Thread: Do You Dress Because of your Mood... or does Dressing Change your Mood?

Do You Dress Because of your Mood... or does Dressing Change your Mood?

This question is most likely for those who only dress part-time; after all, those who dress full time or are transitioning/have transitioned dress all of the time anyway. So I guess this is kind of a "which came first?" question for us part-timers.

As for me, there are just times when I feel like dressing so I'd say that my mood dictates my actions. I seldom say to myself, "Gee, I need an attitude change so I'm going to pull on something girlie."

Others?

Lacy PJs

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I try and be proactive. I used to dress only when I felt like I needed to. At that time I suppose that I did both, I dressed because of my mood, and dressing changed my mood. But overall I did not like how I felt. It was very up and down, and I never felt comfortable.

Now I dress in gender non-conforming ways and purposefully dress fully about once ever week or two, regardless of moods. I feel better now.

Yeah, I think it goes both ways, too. Unfortunately, when I dress all the way, I am reminded of my age, lack of makeup skills, and not being able to pass, so I get a little down and just go back to casual.

My body is getting in shape, though.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    ...can i answer no?? and no??? ...dressing dosent change my mood at all...I am the same person, dressing does not make me feel any better..or worse...thats me though...everyones story is going to be different and everyone does this for their own reasons

I used to dress when in the mood but now I under dress quite a bit of the time. But dressing has always mellowed me out and made me a calmer person so I would guess that's a double yes

A fellow part-timer here. I dress when I don't have to work as a boy. It's not a mood thing, although my mood does improve drastically after 5 p.m.

Renne......

Me too. Especially underdressed in the winter. Don't know why, but fall brings the pink fog for me. Visibility is restricted to 38B forms, shaving, camisoles, shoes, pants, feminine smells, etc.

Is there a conference like SCC in the fall?

From last couple of weeks, it is almost a routine now. I tried some of the bra and camisoles which I bought from a thrift store and the experience was awesome. So every week, I am making progress towards looking more like a woman and that inspires me all the time. Can't live without crossdressing.

Yes to both. If I am in the mood, I dress. If I put on a bra [ I usually wear panties] than I get in the mood.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Sometimes when I have a bit of a dirty job, like clean the basement or furnace room I get dressed and it makes cleaning more interesting. Sometimes after a stressful week I will dress pour a drink and it feels like I am someone else just relaxing. Crazy or what?

I'd say it's usually my mood that makes me dress but it seems the older I get, the more the mood strikes me!

I've always been a part time dresser (except for under-dressing, just love those panties) and would only fully dress a few times a month. In the past few years though the desire to dress has become stronger and stronger. I'm not sure why. It's good though.

I guess I used to dress for my mood. Then after I'd get down on myself and feel shame, I guess, about what I did. Nowadays though, over the past year or so, I just dress because its who I am. I've embraced it and I realize that if I didn't dress, there would be some part of me missing, and that's an even worse feeling than shame, at least I think so. It's no good to feel like half of who you are.

Personally, I would say both. When I am in the mood to dress I will, I never try and force myself anymore. However, in the past when I would force myself to dress it just wouldn't feel right and it caused some emotional problems. So now I am strictly dressing when the mood strikes and I couldn't be happier, I guess you could say there has to be a certain balance for me...guy mode -- girl mode (Ying, Yang?) lol. I also think dressing changes my mood, I feel alot more relaxed and calm, its a huge stress reliever for me.

Basically I dress when I'm in the mood to dress.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

my mood sometimes makes me want to dress but also there is other times where my mood has no effect on my dressing in my feminine clothing. Lately it has just been natural when not having to wear mens clothing(work) which I will usually underdress, I find it relaxing and normal to be in my feminine attire on daily basis around the house

I find that if I haven't been able to dress in awhile , which I haven't due to the heat and work load, I get these "desires" to dress and have to dress in some sort of form. Usually my SO is encouraging it at that point lol I most certainly think it calms me quite a bit. Though I agree with the other girls that I am still the same person
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

yes! ....................................... ; )

I spend a lot of time in the closet, because that's where my clothes are.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    As a part-time cross-dresser I have to say my mood dictates my dressing actions as well.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Er! Yes, from here also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Since I am a part time dresser I find that once I am in for the evening I get dressed. Simple skirt, cami and flats, very comfortable. If I stay in drab I just don't feel right. My wife will even comment on why I am not in a skirt. I dress to feel right, and the soothing feeling of normalcy changes how I feel. Once dressed I feel very calm and natural.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

If I don't dress for a while it builds up. When I'm dressed I feel ...normal... When I'm not dressed I always feel somewhat unsatisfied.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lacy, I dress for a few hours every Morning and a couple hours a few Evenings a week.
    It's just who I am and it's just what I do.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It's mood and situation that brings Tina to the surface, and then she is the fulfillment! Maybe that's one reason Tina is such an intense joy.

Careful I bite <3
    Both and neither. I get excited about doing things better and better with practice, and figuring out how to improve my look. It also does start building up just a bit of stress if I can't express myself in too long a time.

On the other hand, I can and have been happier as a guy than a lot of my time as a girl.

I'm usually in the mood to dress but there are times I put it off for a variety of reasons. Those reasons include (but are not limited to):

1. Limited female wardrobe - I don't want to wreck what I have if I'm about to do some sort of physical labor
    2. Forms - expensive and don't want to wreck them
    3. Makeup - putting on makeup and then going out to repair the fence or change the oil in the car seems ... silly. I doubt GGs would either, especially when the heat is pretty bad.
    4. When someone who hasn't ever seen me before dressed wants to take it slowly.

I think I'm always in the mood, just some times it's not practical because of the reasons above. I'm in the mood right now but see #4 above.

~Mel
    ~Linebacker Melissa