Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glad to get back here

Don't know what exactly happened yet, Tamara may know more. You should think yourselves lucky though, the last time this happened the forum was offline for around a week

Glad you all missed the place we must be doing sommat right
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I was checking several times a day hoping each time that it was back online. I checked at about 7:00 AM this morning and it wasn't up then and I thought "Wow it must have crashed big if it is taking this long to get mit fixed, I was really glad when I checked at 10:00 and it was up.

I missed all of you!!

Hugs, Bria

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I was almost going through withdrawal symptoms.... Interested to know what the problem was.

Just glad to be back.
    Call me Donna, please

What a terrible experience, not being able to get on the forum. I had a dreaded feeling of loneliness and was very sad to think that the friends made here could be lost forever. It made me realize how important this forum ha sbecome to me.
    Will we ever know what happened? And how can this b eprevented from happening again?
    You people are just too important
    Amanda
    X

Every website has outages now and then for various reasons. When outages occur it is a reminder not to put all your eggs in one rather fragile basket!

Glad to see that things are finally sorted out.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Don't know what exactly happened yet, Tamara may know more. You should think yourselves lucky though, the last time this happened the forum was offline for around a week

Glad you all missed the place we must be doing sommat right

IMO wouldn't it be nice if some one from support had a place to post site problems so others don't go overboard worrying about what is wrong?

Just a thought......

Facebook might be a place, but I can see that many would not want to friend a CD support person on Facebook, for fear of being outed.

And Yes, the site is doing a Lot of things Right!

Just a thought, NOT A COMPLAINT!

It was driving me CRAZY not being able to get on here!!!

OK, I hate to admit it, but I was really bummed out. First few times, I figured the site was just down. Then I tried to access it with Chrome, rather than IE. I even went to the command prompt and ping it, It worked. I was really going through withdrawal.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    I am so, so glad the site is up and running again. I was a trifle panicked--because I thought that possibly my wife had managed to find a way to block this site on our computer. Whew!
    I knew my wife couldn't block it, but I also know that she knows people who could. I even tried my laptop, and it didn't work. I almost broke a cardinal rule today to access from work, because I knew my wife couldn't hack my work PC.

But, it's back up and I'm so happy. Thanks all.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I had thought that my account was either hacked or I had done something wrong and got banned. was really noticing how much this group means to me. glad to have things back now

Tina
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.

I couldn't get this site. I got every other site I went to. Concluded the site was down. I figured it would get fixed. Sometimes sites like this and other controversial sites get hacked and shut down for a few days. No idea what happened here. Carry on.

I kept checking to see if the site would come back up, and it would never load more than 10%. So as long as I was sitting on the computer, I took the opportunity to do some shopping. Got some nice stuff! :-)

Glad the site is back. A large sense of loss was experienced during the down time.
    The alternitives out there just do not hold anything that I want to be associated with.

Went into mourning, thinking that I'd never again be able to contact any of you or know how your stories (lives) turned out. Whomever is responsible for keeping this site running day to day is deserving of a big round of applause.

A big "welcome home" to all.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Looks like there aren't as many people here as they're usually had been. I suppose that happens every time the forum goes down. Do they ever find out what causes the forum to become inaccessible?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Junior Member Miss Interpretation's Avatar
    I just joined the forum not too long ago, and lo' and behold, not a week later the site went down. I was scared that I wouldn't get to come back, and I was just started to make some awesome friends. I'm VERY glad that the site is back up and running. This place truly is a unique and wonderful haven.

Originally I thought it was a filter on the hotel's inner web web thingy that wouldn't allow me to view the site. The IT minions at work do the same thing. I figured I'd have to wait till after vacation to catch up with y'all.....
    .....joni

Sometimes I feel like I ought to spend less time talking about dressing, and more time dressing. The outage was an opportunity to do that. I'm glad it's back though. I have a lot of time on my hands lately.