Thread: man gets kidney transplant, becomes femme?

man gets kidney transplant, becomes femme?

Not sure if I believe this or not, but interesting...
    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

I need to start drinking more so I can get a female kidney

I have a hard time believing that a kidney can make someone femine. Those emotions are linked in the brain and unless someone has a brain transplant I can not see it happening. That said it is possable that this person had feminine personality from day one that for some reason or another came out.
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

I find this extremely hard to believe.

I never heard of anyone claimuing this after a heart transplant so why a kidney.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

No way, exstremely hard to believe.
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

I suppose its possible that he believed that organs from women could cause feminine traits to appear and its this belief thats caused the 'side effects' he claims.

...and they say Americans will sue anyone for anything

Hey! I received a pint of blood about 10 years ago, and that is about when these CD urges started. Could it have been from a female donor? Hmmmmm, quick - get me the yellow pages, look under Lawyers!
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Believe it or not, my wife and I have had sexual contact over the years. I'm afraid there may have been an exchange of fluids at one time or another. Now I delve into her closet. I do housework, too! Aaaagh! It's all because of normal healthy sex! I'll sue!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Actually, there was a documentary on TV recently about organ transplants and the focus of the show was tissue memories or something like that. This was a real medically documented program that dealt with many cases around the US in which recipients of organs experienced really bizarre compulsions afterwards which were strongly tied to the donor. In some cases unathletic people felt the urge to play a sport of the donor, some took to Karate and other physical sports. Personal preferences were also effected. I believe it is possible, no matter how crazy it sounds.

Julia

Maybe it's because 10% of testosterone is made in or near your kidneys is it not ? So take a females and you won't be getting quite as much. That's just a guess though.

It's not the kidney, it's the adrenal gland that produces the testosterone, and female glands do too. Lower hormones won't make you more feminine either.

All the things that he claims changed are socially conditioned, they aren't inately feminine, and I strongly suspect many women who do do those things don't enjoy them.

The only thing my kidney knows how to do, if you'll pardon the anthropomorphization, is remove wee from me. (Cue the awful taking the piss joke). I really don't think it knows that I am sarcastic, lazy, a bit gothic and overeat whenever possible. It might know that I like Jack Daniels, but I haven't asked it. It hasn't complained though.
    Of course, I say 'it', I have two. I don't want the other to feel left out.
    Take care
    Maria
    xxx

Kidney Causes Transformation !

Jo Ann, that story was quite funny. Sounded like something out of The Weekly World News or such. Imagine being a real macho jock and waking up some morning and you find that you are wearing a very frilly nightie w/ matching panties. At that very moment there is a loud knock on the door. It's your buddies and you are suppose to go fishing that morning. Too bad. You've got all of that house work to do. Kisses,
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

The logic doesn't hold up. If it did, there'd be a lot of people suddenly wanting to eat curry and open a corner shop.

(Nah...work it out for yourself dammit. LOL)

Wink

Not everything is logical. Why are there so men that want to dress up as women?

J

There are lots of men who do crossdress, yes, so clearly something causes it.

Despite a television program being made about 'tissue memory', it remains about as likely as seeing a ghost. Despite years of trying to find evidence of ghosts, it just hasn't happened. This leads me to believe that they don't exist. (Note, not flatly refuse to believe, rather to decide that the evidence precludes their existence.) I feel the same about tissue memory.

Of course, being cynical, I suspect that it's a good excuse to try for money by sueing.

Take care
    xxx

Well Maria, I agree it sounds unlikely. I gather you didn't see the program. It was quite fascinating and the evidence was quite real. The conclusions were inconclusive, even the doctars were puzzled. But the fact remained that there coincidences that were extremely bizarre and perplexing, and yes the instances were real and documented, unlike ghost stories.

We must keep an open mind is all I was trying to imply. And is that not what we expect of others as we try to be accepted for crossdressing? it seems illogical to many as well. But I don't need to tell you this.

