Thread: Having a great day - what can I say

Having a great day - what can I say

Having a great day to today at work. Getting tons of things done. I notice this happens when Erin shows up. I am here in drab, but yesterday I manicured (should that be "womancured" ) my nails so they are in good shape and very smooth and buffed. No polish just "au natural". My hands are very smooth due to constant moisturizing and no hair, slim fingers, so they look quite feminine, at least to me. So as I sit and type, I see Erin's hands and my brain immediately relaxes. I can focus, get more done, and just feel overall better. I also notice that my mannerism have changed, much more female that male. More women are stopping me in the hallway and coming into my office to say hi and chat. It is most bizarre. I also notice that I am able to listen better, really hear what people are saying and have more meaningful conversations. Probably because I am relaxed and focussed, being in the moment, not distracted by thinking about being Erin, but being Erin. You know? Or is it just me and this is a bit weird? Whichever, just having a great day and just so very happy that I have other gals to share this with.

Hugs,

Erin

Erin,
    I'm not sure I'm any more efficient than usual, but I do like to see some nicely polished nails flitting over a keyboard - sadly mine aren't painted a hot pink right now, but like yours they are buffed and oiled... as long as I don't have to do any gardening now...

A bit weird? Perhaps... but doesn't that go with the turf.. ?

Glad to hear you're having a good day...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hey Erin, i experience something similar. Relaxed and paying more attention to others thoughts. Empathetic if you will. Its a good thing so i try to embrace it.
    Not surprised the woman got more chatty. I think en femme mentally puts out a certain energy people respond to. Your day sounded upbeat and positive. Im truly happy for you.

Careful I bite <3
    Sounds like a great day! Interesting to read.

Thanks, it was a great day!

Erin

Thanks, it was a great day! I was wondering how it feel "reviving" Erin, at least internally, and a bit physically. I was surprised at how quickly and naturally I slipped into that persona after all these years. But then again, it really is just me being me isn't it? I think I am getting to find a nice balance of what will work for me ! One a side note....I had a session after work today with my athletic therapist (nagging rescue injury) and there were 2 other female therapist, 2 other female clients and myself, all in one big room receiving treatments for our various pulled muscles. Boy oh boy, was I out numbered. But we had a all had a great chat - about what their husbands or boyfriends say about how they look when going out and how long it takes to get ready etc, I was was chiming right in and none of them thought anything of it. We were all laughing and chatting. It was awesome!

Thanks again for your kind thoughts.

chat soon

Erin

Erin

Thanks Katey. You really have some great insights. I appreciate it.

Erin

Beverley is always more relaxed than her counterpart.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congrats on your great day!

You are lucky to be able to switch so easily. If I had some clothing/accessory or lightly colored nails I would not be able to concentrate at all! If I'm alone in the house and decide to go to bed wearing some negligee I just can't sleep at all, since I would be too excited about what I am wearing. The following morning I'd suffer for my lack of sleep. So congrats for being able to function more than properly!

You know, I'm having a great day too! I went shopping today all over the place and had a great time, even though I didn't really buy anything. Everybody I met called me ma'am, and they were all so sweet and nice, it just made my day. There must be something in the CD air today!