Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a clandestine clothes washer?

Are you a clandestine clothes washer?

Being as it wash day, for me, I ask the question of you. How do you wash your clothes without being revealed to others? For me this is not a problem, but I am curious how others who have not disclosed themselves to their families or SOs get away with it. Also, how gentle are you with your intimates and your fineries?

Anecdotes welcome!

Always,

Ilsa

I am lucky that my wife knows I dress - in fact doing clothes can be fun
    I can remember some other times do laundry and being nervous

Pam

No problem, living alone. Lingerie is washed in cold water in the sink or on gentle cyle. Hose and wigs are also hand washed in the sink. The red top in your avatar would be washed with similar colors, unless instructions indicate hand wash or dry cleaning.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Ilsa - you do ponder on some funny things... but I can see why you'd think of this one...

Yes - for personal reasons, I do all the household washing, but I still have to have 'ninja-washdays' when certain items of apparel can remain clandestine...

It's not the washing that's the problem - drying and airing takes much longer and things are more exposed... I never tumble dry my delicates... and anything with silk in it gets special wash treatment too - no biologicals, hand wash cycle only...

I have to ask, are US washing machines still the size of a Smart car...? Everything is bigger over there....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

In answer to your question Katey, about the washing machine, it is as big as an Austin Healey and probably smarter than a smart car with lots of programming options and a little musical ditty as well.

I Think Katey said it best: 'ninja-washdays'! I use a stash of Forever New and take the risk of air drying the dedicates...(damn my love of Pantyhose!) There is something to be said about not keeping the Basement tidy. I am hoping to change that soon as I am almost ready to come out to my SO.

What song does it play Hon? "This is the way we wash our clothes.....so early in the morning" ?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

More like I'm going to wash that man right out of my hair!

Platinum Member
    Hi Isha, Not a problem as I do the laundry now that I'm retired.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I am out to the wife, but not family. So when Mother in Law visits, Allison's stuff (mostly underwear) stays in the closet floor until she leaves. A few weeks ago while we visited her, I had to unexpectedly jump into a lake to prevent a drowning. Wgen I got back to the house, my wife took my clothes and put them in the washer. It never occurred to either of us that mother in law would take my clothes out of the dryer and fold them. So when I came upstairs the next morning to get my clothes, I was a little shocked to see my panties folded on top of my dude clothes. Apparently my wife told her they were hers, so crisis avoided

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsa View Post
    In answer to your question Katey, about the washing machine, it is as big as an Austin Healey and probably smarter than a smart car with lots of programming options and a little musical ditty as well.

This may be true, but at least the "electrical system" works as it should .............ah shucks, did I really say that?

I hear you, Desi, and I am quite familiar with the vagaries of British automobiles circa 1960's and 1970's and their confounded electrical systems. The most vexing one ever for me was an Envoy Epic (a then British Vauxhall GM import to Canada) that had an electrical system with a positive ground.

I remember a joke going around at the time to the effect of "Why do the British like warm beer?", the answer being "Because all of their refrigerators have Lucas electrical systems!:

I wash late at night and I put female clothes at the bottom of the hamper, male on top. I make sure I transfer my clothes from the washer to the drier and the drier to the hamper as soon as the cycle is over so no one else accidentally opens the machine and discovers my horrible, earth-shattering secrets.

Also, most of my clothes male or female are the same colors: black, white, and hits of neon. So seeing a bit of pink or bright blue sticking out wouldn't seem out of place to my family.

When you only have minutes, or maybe an hour, to crossdress, your clothes don't require washing very often!

So that's what it's called, ninja washdays.

My wife knows, but doesn't want to see my clothes.

My girl clothes get dropped in their own private bucket. I used to have ninja washday on Sunday while she was in church. As soon as I hear the door slam shut, I grab my dirty clothes bucket. It's typically panties, so i count them out. I don't want one or two strays to get lost. I count them again when they go from the washer to the dryer, and again when they come out. I try to fold the panties during my "maintenance window" (you engineers will understand that), and I roll up the pantihose in a towel. Haven't gotten caught yet, but sometimes it gets pretty scary, especially when the cotton panties need an extra 10 minutes.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Today is also wash day for me. Taking care of 2 children so I always have 2 or 3 loads on Sunday. I usually wash all my girly stuff by hand with woolite or put them in the machine gentle cycle and take them out quick. Funny thing today I forgot a nice Wacoal bra in the drier a big no no and my daughter who knows what I do starts folding it in the same room as my son is grabbing his clothes. What the heck is she thinking. These close calls are scary.

I love a washing machine with a spin speed of 1000rpm or more, makes drying time so much quicker. A must for Ninja Washdays.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

My SO knows everything so washing hasn't been a problem for almost two years now. Matter of fact, the biggest problem we have had is "are these your panties or mine?". Before that though, I use to wash everything while she was at work seeing we work opposite shifts. I am also gentle with everything, mine or hers
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I either hand wash..or it it is REAL fancy schmancy I get it dry cleaned.

Only if I am washing clandestine clothes.

The problem arises if friends notice the washing and there are clothes that my wife would not be seen dead in hanging on the line.

She is not into skater skirts or thongs.

I wear PJ's she wears nighties.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I donot hide my washing. The delicates need to air dry some place.

I wear a bra every day and most of them go into the normal wash.

But I have a few bras that my wife does not know about. I keep them hidden as they are beyond the "pretty, lace limit". I wash these by hand when she is out and dry them behind a door in my study. Sometimes I wish that she would find them so that I can wear them more openly.

Back in the care-free days of my youth, I would wash things when no one was home. Not a difficult task. Nowadays, I follow the manufacturer's instructions when washing things and most general care stuff just goes into the hamper like everything else.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Work at home days can double as wash days

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    What song does it play Hon? "This is the way we wash our clothes.....so early in the morning" ?
    I remember back in the early 60's, my parents had a dryer that played, "How dry I am" when it was done with the cycle.