Thread: High Neck Blouses

Tina J

High Neck Blouses

Hi girls.
    Who out there likes wearing high neck blouses, or am I in a minority ?
    My favourites are white Victorian style, so how about sharing our views on this ?
    Tina

I wear them sometimes but in the form of a turtlenec or cowlneck. Another option, if your wardrobe warrants it are silk scarfs.
    Girls just want to have fun... MMMM!

LusciousCarissa
    I love to were high Neck Sweaters during the cold months as it accentuates my face and nice breast lines. It also helps those CD's that may have done some body building shrugs in their time. (Thick Necks) are good to hide. I should try some high neck blouses and see how they are. I'm new here and this site is a huge breath of fresh air! Thanks everyone! Luscious Carissa

Amelie
    I am in the process of making a Cheongasm style dress, a chinese style of dress that has a little collar that sticks up. It's not a high neck collar, but it's the highest I wear.

OH NO,, Julie,,, I hope I don't look like a football player.

Love Amelie

I like chunky turtlenecks. Trouble is, in 30 degress Celsius they look a tad out of place
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Tina J
    Love the dress. Do any of you girls not share my passion for the Victorian/Edwardian look ?. I think these type of blouses are so feminine, and cover up so much. It's just the feel of them I love so much. ( Is this a fetish I ask myself ?)
    Try searching for 'high neck blouse' on e-bay and see what I mean.
    Tina

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    The dress is similar to this one
    my gg lets me wear a dress like that all the time she has like 3 of them
    the fallen angel of love, music, and vengence samanthael fell to earth and fell in love with jay and merged with him. she is him and he is her. they love their friends and their sisters.

Vickie_CDTV
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina J
    Hi girls.
    My favourites are white Victorian style, so how about sharing our views on this ?
    Tina
    I love high neck blouses too. I always thought I was a bit alone in this, since most I know like to show as much skin as they can. In fact, the higher the neck the more I like it. Not too worried about how it makes me look, I don't go out in public and I dress for myself so I don't mind if it makes my neck look big, or it is out of fashion etc.

I love all sorts of blouses, with a high neck or collar. I like Victorian blouses, especially with a lace collar. I also like bow blouses, with a high collar of course and a big bow tied at the neck (these were popular with ladies in the 80s, I wish they would make a comeback). I even like button up-style blouses, buttoned all the way up with a high collar, with a brooch or small necklace around the collar.

My favorite blouses are made of silk, satin, nylon or silky polysters, never anything rough or like a male shirt. Shiny blouses, especially jacquard blouses are some of my favorites. They always have long sleeves, usually with at least one button on the cuffs. I love brooches too, worn at the buttoned collar or on the neck of a high collar blouse.

I am glad to know I am not the only one with a blousey interest

Well with a neck at over 18 inches I don't think I could find one to fit, Tina. But I do like the look.
    DonnaT

The dress is gorgeous Amelie. Normally I prefer lower cut dresses but this one would be an exception.
    I do love soft turtleneck sweaters this time of year, especially with my denim skirts and jeans, but as the weather warms up in a few months, I'll be wearing my T's again.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

I really like the look of turtle necks but my neck is too short to carry it off. I have found that wearing V necks helps to make my neck look longer and thinner.

Amelie, that dress will look great on you, I hope that you take some pictures when you have finished it, oh and yet again I love your new avatar. I wish I had so many great pictures.

No you are not alone. I love the look of the Victorian blouses. I really don't care for the idea of showing a lot of skin. Call me old fashion but that is how i feel about it.

I was just talking to my wife about the same thing yesterday. She asked me what style of clothes I prefered to wear as she has not yet seen me dressed and I explained to her the I really liked the style of the fifties. Like the stuff that Marylin wore when she wasn't trying to secude the entire world. Skirt, blouse, jacket type stuff. What would today be seen as more of a business style. And I think that those types of outfits look really good with high necklines

Of course I also like turtlenecks as well. But only the womens style. Mens turtlenecks that I have found are all sewed down so you can't adjust them to fit you neck length, and I like them to touch the underside of my chin.

huggs
    anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    i have a few of those up the neck types......but for the most part i realy don't care for them too mutch for me a neckless or more ok .............a colar (share the dogs )
    a chocker .......a training colar.............yar!!!!! but a turtle neck........just dosen't do any thing for me

Quote Originally Posted by Tina J
    Hi girls.
    Tina
    Hi Tina

I love the whole Victorian thing, I have a couple of high neck victorian Blouses. I do not get a great chance to wear them though (sob,sob) Winter was made so that a girl can wear turtle neck sweaters (jumpers in in dear old Blighty)

Amelie

I love that dress wow a real stunner, were did you buy it i would love one of those.

Love
    Laura

I am in the process of making a Cheongasm style dress, a chinese style of dress that has a little collar that sticks up. It's not a high neck collar, but it's the highest I wear.

OH NO,, Julie,,, I hope I don't look like a football player.

Love Amelie
    Opps i see you are making it yourself

You clever Girl

Err any chance you might make them for order.

Love
    Laura

Amelie
    Quote Originally Posted by MonaSmith
    I really like the look of turtle necks but my neck is too short to carry it off. I have found that wearing V necks helps to make my neck look longer and thinner.

Amelie, that dress will look great on you, I hope that you take some pictures when you have finished it, oh and yet again I love your new avatar. I wish I had so many great pictures.
    I love your new avatar, Mona.
    I have failed at my first attempt in making this dress. I didn't fully understand the pattern. I only wasted cheap fabric, that I use as a test garment.
    I have a different pattern, that I will try again.

I love your new avatar, Mona.
    I have failed at my first attempt in making this dress. I didn't fully understand the pattern. I only wasted cheap fabric, that I use as a test garment.
    I have a different pattern, that I will try again.
    Good luck with it Amelie, I admire your dedication. I would have given up and gone and bought one. I can build you a house from the ground up, but I am all fingers and thumbs when it comes to sewing.

Thank you for the compliment, it means a lot coming from the queen of Avatars.

High neck Blouses

Definitely high neck for me .... a necessity when one's neck resembles a turkeys!