Thread: First time out to a CD event...

Wink First time out to a CD event...

Well... I finally got the nerve to go to a CD gathering last weekend! YEA!

I went to the Girls Night Out at the Funky Skunk in Warren Ohio Saturday night (thanks for the invite Marsha Clark) and I had the most wonderful time! I was genuinely surprised at how many girls were there! It's a really well attended event. Everyone of them was so nice and welcoming to a new girl I wasn't the only newbie either). It was just so nice to get out and meet others that share this unique thing that we do. All shapes, sizes and ages were represented.

I didn't know what to expect as far as how to dress so I dressed fairly conservatively, wearing a nice pleated grey skirt and simple purple blouse with mid-length sleeves. My wife was nice and did my nails for me and helped me get my makeup just right. I picked out a pair of silver strapped pumps and I was set. Its about a 40 minute drive from my house to the Funky Skunk and driving dressed is another new experience for me. I needed gas for the drive so I decided to make another first (for me) and go to my local gas station in full dress. Everything went well... I'm getting to like this being out thing better and better. When I arrived at the club I found out that my worries about how I was dressed were all for nothing. I could have worn anything from the plainest male clothing to the wildest female outfit. Everybody fit in... I spent the evening roaming the room meeting many new people (I even remember most of their names). I truly love to talk to people about life and what makes the world go around for them. I enjoyed myself immensely... I cannot wait for the next event.

I can only encourage others to work up the nerve and get yourself out to an event like this in your area. I don't know what took me so long to do it, I'm just sorry that it did... I've pretty much made my mind up to quit worrying about what others will think and just live life for myself, while I still can. Remember that you can do it too.....

congrats to you kati. it only gets easier and much more fun. when we think back isn't it amazing
    that everything we were scared of was all for nothing.
    we have a monthly girls night out here also, but it is a very small group and 5 or 6 would be a
    big turn out.
    can't wait to hear about your next adventure...
    paula

I thought about showing up at that event at some point in the future and it would be my first time out for real also. However, a longer drive for me for sure. Looks kinda fun if it's just hanging around meeting, chatting and perhaps dancing. Don't like drag events or shows if it's about that though. Not real enough.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That sounds awesome Kati!
    I really really want to go to a CD event.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Platinum Member
    Hi Kati, Now that you are out there, there will be no holding you back now.
    I'm so happy for you .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Wow Kati, that sounds like a fun evening. Hope I can do that myself sometime.

I haven't been to the Skunk in several years. I will agree that the Funky Skunk is a great place for a first timer. It is secure and safe, and for those who stay over, the back door of the Skunk opens up into the back parking lot of the hotel.

I will agree that having an invite from Marsha is a good thing. She is a sweetie. When I went to my first support group meeting 15 years ago, Marsha was the first person I met. She will have to tell the funny story on how we met.

Jodi

Gee Kati, that sounds like fun. There's only boring stuff where I live. I think my first outing was to the Goodwill store, or something like that.

Kati
    Way to go! It is a big world out there. Isn't it wonderful to be out in it as a woman? You have just scratched the surface. I am excited for you!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Congratulations. I did the same thing (posted about it in the Special Events/Occasions section). The description of your evening mirrored mine. Hopefully, you will have many more opportunities. It sure beats standing in front of a mirror at home, doesn't it?

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    Congratulation on your first event.

I have never been to one, but I really want to. I love being out and dressed!
    Charlotte

Sounds fun very inspirational!

Silver Member
    So wonderful to read Kati that your "firsts" were fabulous moments in your feminine lifestyle! Most of us (CDs, TGs, etc.) are very accepting as to another's life style and presentation, and will give positive comments to help. Thanx for sharing. Enjoy.

Gone to live my life
    Congrats on your first outing Kati . . . it only gets easier each time.

Hugs

Isha