Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many times have you stopped dressing up?

I've never purged anything but I have stopped dressing for long periods. Currently, the last time I dressed was around 2011 I think.

Ive purged three times regretfully.I had to get new forms makeup ect. I had a lot of cute clothes. The last time was about 5 years ago,like you i know this is who i am and enjoy it.Its a rush to have to have a dress or shoes when you see them. I have 16 dresses tons of shoes skirts tops ect.and i will never purge again.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by mia27
    How many times have you stopped dressing up? I keep wanting to quit, but then i dont!! Somedays i just want to be all girly, and others i hate that i am that way.
    I’ve stopped a couple of times, simply because my situation left no time for crossdressing. I always knew I would pick it up later, and I had something to look forward to. It’s much like getting back on the proverbial bicycle and going for a really interesting “ride.” I don’t want to quit, but, truth be told, I know it’s impossible…

I never hate wanting to be “girly,” rather I relish the unalterable fact and slip into something WAY more comfortable. Don’t waste your time hating your “self,” my dear, just DO it…

I have purged a few times in my life and I am sorry I did! I wish I did not because I threw away so many really nice things and wish I still had it all.
    I had great shoes which are so hard to find in my size(12).
    Never again!! I love the things I have now.
    Also I so relate to dumping everything when a girl I just met rocked my world. I thought I was done with cross dressing.
    Then before I knew it I was trying her things on!!
    Anyway this is me and no more purging, ever!
    Girls do NOT throw your things away. If you are feeling that way just pack your things up and store them.
    I assure you that you will go back to them sooner or later.

Purged atleast a dozen times. Made it about two years without dressing at one point. The desires always sneak back, and end up dressing again. A lot of nice clothes and shoes have been donated or trashed over the years. Now, I keep enough stuff around to dress when Im really in the mood but keep it stored most of the time. That way it doesn't consume me and can present as a male most of the time which Im happy to do.

I really have not stopped since I was sixteen.
    Always have worn women's nightwear or gone naked in the world.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sometimes in the evening, when I'm really exhausted, I completely lose the desire to dress. But when I wake up the next morning, it's back with a vengeance.

I only dressed all the way a few times for Halloween over the years. The MCC church I attended knew me as a sort of straight guy with an open mind and they loved it when I went en femme a couple times. I am a big guy with a powerful bass voice and never even entertained the idea of going anywhere en femme except on Oct 31. I was lucky enough to have a GF when I was young that loved my dressing and my wife loved it as wel.l We were only together for a year and a half but we really enjoyed our matching nightgowns etc.
    Over the last several years I have found my desire to wear my fave item -Peignoirs- has diminished greatly. I love to look at them and watch all the stories about TG in every aspect and I have all the TG movies. I used to come home after a long rough day, shower and slip into a long peignoir and sit back in my LazyBoy and listen to quiet music for hours. Even that has seriously diminished.

Is this a common loss as we age? Anyone else losing the desire?

I've dressed for around 66 years, in that time, I've purged once completely, where I threw out everything I owned, and once where I threw out most of what I had. The first purge, was as my first marriage was breaking up, and I moved back in with family for a while. The second time was after I got married the second time, and was feeling guilty about the dressing, and planned on quitting for ever. Forever lasted about 5 years, then a few years latter, life got busy, and I stopped dressing for about 3 years. For the last 30+ years I've dressed at will, never thought of slowing down or quitting again. Now the closes I come to a purge, is throwing out faded, stretched, torn, or just plain ugly mistakes of shopping. After all, a girl has to make room for all of the next seasons great buys!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Im 57 i cant count the times i have tried to quit. but i came to accept that this is a big part of me.and noone or nothing will change who i am. Im more at peace now.

Purging? I can't even remember, but I'm sure it's double digits.
    As for Stopping...never. A purge always turned out to be a closet clearing event, not a stoppage in play...lol.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

When I was younger (< 25) I purged and tried to stop two or three times. After the last one, I realized I was wasting time and money and just kept dressing instead.

Aspiring Member
    One thing I did learned to do instead of purging I just pack it away there are times when I do stop dressing but I always start back up again. As of right now I haven't dressed in a month or two although I want to but right now I am unable to do it.

I have purged a few times in the past, and there has been times that the purge lasted for many years.

but now that my wife and family knows about Raychel, I cant see that happening again.

Yes life can be confusing, but once you earn to accept this is just part of you, it does get easier.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I stopped dressing up when I was 16. Seemed like I kind or grew out of it. I just recently started doing it again when I ask my wife what she thought about it. So now I do it everyday.

Aspiring Member
    I have not had a purge since I was about 15 or 16. From about 12 to 16 I had several purges. I remember one time I dug a very deep hole and buried my cloths. The last time I think I burned them. I would stop for a few weeks then start back up again.

I then stopped CDing for more than a decade until I was much older and well out of collage. Never had a purge since.......... and don't plan to

Over my lifetime? Too numerous to count. Never of my own volition, except for the last time which was totally my choice. Since then I manage the dressing well along with a real life and a real accepting GF. Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    I've never purged. I have amassed too many lovely dresses and undergarments. I've gone without being en femme for several months at a time due to my wife being home for the summer from work. I wouldn't call it purging. I should go through my dresses and slips are donate those that no longer fit or out of style.

I have purged at least three times voluntarily... decided to "be a man" ...and at least once without my approval (I was a kid a couple hundred miles from home and mom "cleaned" my room.) ...none of these cessations lasted longer than a month or two... though knowing that my mother knew scared the crap out of me and made me get better at hiding. Lol ...as an aside, she and I had "the talk" a couple of years ago, and she's still not what I'd call supportive.
    ...pretty much the only thing that's changed since the last big purge is that I've started accepting that this IS me and that it will never go away, ever. ...I still keep pretty quiet about it in my day to day life, but just because it isn't busy doesn't mean it isn't open... like 7-11. Lol
    Last edited by JessMe; 08-06-2014 at 09:27 PM.

I only underdress. I have purged two or three times in the past, but never for long enough to say that I stopped dressing up. Each time it has only been a week or two before I bought some more feminine underwear.

I now know that purging is a waste of money and I will always start wearing again. I am pretty confident that I will never purge again.

I couldn't say exactly how many times i have tried to suppress who i really am but what i can say is i wish i could go back and feel the way i do now.. I'm done with all the hiding and lying to myself, the depression and anxiety. I'm out and noone is stopping me now
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.

I purged everything about 17 years ago while going thru a bad divorce. The non dressing period lasted about 5-6 years until I came out to my second wife.

I've never stopped and never purged, but can go really long times without it. By contrast, I've dressed up two nights in a row just now. There's no way to predict.

never stopped nor wished to stop