Thread: 4-Month HRT Question

4-Month HRT Question

Hi everyone! I'm going to see my doctor for a checkup on Monday, but I thought I would ask here too. I had quite a lot of changes months 0-2. However, months 2-4 have seen very minimal changes. The prior changes did hold, thankfully. In the first few months, is it normal to have months where there are practically no changes? Or could that indicate the need to make some medication changes?

Thank you! =)

Silver Member
    Think years, not months.
    Lea

I have been on HRT now for over a year an at 4 months I had like softer skin an other changes take place an my nipples starting getting sore a week after I started HRT an as the months go by you will see more changes take place . I'm Intersex an I have an advantage to why I have good results with the HRT working so well..
    Sarah Michelle Collins

Started HRT with Spirotone on 05/18/2013 an Estradiol Valerate Injections on 06/14/13 an Progesterone injections on 12/29/2014

Banned Read only
    You might have some very small changes take place in 4 months like softening of skin and sore nipples but do not expect anything major to happen. As mentioned, think years instead of months. Be patient, it will happen, maybe.

I got softer skin, obvious breast growth and i dont have that horrible male smell anymore. I noticed slight face changes already.
    I am now just over 3 months, and am happy with the progress so far.

O, the best by far is the mental changes ive experienced!!! I dont know what i would do if i ever had to give up my mones... I have never been so happy and calm in my life before, and for no reason

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah M View Post
    ... I'm Intersex an I have an advantage to why I have good results with the HRT working so well..
    There is a point of view that transsexuality itself is an intersexed condition. On the basis of the science to-date (as a layperson, of course), I agree. Not that the term is in current use in this respect, of course.

With all due respect to your particular condition, I know of no way whatsoever that anyone could make the advantage statement you did with any authority or assurance. One can cite population statistics on things like breast growth, GGs vs trans women, for example, but in any individual case there is no necessary growth advantage. Some GGs have little to nothing, some trans women a lot. What is it that you think confers an advantage?
    Last edited by LeaP; 07-22-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    Lea

The effects of HRT is totaly differant for everybody, add on all the differant types of and doses of HRT and things really are a lucky dip on what hapens, to whom and when.
    There may very well be times when it seems like nothing is happening but that might not be the case with slow and steady changes still going on unnoticed.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaP View Post
    There is a point of view that transsexuality itself is an intersexed condition. On the basis of the science to-date (as a layperson, of course), I agree. Not that the term is in current use in this respect, of course.
    I tend to believe we fall under the hermaphrodite category if what scientist are finding turns out to be repeatably true.

My experience is that I have been on HRT since May so I have not reached the 4 month mark. I noticed some slight changes but not much. I do feel impatient but I also realize that it is going to take time. The thing I am honestly concerned about is that my dosage is too low as per anti androgen but my next appointment is not until September. In the meantime my facial hair grows at the same rate which I assume is expected and I have begun to notice a widow's peak on top of my forhead which I have become concerned about. Everyone in my family has straight hairlines so I am not sure where this comes from.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    ... hermaphrodite category ...
    The term (which has fallen out of use) refers to a subcategory of intersexed conditions. The usual term these days is "ambiguous genitalia."
    Lea

Quote Originally Posted by LeaP View Post
    Think years, not months.
    Agreed. I started on Oestragel around Sept. 2011. There was not much effect the first year. Then went to injectable estradiol Sept. 2012. Shortly thereafter small breast buds formed and started growing slowly at first. Currently I am at a C cup and have intense breast growth pains, so it's quite likely I will reach at least a D cup.

Do bear in mind the genetics play a role in how large the breasts get. I apparently take after my paternal grandmother who had enormous breasts. I have been told very few trans-women go beyond a B cup so don't be disappointed if you stop sooner.

You might need to have lab tests to determine your estrogen and testosterone levels. Mine are at the levels of a pre-menopausal genetic woman.

Johanna Anna
    Last edited by JohnH; 07-22-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him