Thread: An old sage gives advice

An old sage gives advice

Today I was shopping at Haight -Ashbury Vintage Clothes, where there was a young man trying on gowns for a gay prom he was attending. He cane out of the dressing room to show his girl friends, saw me and turned to go back into the dressing room. I said, "hold on, come here and give us a Vanna. "so he came out and modeled the pretty pink gown for us. I could tell he was a little worried about this old guy in a jean jacket, so I pulled out my iPhone and scroled through some pictures of me dressed, while saying, "55 years ago my mother caught me trying on my sister's dress, and I have been marching out of uniform ever since. "this seemed to relax the mood so I made some suggestions about bra size and showed him how to tape for cleavage. He was very grateful for the advice, as this is his first time dressing. I said, "I'll bet it won't be your last. "
    One of the girls with him said she was going to the prom as his "date "and said she didn't know what to wear. I suggested she rent a tux

Unfortunately, I didn't find anything for me, but this store had a lot of larger sizes, so if your ever in San Francisco...
    Last edited by Cara Lacey; 07-17-2014 at 01:19 AM.

Ahh that's sweat. I bet he felt it was his lucky day. I mean come on how big is the chance that one meets a CD at a dressing room and it being your first dress up. I know astronomical!
    do not label me for i am unique

Way to go Cara. I was just there a couple of weeks ago to get my grand daughter's ear pierced (Mom's Piercing and Tattoos) and to buy her some birthday gifts for her sweet 17th. Success all around. We have been there twice recently and will be heading back soon. Unfortunately, Grandpa was, and will be, in male mode. A great place to walk around, watch others and actually shop for some unique clothing, some new and some not.

Nice one! If I may say so Cara, you are one Ballsy lady!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cara Lacey View Post
    He was very grateful for the advice, as this is his first time dressing. I said, "I'll bet it won't be your last. "
    Nice story. You could be right, but maybe not. A lot of guys dress for an occasion like this or Halloween, etc. who see it as a lark with no internal crossdressing drive nor satisfaction derived from it. But you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_K View Post
    Ahh that's sweat. I bet he felt it was his lucky day. I mean come on how big is the chance that one meets a CD at a dressing room and it being your first dress up. I know astronomical!
    Why the surprise, Linda? It was Haight-Ashbury, after all. You know...the moon was in the Seventh House, and Jupiter aligned with Mars. The Age of Aquarius.

Karma, Baby!

Careful I bite <3
    Great way to disarm the situation and turn it into more fun for everyone.

Cara,
    I bet that interlude gave you a wonderful feling.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.