Thread: Making Progress

Making Progress

I am in Portland and Seattle this week for work. Last night I stayed with my cousin and her two sons. After I was finished with work for the day I shed those terrible male clothes and changed into my desired look. My cousin is totally supportive of me transitioning. I took them out for dinner. I was so proud of the way her 9 and 16 year old sons treated me. Not one bit of difference! We had a wonderful dinner at a local Japanese steak house. I just can't believe that people are being this kind. I know it sounds silly but it meant so much to me!
    Suzanne

You are making such great progress. I am falling so far behind you it will be difficult to catch up.

At least one of us is winning. and not treading water.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Platinum Member
    That was really great! Your family is responding so wonderfully.

Re: getting out of drabs -I can empathize. I work away from home several weeks per month and I am so grateful to shed those male garments at the end of the day.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

So happy for you, Suzanne! You've obviously got a pretty wonderful extended family.
    And it's definitely NOT silly, Silly!

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Suzanne, what a lovely family!

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Congratulations Suzanne. Life moves forward and so do you. Miki, as you know this is not a contest and you are probably ahead of others on a similar path. Don't compare, just do and live. I will miss both of you Friday night.

Hello,

I'am an Oregonian and can testify that most of the population in the greater North west are extremely accepting of LGBT. Also there are strong diversity laws in place here in Oregon, not sure about Washington.
    SRS January 27

I have family in Washington and I can attest to the states tolerance level. It is an amazing place. I myself have not been there, but talking with my family, they talk very highly of Washington.