Thread: Stressing out the clerk

Stressing out the clerk

I just went down to pick up a few items;, milk, butter, a snack (yay, venison jerky!)

I did this in a spaghetti strap cami, girl shorts and sandals. (Rings, paint and ponytail are obligatory)

He looked almost everywhere else but me }:>

I'm not 'eeevil', am I?

(I'm built like a linebacker, covered in soft brown fur. NOBODY is going to *ever* confuse my gender. My presentation?? Yah, that is what freaks the mundanes. I'm a frilly girl with *shoulders*. DEAL!)

/swish

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Nah, moose, you likely stressed the clerk out mainly because he deduced that by picking up that venison jerky, you were planning to eat one of your own. Cannibalism is not considered acceptable in polite company.

Touche, Leslie }:>
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I have never had a bad experience with a clerk, they seem to take it all in stride.

Careful I bite <3
    I've had a few that are uncomfortable, a few that want to giggle, and quite a few compliments too so w/e.

Platinum Member
    Hi MM, You like playing mind games with them.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Most of the time when the clerk does a double take on me (in drab) is when I'm buying makeup. Some have gotten used to seeing me but the young ones are the most fun. I was buying lipstick one day ( yes red) and the clerk looked at me when she got to the lipstick and said , did you want this ? I said yes, i put it in my basket myself. Finished my purchase and said have a nice day, smiled and went on my way.

Its even more fun when My wife is with me and we are buying lingere.

Banned Read only
    Is it possible he TOO is a CDer?

And simply found you too HOT and irresistible to look at?

Perhaps he has been looking for someone just like you his entire life?

WAH, you certainly know how to flatter a girl }:>

-:MM

Blue Orchid: Maybe I do... l know that I like challenging people's assumptions.

}:>

- MM
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 07-16-2014 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Merged - Please use the multi quote button

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Nah, moose, you likely stressed the clerk out mainly because he deduced that by picking up that venison jerky, you were planning to eat one of your own. Cannibalism is not considered acceptable in polite company.
    A bit OT, but why don't we have a, like, +1 button or something? haha

and now on topic! I really don't care if I stress out the clerks or not. Every job has its own stressful parts to it. (like me, I'm being yelled to that we need more ribs on the grill, when we have no more ribs (). A specific situation I can recall was the other day while at the mall. I was buying my second bra, I now own 2! count em 2! bras!. Anyways, I walked up the woman cashier and she was looking everywhere but me. Like, literally away from me. She didn't even look at the bra as she was scanning it, since she missed it a few times. I said "Have a nice day!" then she just mumbled like "Yea....you too...kbye" kind of a thing. So I don't care about freaking out clerks, its my business to buy, its their job to ring me up.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Reality Check
    I don't take pride in stressing out people because I don't like being stressed out myself. At the checkout counter, I try to be as pleasant and efficient as possible. Being a store clerk is not the greatest job in the world and probably not something that person dreamed of becoming when he/she was a child.

Only had one clerk really get a little flustered with me. Most take it in stride, some are complementary and give me a big smile. Hey maybe we're the change of pace of their day.

Im usually shopping in guy mode, during lunch breaks and all that. I've only encountered ladies so far, but not one of them has ever made a remark or batted an eye. I think they just want to make a sale, and would sell to an aardvark if he has a Visa card! I did have an older lady at a thrift store ask me once if a blouse was for me. I know I blushed, but I said jokingly "yes, do you think it will look good on me?" She had a twinkle in her eye, patted my hand and said "I think it will look lovely on you dear". i smiled all the way home.

Most clerks just want to make a sale and be helpful. That is my experience, but some men just have a hard time with it. It's a shame because we won't bite...hard. LOL. Austin Powers reference.

Careful I bite <3
    I bite <3

As do I

"Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti"

I don't dress in order to stress out the mundanes, I dress to make myself feel like me. I'm just surprised at how *much* non-conforming presentation makes people uncomfortable.

- MM

Silver Member
    Over the years I've had all kinds of reactions. Some good and some different. Until the late 70s I can't remember a bad one. Well, other than one store manager that insisted that "no one wears nylon panties everyday, you need to buy rayon. They are cheaper and last as long" 1959 and i was buying day of the week panties. From 50s to 70s most women's clothes were sold at women's stores and a few large department stores. I never had a problem. In the 70s I had a store manager loudly ask, "How did your slips fit?" in front of a bunch of women. I said, Fine. I dated more than one SA that was aware the clothes were for me.

A while ago the cashier at a discount store asked me if the bras were for me. When I said yes she said they will go good with your eyes so the cashier behind her could hear. I'm sure she thought I was joking, but I assured her I thought they would go with my outfit. If she had looked at my chest she would have easily seen my bust and the pretty lace bra I had on. The other gal saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    As do I

"Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti"

I don't dress in order to stress out the mundanes, I dress to make myself feel like me. I'm just surprised at how *much* non-conforming presentation makes people uncomfortable.

- MM
    Causing people stress isn't a goal for me all though I have been occasionally accused of "mock and shock." I recognize my presence could be shocking but will counter that if I am the worst thing that happens to you in a given day it's probably not that bad of a day!
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Isn't it weird how folks really don't like it when people don't "do what society says they're supposed to do" when it comes to gender presentation!

If you really looked liked you described yourself as (spaghetti strap cami, girl shorts, sandals, rings, paint and ponytail .. but are built like a linebacker, and covered in soft brown fur) then I'm guessing he'd never seen anyone presenting like that before. I think it's pretty awesome that you can go out there and have the confidence to "own it"!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Rachel M: That is really me. I'm 6'2", 235# size 14 pants and 22 top. 12W shoes. Beard...

And earrings, rings and painted toes, toe rings, painted fingers, ponytail and lashes so long they smudge my glasses.

I'm a girl *AND* a boy. Like I said in another thread, we are both in here.. we just take turns driving.

<3

- MM

Moose,
    I think you have an evil scheming mind.

Enjoy it without hurting anyone I say.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.