Thread: Officially Androgynous

Red face Officially Androgynous

I think I have hit the point in my HRT where I am officially androgynous. I am getting ma'amed all the time now no matter where I go or how I'm dressed. Restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc. I think I am at the point where people can't tell very well what I am so they play it safe by calling me ma'am. I mean, regardless of what I'm wearing, I have longer-ish hair, painted nails, breasts that show now, and so on. So regardless on if I'm wearing guys clothes... Like right now...I get ma'amed like I have 3 times by different people in the last 20 minutes at this restaurant. I get the warm and fuzzies every time it happens lol. I just love it so much!! I take things day by day and it's times like this that encourage me to go on and that there is hope at completely passing. I just have to stay patient and enjoy the ride!!!

must be such a great feeling, congrats

Ally, your posts are inspiring. I just discovered this part of myself and I'm fascinated by transition videos. They are so beautiful. Your pics and post about being ma'amed while on a work trip are wonderful. Congratulations! I just love your avatar pic.

I'm not sure if I'll be a good candidate for HRT, but I'm going to at least look into it. Seems like such a tough road, socially, but I have some supportive friends and I just can't deny the thrill it gives me to think about living as female.

So, thank you and please keep updating.

.ps Have you done voice therapy or surgery? How is that part of your transition going?
    I'm through accepting limits
    'Cause someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But 'til I try, I'll never know!
    - Defying Gravity from Wicked

When I was in my 20s I got ma'am'ed quite often in male mode, even though I had a lot of facial hair. I never really considered transition, because I wanted to have children.

Congratulations on your progress. I'm excited and happy for you!
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 07-22-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna_H View Post
    Ally, your posts are inspiring. I just discovered this part of myself and I'm fascinated by transition videos. They are so beautiful. Your pics and post about being ma'amed while on a work trip are wonderful. Congratulations! I just love your avatar pic.

I'm not sure if I'll be a good candidate for HRT, but I'm going to at least look into it. Seems like such a tough road, socially, but I have some supportive friends and I just can't deny the thrill it gives me to think about living as female.

So, thank you and please keep updating.

.ps Have you done voice therapy or surgery? How is that part of your transition going?
    You are so sweet! Here is my opinion. If it is something you are considering, then go to therapy and talk with someone and investigate that side of yourself to see if it is truly what you want for your life. If it is, don't let society stop you or keep you from your dream. Live your life in a way that you yourself can be proud of, because at the end of your life, the only one who will look back and determine if you have regrets or are at peace is you. Everyone deserves to be happy and feel like they have truly lived life.

On the topic of voice training, is still rough. I am having to bounce back and forth talking like a guy most of the time and talking like a girl when I am practicing. My range is getting MUCH better though. I used to have a Barry White type of deep voice and now it's more of a Adam Lavine type voice lol. Whenever I drive anywhere, I am practicing. It will be a whole lot easier when I am officially full time even at work. That will be another 5ish months though. I'm giving my body a chance to make the proper changes. I plan on legally changing my name in January and by then, I'll be 100% full time. At that point, I will have been on HRT for 9 months. Life is very exciting!! Also, it is a bit nervewracking.

Here is an article that I urge EVERYONE who is part of the transgender spectrum to read. It is eye opening. Its an article written by a psychiatrist who specializes in gender issues. It covers personality traits, what it means to be trans both mentally and physically. It covers the emotional issues we go through the different stages of acceptance we struggle through. when I read it, I felt like I had just read a story about myself and my journey. It made me cry. Whether you are debating on starting HRT or just simply enjoy crossdressing, it's worth the read!

http://www.transgendercare.com/guida...xpressions.htm

Aly,
    It can be a good ride apart from the hormonal mood swings.
    Enjoy what you can.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congratulations Aly! Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

It is a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

Perception of gender is an interesting thing to examine. I don't go out overtly femme in my community, but I will wear androgynous clothing and colors. I'm occasionally surprised by being ma'amed even when I think that I'm presenting male. Pastel colors and longer hair seem to have a strong influence on the gender judgment of others.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]