Thread: A first for me. A feel good post.

A first for me. A feel good post.

All very spur of the moment, a couple I know got married at city hall on Friday, and have invited me to their outdoor reception Sunday.
    The bride, and my sister will be the only ones who know I'm trans, and my plan is no tell, no explanations. I am who I am. This is the first wedding I will have attended as my real self, and I feel blessed to be included.
    The extra bonus- The unofficial theme is Garden Party- Dresses and hats please. Recently I found the perfect summer hat, but rarely have occasion to wear it!
    Sometimes just being included is such wonderful recognition.

Enjoy the day being you Paula
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Banned Read only
    Go, enjoy, be you!

Silver Member
    Nice! Sounds like it will be fun. And I want to say I've enjoyed watching you on your journey, you've been very inspiring.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I know a fun time will be had by all, and especially by you being yourself. It is so good to be invited as Paula.

Enjoy

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    Sometimes just being included is such wonderful recognition.
    T

Ain't that the truth!
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

You are even more lucky if you are one of those who can wear hats!

Gold Member
    Have a blast Paula! And life is at it should be.....

I wish I could find a hat to fit my melon head!

Platinum Member
    Hope you had a wonderful time!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Enjoy, Paula!

A suggestion: If it really is an outdoor/garden party wear flats! Teetering to keep your heels from sinking into the ground is not fun!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Thanks Persephone, I wore wedges. I once went to a white party, in a huge tent in a field. First I tried walking on grass...no go...then I took off my shoes and walked. When I got to the tent there was a big pile of sneakers, and a hundred women in nice CLEAN white heels. Duh!

Yes, I had a wonderful time. When I first started coming out as TS, my sister would bring me to her social events, to drag me out of the house. That evolved to her friends adding to her invites 'Bring your sister'. Now I get a separate invite. They have truly become my friends, I'm not a plus one anymore.
    I have wonderful friends.

Sue and Laura- I love hats, and have quite a few. Everytime I walk by one in a store I check if it will fit. Surprisingly, one out of twenty does.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 07-23-2014 at 06:41 AM.