Thread: sharing 1 of my stories.

sharing 1 of my stories.

I haven't been on the site for a LONG while due to shame of myself I guess. but my gf has come to accept me and who I am and she even helps me buy clothes.

1 of the more interesting stories that happened about 3 months ago was I decided to walk around the shopping center 3 block from my house. So I got all dressed short sleeve tshirt, shorts, t strap sandals.. (dressing to fit in) and ponytail. it was about 11 pm here in florida and so I left the house walking down the road toward the shopping plaza as I entered the parking lot, the first place that I see is the bar (that I used to work at and I know 90% of the patrons there) so I slid threw the edge of the parking lot to the back side of the long L shaped building. The back door of the bar was closed where they always go out to talk and smoke their bud. So I kept going. Making haste, I kept going around behind the grocery store and I just stopped for a moment under a street light noticing that I was out in public at night dressed as a woman. no where to run, no where to hide. "I am a woman" I said out loud. This is who and what I was suppose to be. but I was somehow cheated and now I have to live the rest of my life covering it up and hiding it even from my own bigot mother who wasn't a bigot until she married a bigot! go figure... So I kept walking relaxed a little more now that I know that no one else is back behind the shopping center. I was also keeping a sharp eye out for hiding spots if I did see a car or someone coming. I got to the far end of the back of the spopping center and came around toward the front. Just before I got into the light, I noticed a woman in a car at the pizza place. I noticed that she saw me but I just kept scanning the big parking lot with my eyes and kept my ears tuned for any sounds. I could hear that woman talking to herself saying "come on, you can do it", "come on". another woman did not bother me for some reason. but the though of a guy catching me would create problems. I kept hearing he voice coaxing me out but I never looked back at her. my eyes just kept scanning. So I slowly stepped out into the light and started walking back. I saw a few cars at the cvs and some at the taco bell but I just kept going. They were too far away to see any details of me even though I was walking right in front of all the stores with lights on right above me. And soon I crossed the pizza place that had all their lights on and lit me up like daytime. I could still hear that woman do it... do it... you can do it... I glanced over and none of the employees noticed me as I walked past. So I kept going. my heart was pounding so at the middle of the L shaped building, there was a passage to get to the back of the building that I took and then made my way back home. this was all VERY hard for me because there is a 2 bars, a jym, a cvs, and sweetbay, and a mcdonalds all in the same parking lot.

This was one of my first outing when I know other people saw me. I am (when brave enough) walking to the shopping center about 1 mile from home but still at night. I need to build confidence. I want to be able to go into a store and buy something.

Careful I bite <3
    You are pretty brave for doing that! Where in Florida are you from? I'm from South Florida, but I live in Orlando for now. Hopefully not too long though, I love SFL.
    Last edited by Badwolf; 07-17-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Try and find some other gurls in your area to go out with. Strength in numbers. It sounds to me like you think a hate crime is definitely gonna happen. Or everyone you know is gonna surround you and laugh. Or a police chopper is gonna put a spotlight on you and announce your precense. There is no shame, there is no guilt. There is only your fears that cannot stand against the woman inside you.
    Despite your fears, you did manage to make it pretty far. Just keep telling yourself when your out, your just another gal on the street. Many here have said being confident you belong is helpful in keeping the bigots away. Own it, with everything you have. Stay strong girl, i b believe in you!

Good for you!

In some ways, I think it is kind of like the way you feel before going to the dentist to get work done. You anticipate that needle in your gums, you think about the smoky smell coming out of your mouth from the drill. But when it is over..

It wasn't as bad as your fears were.

I'm not suggesting that it is safe for us gurls walking out in public, you DO have to be vigilant. But our own doubts speak SO LOUDLY that sometimes we miss how unnoticed we are by the average civilian.

Again, good for you!!

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Yeah, that certainly takes a lot of guts, or "b*lls" hehe. As liberating as that was, I hope you took the time to make some kind of "plan" should things not go as planned. From your story, it sounds like you were sneaking around the backside of a building at night, which might invite a lot of suspicion from a lot of people. I applaud you for have the courage to do something like this, but in the end, being safe and able to do it again is still the name of the game, not too mention what might happen should law enforcement be called about a suspicious individual sneaking around the backside of a building in the dark. Also, there's always the chance that you could be mistaken for a "pro" working in the shadows behind the building. IMO, you should think about all of the things that could possibly go wrong and have some kind of plan to deal with them in the event that they happen, just to be safe.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Out by yourself at night walking around a shopping center skulking around corners is a bit on the dangerous side.
    Even back alleys sound bad to me.
    Try going out in the daytime with your GF it would be safer.

I am with Traci on this one. I would never go out on foot at night, no matter how I am dressed; skulking around the buildings will only attract unwanted attention (from yahoos, criminals and cops). If you must do this, then please walk a dog, the larger the better. Your safest place is in a crowd, in a well lighted area at night or in the daytime. The first thing that muggers will do is to make sure that there's no one else in the area to see them while you're getting mugged and will approach from behind if they can, so you need to have eyes behind and you can't look in 2 directions at once.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I agree...walking around dressed is a thrill....walking around at night in uncrowded areas or poorly lit areas is a bit scary to me...

It can be very liberating, but I agree with some of the other girls that it can be dangerous doing it at that time and those places. Better to just go for a drive a little earlier and stop by a mall or just go get some groceries, hon.

Bethany

It is a nice story fraught with danger.
    Find some friends, there is safety in numbers.
    A lone girl will be noticed straight away, it takes longer to notice even two together.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.