bite <3
    There aren't any in theaters that I know of. I'm especially sure there aren't any that are wide releases right now.

Dallas Buyers club has some, and is the most recent (might still be in some theaters), but it's not really about cross dressing specifically. The main focus is aids. One of the main characters does cross dress though.

There's quite a few others people haven't mentioned but they tend to fall more into the comedy/trope version. Lady Bugs, White Chicks and a ton.

Very few that are really about ENJOYING cross dressing though, and the few that are out there tend to be very much more about the Drag Queen phenomenon.

Two of the films mentioned here - Silence of the Lambs and Psycho - never struck me as being cross dressing movies. Both depicted deeply psychopathic behaviours in which transvestism was a minor part. The inclusion of cross dressing always seemed an egregious plot ploy designed to titillate and shock. But that's the film business for you.

Careful I bite <3
    I feel like the definition we all use as a Crossdresser, is normally used to titilate a bit. Wether it's comedically, or shock and awe tactics varies completely.

Kinky Boots, and a few others are the only ones that really try to tell a story about any version of a cross dresser (usually about drag queens), and the main character is still rarely the drag queen themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda L. View Post
    Rocky Horror comes to mind. Have never seen it though,
    Where does M.A.S.H. fit? Klinger dressing as a woman to get a Section 8 probably had people thinking that you have to be nuts to dress as a woman...................................Hmmm! On the other hand there may be something in that (lol)
    Amanda
    Yeah, but he never did get that section 8! I guess that means that crossdressing was considered totally normal!

Not a principal character, but Tina in The World's Fastest Indian is the best portrayal of a significant mainstream TG person that I have seen.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

This one's pretty obscure, but worth the hunt - "The Triple Echo". A British army deserter hides out at a farm run by a single woman. She decides to pass him off as her sister to keep him safe. He eventually embraces the role and even ends up going on a date with his Army pursuer (Oliver Reed). It does not have a happy ending though. You might find it on Youtube.

Ms Paula - what a great find...

A crossdressing date with Ollie Reed....??

Surely that has to rank as the most effective aversion therapy ever....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Yes, I agree. And you'll see in the movie that it's exactly that as Ollie tries to get to third base.

I remember Triple Echo very clearly. Good movie but it still disturbs me. Speaking of aversions, how about Michael Caine in Dressed to Kill.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    Yeah, but he never did get that section 8! I guess that means that crossdressing was considered totally normal!
    Good point Cynthia but then all the characters were a bit nutty

Dressed to Kill and a British film - 'I Want What I Want'.

Add "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert." It's got a great sound track too. I'm a huge film buff... Or Buffy. . So I especially loved reading this thread. Many films mentioned here I have seen, and many more are now added to my bucket list. A special thanks to Katy for the TG film link. Bookmarked!

Switched, about a man who wakes up as a woman. Although in his case, he is not happy about it.

The first scene after he becomes a woman is really great. He wakes up, hung over and goes into the bathroom to relieve himself. As you might imagine, "he" gets quite a surprise.

Sorority Boys, a very light comedy about three boys who get kicked out of their fraternity and have to dress up as girls to join a sorority. Kind of the movie version of Bosom Buddies.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Not a CDing movie per se, but I liked Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Its a musical about a TS rocker

To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar and Tootsie are my favorites.

I've always wanted to dress up and go see Rocky Horror Picture Show, on Halloween, but never got around to it. I've heard everyone dresses up in various costumes for the movie.

the bird cage is a remake of 'La cage aux folles' which is even funnier

Victor Victoria is a delightful film

Breakfast on Pluto with Cillian Murphy, pretty good flick. Rocky Horror...omg, that brings back memories! I think I can pretty much quote it line for line! And Some Like it Hot is in my top 10 all time movies, crossdressing or no crossdressing!