Thread: I love my wife.

I love my wife.

As some of you know I have been on pins and needles concerning coming out to my wife and how she feels.

This morning I received a huge sign from a positive direction.

I was looking at FaceBook and found something that she had shared that made my heart jump.

It was this video of a Mother speaking out about her trans daughter: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ref=gay-voices

I watched the video and by the end, I was crying.

My wife made the simplest of comments with her share. It was the emoticon for love, the heart.

Things are looking much better than I thought. Keeping my fingers crossed for when she's ready to continue our talk.

Liz
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

So...you have or have not come out to your wife?

Elizabeth,
    Thanks so, so much for posting this. This is on its way to a lot of people I know, some even know Bobbi. My tears are dry now, and am recommitting myself to letting others know who we are.

Bobbi

It sounds like she's trying to open a dialog with you. strike while the irons hot.
    I'd seen the video before, and it made me cry. What a positive attitude.
    Good luck!

It sounds like she's open-minded and empathetic, which is a huge plus. That's still no guarantee she wants to stay married to a woman. I've certainly met former couples who remain good friends and mutual supporters but for whom romance wasn't in the cards. Best of wishes in all fronts! Having her support would make things easier regardless of how it all plays out.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

Liz
    Good luck! Remember that her acceptance and support can grow. My wife is
    Far more comfortable with me now than 6 months ago. That is even with me having progressed much further as far as being out and living as a woman more. I continue to take steps and pray she can stay with me.
    I will be thinking of you!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Yes April, I have dropped the bomb on her and now I am waiting for her to come to terms with this enough so we can discuss things further. She needs time to take it all in.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Sometimes you need to listen to the smallest of voices.

I saw that speech, it was powerful and meaningful. If she shared it with you, then maybe she sees things you are not aware she sees.

Talk to your partner. Ask her about it. She may see things about you that you don't know that she sees.

Partners are pretty good at reading each other... knowing when something is wrong or knowing when you are troubled. This may be an opportunity to bring up something that you are afraid of, and that she sees but is hesitant to discuss.

I think you should swallow your fear and roll the dice, hon. She is either on board with you or she isn't. That 'truth' won't change from talking about it, but it will help you understand where you stand.

The truth is better than a comfortable lie, sweetie.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder