Thread: Dreams keep happening

Dreams keep happening

I have not been dressing lately, because I haven't really felt like doing it alone. When I have gone to sleep I have had the same dream twice in the last 5 days where I am going through Victoria's Secret or Fredericks of Hollywood and walking with a saleswomen having her show me the different thongs and matching bras that they have. I keep waking up right as I go into the dressing room.

Does anyone else have these dreams?

I do dress alone most of the time (at home), but I'm sure I have similar dreams. I just don't remember them. I still have the occasional dream that I'm dressed in front of a family member and they don't seem to notice.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Sounds like you need some shopping time with a GG to me. I havnt had any CD related dreams yet. Im still relatively new to this. I think sometimes dreams have meaning and provide insight into our pysche.

Anyone can have dreams about what's been prevalent in their minds as of late. When your mind is deluged with thoughts of CDing, it's no wonder that other "connections" you have made with CDing, such as perusing the VS or Frederick's website are brought out of the "filing system" in your mind and manifests itself with other CD inspired thoughts. Heck, even other things from years and years ago that were connected with CDing, or clothing, or the like can be brought out of the filing system of the mind and introduced into the current scheme of "related" thoughts. Your mind is constantly updating the information it has processed and is "moving" this information around and establishing new connections with older information and new information. Most of this "housekeeping" is done while we sleep because the brain's duties while we sleep are reduced as compared to the brain's duties while we are awake. I have CD related dreams all the time, some benign, some more explicit.
    Last edited by Desirae; 07-17-2014 at 06:54 PM.

I don't really remember my dreams but I've had a crossdressing dream before where my friends socialized with me dressed and paid no attention to it. Dressing by yourself is no fun. We spend so much time preparing ourselves just to sit around the house. Sometimes, taking pictures or maybe video chatting with a fellow crossdresser (if you are brave enough) helps. I know it does for me until I get the courage to go out dressed up again.

i always dress alone, but recently I've been having dreams that I get caught. I always start to ague at first then it goes to just saying that I don't care. Lucy Lou xx

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I've had dreams where I was wearing high heels whilst in drab (this was before I ever fully cross-dressed) and no one seemed to notice or care. And I could never remember how I got there or where my "guy" shoes were; these usually were dreams of being at a school or a family member's house.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I did a research paper on dreams about 25 years ago. Desirae's post reminds me of some of the books I read back then, so I have to agree with her. There are several theories of why we dream, and it's an interesting topic. There's a reason we don't remember dreams IIRC, but problems we have can be solved through dreaming about them.

Anyway, I know I had crossdressed dreams last night even though I don't recall anything else about them. I'm sure I have similar dreams every night. The only time dreams are remembered (in detail) is when awoken during them.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Last night I had a dream that I nearly deleted my eyebrows by trimming them with an electric razor. I filled in the eyebrows with eyeliner and looked ridiculous (en drab) and was embarrassed when people say me. More of a nightmare!

I have dreams that I can dance like Ginger Rogers in my 6" heels....there is definitely something wrong with me!

I know I dream but couldn't tell you what they are. My wife says some must be very sexy as she says she knows when I'm dreaming and some make me aroused. She also made me go to a sleep clinic once and they said I have restless leg and that I had kicked over four hundred times that night. They also said my brain had never really shut down all night.. I asked them could you tell what I was dreaming ? They replied no.... Only the activity.... I thought I was about to be outed.

When I was younger and didn't understand what all these feelings of wearing female cloths were all about I use to dream all the time about wearing heels, bras and etc. As soon as I got older and started dressing the dreams went away.

Erika said: "I keep waking up right as I go into the dressing room."

I suppose the dressing room means you're ready to dress up and go public, but it may have nothing to do with crossdressing. It may mean you're ready to improve how you present yourself to the public, maybe displaying more "feminine traits" like caring, or a more attractive personality etc.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I have transgender dreams all the time. Why wouldn't I? Dreams are some kind of way that the mind processes the thoughts of the day and I think tg, ts, and cd thoughts all the time. Unless the dream is really distinctive, or happens more than once I don't pay any attention. In your case, Erika, it has happened twice in 5 nights so it is probably important.

It is interesting that you wake up before you actually try on the clothes. What do you think that means?

Platinum Member
    Hi Erika, That dream is just a fantasy that hasn't come true yet.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thank you everyone for your idea's on what it may mean. I hope to make it happen in real life soon. Anyone live in MA that would like to go out sometime?

I dream as a woman shopping, working, dining, partying, socializing...
    They are in Technicolor, very real and last for a long time.
    I have been dreaming like this since early adolescence.

Dang I hate to wake up from those! Such a tease!
    "Missed it by that much!"

Quote Originally Posted by chloe44c View Post
    When I was younger and didn't understand what all these feelings of wearing female cloths were all about I use to dream all the time about wearing heels, bras and etc. As soon as I got older and started dressing the dreams went away.
    Same here, I had these dreams from when I was maybe 8 to 20 years old, usually I'd be in public wearing only a pretty full slip!
    Once I started buying my own wardrobe, the dreams went away...

I have cd dreams quite often.They're not always the same,but they almost always involve being in public in just my panties.

girly girl
    The only CD-related dreams I seem to have are ones where I am embarrassingly trying to cover my "breasts" by crossing my arms. I'm always clothed in these dreams, but I never seem to know if I'm wearing boy clothes or girl clothes.
    Just once I'd like to have a super-realistic dream where I'm a full-blown girl and feel great about it!

Sejd
    Dreams are really important. I encourage everyone to remember their dreams as they are in fact messages from your unconscious. It is a helpful directive and something to think about. Make it your guide and friend on your journey.

I have the occasional dream of being out in public and suddenly realizing I have a skirt or a pair of heels on, and then completely freaking out. I have other awesome fantasy dreams about battles and adventures, but the crossdressing dreams are always filled with anxiety. I haven't been having them as often since I've told a handful of people and can talk about it every once in a while though.

I'm almost always crossdressed in my dreams, although I've never dreamed about shopping. I used to have the dram about showing up some place and realizing I was crossdressed. I actually still have such dreams, but they've changed from bad dreams to good dreams.

Sejd
    I have read and worked with TG dreams for the past 5 years and there are some dreams which repeats themselves for all the dreamers. The first one I would say is the longing to be accepted the way we are. The second is the shame that many feels when they dream that they get caught. Then there are the more long and complicated dreams that needs a lot of work to analyse. I am curently working on an academic article about Trans Gender clients in therapeutic or clinical care. I welcome anyone who want to share their dreams with me. I dream TG dreams all the time and it is a way for me to navigate my different gender expressive life. Dreams are important and never nonsense.