Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glad to get back here

Glad to get back here

I didn't know if there was something wrong with my internet connection that I wasn't able to access this site for the last two days or if the site was down. But now it appears the site was down.

How much of a bummer was that for you? What did you want to say or read that you didn't get to? Did it interrupt a discussion you were on? It did me.

It was a little bit of a letdown for me, but not a big deal, since it didn't last too long. Had it lasted a few days more, I would've become worried etc. I'd miss not being able to connect with people here.
    Last edited by LelaK; 07-22-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

While I was slightly frustrated, I was also glad to notice how much I missed connecting with the site. The thought that it could go away for ever was truly disquieting. So, kudos to all who keep this site going!

Lela,
    You're not alone on this. I felt as though I was going through withdrawal. I have no idea how many hours I spent trying to figure this out, and then I read your post. Oh, well, I've heard frustration is good for the soul.

Bobbi

Banned Read only
    Lelak it would have a real loss after the support I've had from so many good friends !
    I have to say this is one of the best sites that genuinely helps the various members problems and offers real support. I did start to look through other sites in case we lost this one permanently, thank goodness we haven't !!

I checked the site many times every day. It's a habit that I enjoy and was tempted to try some of the other sites listed on the Crossdressers search. But most were to either date a dresser or have sex with one. This is the on
    Y site I really need. I did email a friend CD and she was having the same problem so I knew the site must be down.

Me, too. Missed everyone.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

At first when I tried to connect to the site and it was down, I thought it might be my internet connection, but then I figured out that the connection was not the problem. Having the site down made me realize how important the site is to me. I visit this site often and it has become one of my favorite sites.

i love this site and it has been annoying that the site has been down anyone know why???

Sometimes one does not appreciate what they have until they do not have it! So happy to be back!

There is a sticky up at the top about site upgrades and kinks, so hopefully it was just a blip and things will smooth out now.

I too was surprised by how much I missed this site. I thought at first that my link was corrupted but then tried going from a google link and when that didn't work I realised what was wrong.
    Glad to see it up and running again.

I am so, so glad the site is up and running again. I was a trifle panicked--because I thought that possibly my wife had managed to find a way to block this site on our computer. Whew!

The site goes down from time to time. I'm amazed that it stays up as much as it does and grateful to all the folk who keep it online. I cannot imagine that anyone makes anything more than pocket money doing this.

But, of course, when it goes down I take it personally and a little part of me mopes around and complains.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lela, I was ready to sell my computers, But I was able to fill the void with Railroad & Woodworking sites.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Can't believe I went two whole days without visiting this site! But thankfully it came back up just in time to distract me at work

I also went through the trouble shooting and checked on downforeveryoneorjustme.com. When I discovered it wasn't me I panicked and suffered withdrawal symptoms. No, it was more like the 5 stages of loss and grief!

What a relief to have it back up. BTW I've been amused by the reference to ironing out the "kinks." Please don't iron out mine!
    Last edited by Samantha Clark; 07-22-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Let's just say that when I tried to access this website again this morning and it actually popped up instead of the error messages that I had been getting since the weekend, my initial reaction was to utter an involuntary exclamation of "Thank God!" under my breath. This site had been down briefly from time to time in the past, but never this long. As time wore on, I became convinced that someone had actually pulled the plug for good this time, and I was already starting to go through the classic "5 Stages of Grief".

I hadn't really appreciated up until now just how big of a lifeline this forum had become for me, and I am so glad to see it back up and running again. For me, the universe continues to unfold as it should now.

I missed all you gals and the amazing support available here...missed it big time!

What Wannabe Women Want

If you are a techie crossdresser was it more frustrating for you that the site was down from the technical side or from the emotional side?

Personally, I was concerned that the site was permanently down either from a financial situation or some kind of FCC matter! Crazy things run through your mind when a warm, familiar and friendly place such as this is suddenly taken from you. I'd hate to have to look for another site as nice as this one. But, then again those on this site would never let it go down permanently. There are some resourceful people on this site who would reinstate it and if it came down to a paid membership to keep it going I'd be more than happy to contribute.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Well when you cant get into CD .com sometimes you just have to be productive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Leigh,

Nicely done!

Is the picture what you would refer to as a selffeet?

I just blamed Bing and Google....lol.

Glad we're back up though
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I too am very glad it is back up and running.
    I was a little scared that maybe some hacker had gotten in and messed with things - I guess all the news about hackers, viruses, and terrorism has me worried.
    I am so glad to see posts from all of you - I love all you and I am so grateful you are all here! Steph
    Stephanie

I thought I might have been banned, really glad to be back

LOL, at first I thought I'd been banned for some reason. But there are sites that can tell you if a website is down and that was a relief, though I was worried we'd never see this place again.

FWIW, I'd pay a subscription fee or donate to a tip jar to help keep the site afloat. This kind of site is not a money maker at all. Purely a labor of love, if I had to guess.

I used the time without the site to connect with my SO and explore my femme side all weekend. It was one of the best weekends of my life. I got a wig! Yay!
    I'm through accepting limits
    'Cause someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But 'til I try, I'll never know!
    - Defying Gravity from Wicked

i thought the same thing as kari...thought i got banned!
    suffered through the DT's and withdrawal, so i'm happy to be back
    paula