Thread: Was it Funnier & and maybe more Fun when you were really young ?

Smile Was it Funnier & and maybe more Fun when you were really young ?

Maybe its just me. I was extremely lucky to be born 10 months after my older sister and 18 months before my younger sister. I was also a very late grower entering high school at a height of 4:10. Anyway by the time I started getting interested in my sisters things at around 11 I had so many fun things to try on. My sisters did ballet for many years so the number of tutus around was great. They also did tennis for years and back in the 60s all the girls wore very fem tennis dresses with lacy butt panties. It was so much fun putting on all these outfits because of how well they fit and felt, but it was also very funny !!! Even with my longer hair I was laughing at myself everytime I went in front of the mirror wondering what would happen if I got caught ! They also had several FRU FRU Babydoll nighties that were to die for ! New Dresses and Slips were constantly arriving. Anyway It was just so Fun and really Funny ! I would pay a fortune now to just get to spend a day at a vintage shop trying on Dresses and those great full slips and getting a good giggle !

Robbiegirl,
    At age 66 I'm having more fun than ever before.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I regret having not embraced it more earlier, but I never really wanted to wear my sisters stuff as such - felt like it was crossing a line. Obviously, as a younger person I had less money and access to buying my own as an unfortunate circumstance.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    It's actually more fun NOW...to me anyway...the learning process stinks...and I dont mean the physical learning ( that part NEVER stops)..I mean the mental part of accepting. I can remember 10 years ago dressing home alone,nervous,scared,paranoid..just staring out a window, any noise would send me flying to hide, a car driving by would freak me out purging, re-buying,purging......no thanks...I am glad I passed that phase and made it to the other side, I am also glad I have none of those pictures either. Funnier...yea..I can laugh at myself now..crindge even...but the real fun is now
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 07-10-2014 at 11:10 PM.

I'm not sure fun or funnier would be the correct words to describe it. It was sort of.....well.....adjusting to what I thought I was supposed to be. The times when someone else was picking out the clothes, I just wore what he asked me to, did what he told me, wondering if real girls my age were actually doing this? It was all just feeling my way; Wear this, move this way, watching my sister and her friend, later trying to duplicate how they talked, moved, especially since I was often wearing her friend's dresses I would picture myself like her, only with blond hair. It was I guess the first time I had that kind of crush; where I both wanted to be her, while desperately hoping that she liked me at the same time. And I was what, 7 or 8? Such a confusing situation for a kid to be in, with no one to talk to about it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I enjoyed it more when I started. I liked the lack of body hair and smaller stature.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Was it Funnier & and maybe more Fun when you were really young ?
    I'm thinking that for you (at least the way you have described it) it would be way more fun when you were young (especially with your "sister situation")
    In my own situation, what with having no sisters, (boo!) it's more fun for me now ..... but I wish I'd had your childhood experiences!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I am having much more fun now. Though there are certainly many thing that I wanted to do at a younger age. I can see how growing up with two sisters would have lots of great memories.
    Stephanie

Platinum Member
    Hi Robbie, At 71 it just keeps on getting better.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

To me the "fun" part was it was like a game. In my first two long term experinces (when I was 10 for 3 weeks and again when I was 15 for the whole summer) no one could tell I wasn't a real girl so the "game" of fooling people (making them think I was a girl) was easy. In youth, boys and girls have less defined differences so its easy for a skinny boy to look like a slender girl. When it became a part of a sexual relationship with my wife, it was fun but took a bit more prep. When I transitioned, it was easy again as the body did the fooling. Now? the "fun" is just in the relaxing in who I am as my days of looking remotely like a girl are long gone by...

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    So this guy walks into a bra...
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Banned Read only
    What got me started was the slips my mother hung in the bathroom to try. Yes, it was a thrill to wear her slips and bras (34B) and her 1950's sun dresses with full skirts. Now? I have to add 10 digits to the bra size. That's life!