J

i hate to get a fresh liver and become adverse to drinking - irony.

house work to do

Quote Originally Posted by Darlena
    Jo Ann, that story was quite funny. Sounded like something out of The Weekly World News or such. Imagine being a real macho jock and waking up some morning and you find that you are wearing a very frilly nightie w/ matching panties. At that very moment there is a loud knock on the door. It's your buddies and you are suppose to go fishing that morning. Too bad. You've got all of that house work to do. Kisses,
    ive had blood transfussion's and it did nothing for me but keep me alive. I like u don't beleave it and i liked your remarks and if that picture is really you can't get much better then you look and it certaintly didn't come by way of some one's kidney happy trails. i injoy your post. Thank u hugs & kiss's

so many cross dresser's

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Cross
    Not everything is logical. Why are there so men that want to dress up as women?

J
    Why are there so many cross dresser's i beleave it is because of the genes and hormone inbalanceS thats my guess.take care everyone has an oppion. but don't sue me i have nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    The logic doesn't hold up. If it did, there'd be a lot of people suddenly wanting to eat curry and open a corner shop.

(Nah...work it out for yourself dammit. LOL)
    Well, after a kidney transplant, I opened a kebab shop, but that could have been due to the organ Doner. :redface:

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Cross
    Well Maria, I agree it sounds unlikely. I gather you didn't see the program. It was quite fascinating and the evidence was quite real. The conclusions were inconclusive, even the doctars were puzzled. But the fact remained that there coincidences that were extremely bizarre and perplexing, and yes the instances were real and documented, unlike ghost stories.

We must keep an open mind is all I was trying to imply. And is that not what we expect of others as we try to be accepted for crossdressing? it seems illogical to many as well. But I don't need to tell you this.

J
    No I didn't see it, I'm English Should put it on my profile thing really.

I suppose I'm a bit biased towards science, in that I believe everything does have an explanation. I'm not so backwards as to discount something's existence if it can't be explained though, as long as it can be documented. That doesn't mean that there is no explanation though, just that we haven't found it yet. But to be honest, we've been through the body on a physical level very carefully, and know pretty much how it works. I think it unlikely that the mechanism of tissue memory wouldn't have been noticed before, but I accept it's not impossible.

As to open minds, well, I don't ask people to believe in transgendered existence, since it's self evident. I don't ask for understanding either, it just IS. All I ask is acceptance without judgement.

So that's where I stand anyway. I don't not believe, but I haven't seem the evidence to believe. That was either profound, or made no sense at all. I think I should go to bed now

Take care
    xxx

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Blood donations were prohibited from black donars for use in white recipients. In some places, it was illegal to transfuse "black blood" to a white person. Reference: here
    People have strange ideas.

Warm regards
    Christina Nicole

I saw it too...

Julia,

I saw the same show too and have read articles about the subject. Bizarre though it sounds, there have been many reported incidences similar to this with other organ recipients. Usually, it is just something quirky like, beleive it or not.... a new found craving for curry, or kebabs that just wasn't there before.

The show was very much from a scientific perspective, and I have to disagree with you Maria, we haven't even come close to figuring out how the body works.

Ellisia

From the Waist Down Rainbow6562005's Avatar

A reply

As a former high-school biology teacher, I find that this man's claim makes no sense, except emotionally. I'm reminded of those wonderful "Inquirer" headlines (are they still in business?) like "Hitler and The Abominable Snowman Photographed Intimately in a Motel Room!" or "Woman Has Proof That Jesus Lives in Brooklyn and Fathered her Baby. Demands Child-support!"

Hilariously,
    Rainbow
    Who's going to decide how you live: your parents? wife/husband? teachers? priests? politicians?

Ellisia, thank's for the support. I was simply trying to suggest, it is possible as this is not an isolated occurence. And yes, even ghosts are possible. We simply don't know everything yet.

I guess I always try to keep an open mind. That is what I expect of others, afterall, those who know me and my dressing, they don't REALLY get it, there are times I don't get it.

Julia