Oh I'm just a barrel of laughs as Ericka (my club persona). Thing is I'm much funnier as Rich. Go figure!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I had more scope for self expression when I was young.

Footloose and fancy free then.

Yep it was fun!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Careful I bite <3
    I'm enjoying my relative youth, but I feel like the learning curve is steep enough that it is still generally getting better so far.

Banned Read only
    I can see your POV.

And I have ZERO trouble recognizing the role NURTURE played in your life. How some members at this site simply refuse to accept the role of Nurture in the lives of MANY members here will probably forever elude me...

But can anyone deny that there has never been a better time to be a CDer [of any "flavor"] than now?

Although I do find it sad that being able to order stuff online [that has VERY little chance of fitting WELL] will likely keep many hiding in their closets far longer than necessary.

Possibly forever.

Just because something comes in the mail and one can get it buckled, zipped, snapped, buttoned or on, does not mean it FITS.

It was more fun because I looked younger. Now it fun because I'm better at getting the look right. However to be a teen again in the sixties with what I feel now. I would definitely been a hippie chick, flower power and all of those flowing sundresses.

When i first started out it was very fun everthing i tried on was a new experience !.Now that im older and have mostly accepted my cding and have a decent wardrobe that i don,t have to hide(im single) it is very enjoyable !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    How some members at this site simply refuse to accept the role of Nurture in the lives of MANY members here will probably forever elude me...
    It's hard because of the way we're brought up. As men, we're held responsible for EVERYTHING, whether we actually are responsible for things or not. So it's not much of a stretch to distance ourselves from any remote possibility that we are responsible for our crossdressing by firmly declaring that it's due to something before we were born, either genetic or hormonal influenced. While I don't blame men for feeling this way, it does prevent any further understanding of themselves if that is NOT what is causing their gender identity dysphoria.

Edit. It is, of course, also the responsibility of every man to be able to resist temptation. So the temptation to put on female clothing is seen as something that 'a real man' would be able to resist; it's another reason women see us as less than 'real men' because we aren't 'strong enough' to resist doing something that they feel everyone knows is simply wrong, just as we should be able to resist, say, killing someone. Which is why 'Giving in' to crossdressing makes us seem 'weak' in women's eyes, another thing that makes us seem unattractive to them.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 07-12-2014 at 02:20 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'd have to say its way more fun now When i was younger it was in secret and i had limited options. But now!!! i have so MANY options!! i have wigs, make up (which i do myself). And so many outfits My step mom knows about my dressing up and supports me 100% And so does my girlfriend And even better! They are both the same size clothes as i am they allow me to pick any outfit out of their wardrobes!!! I love it!!!! and now that i have so many options i can perfect my look which is EVEN better!!! planning on going public soon would of never done any of this when i was younger haha

More fun now as I can buy outfits easier, have more money, and don't feel so odd when buying them. But then again now I go shopping dressed.
    I may not be a super model, but it feels so good.

For me, it was much more exciting when I was growing up. The heart pounding thrill I used to get doesn't happen any more. I still enjoy it, but I do miss the intensity of my dressing during my younger years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    All I have to say is it was easier when I was younger. It seems to be so much more work to look like I want to. I don't think it was as difficult to pass and yes that made it fun. It was fun because both my mother and my sister participated in my dressing up as a girl.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl
    Was it Funnier & and maybe more Fun when you were really young?
    Oh, MtF crossdressing is fun at all ages, which is why I still do it. I ALWAYS get a kick out of it, and I never wonder what’s wrong with me – not once, not twice, NOT EVER! I suppose that when you’re young you’re free of the implications of crossdressing, i.e. was I really meant to be a girl, etc. You can just dress-up to your innocent hearts content and have fun! Sounds like heaven to me…

As far as crossdressing being funny, well, yeah, it is, but keep your voice down around here. Once upon there was a thread about that very subject, and the more morose members on this site had a field day with it. Some people have a sense of humor, and a sense of fun, and some don’t, so please be careful. NEVER lose your key to the world of FUN, my friend…